wth - I failed age verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
You do realize there's not some big modem hooked to a cable or phone line in the wall of the United States, right? Even China tries but can't block everything they don't want in or out. You wouldn't have a dark web if what you say was possible.

That is not the way it traditionally worked (who knows now with the SCOTUS ruling on sales taxes over the internet). The business is done a
Are you sure about that?

But just for talk'n... Say it is a US Transaction.

Does the FDA have any Authority to Regulate a Foreign Company?
You do realize there's not some big modem hooked to a cable or phone line in the wall of the United States, right? Even China tries but can't block everything they don't want in or out. You wouldn't have a dark web if what you say was possible. oK yes I do realize that, but obviously you dont.how does the nsa hear and keep everyone's email,text and phone calls?not one big plug right?I understand 100% how it works you need to go read up on all this and come back.I'm not calling you dumb just saying you obviously don't know any of this

That is not the way it traditionally worked (who knows now with the SCOTUS ruling on sales taxes over the internet). The business is done at the place of business not the home of the consumer.
so when you buy a product with a credit card it don't go through a bank?is that what you're saying?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
For the fda to ok so I'm just waking up please bear with me for a min as I wake up ok thanks.how hard do you guys think it is to stop traffic from a sight or something?schools do this daily.schools,library's,government server's alot of stuff I'm not going to name them all and it's lot.
Yes, from any given network, such as a school's or a company's internal one, it's easy to block a particular site. But it is not at all easy to block a particular site outside the country from all the networks in the country. China tries to do just that to their population with their "Great Firewall" and is only partially successful.

the fda has Congress that's backing this, how hard do you think it is for the fda to go to a judge and say "this is the power that Congress gave us, this is who's not complying, block them.boom!
And exactly how are they going to block them? Block the DNS for a particular domain name? Doesn't work if very well TLD isn't one that cares what the US government thinks. But even if they could, it would be like playing whack-a-mole; the site would be back on a different domain name the next day. The Internet is extremely resilient that way.

if that didn't stop you from ordering Chinese online retaile the customs enforcement agency would just take what packages they receive from said country and the online store has this
That would be somewhat more effective, but by no means totally so.

The simple and obvious answer to this is just buy from an online vapor products distributor or small online business who doesn't use this system every single time you make a purchase. I buy from internet distributors like eJuices.com, Premium Vape Supply and a few others where you place your order without a hitch ...in and out.

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
I swear one or two people are just throwing out random comments just to keep this going.yes the US federal government controls banking bottom line.you make a transaction that's it<----this is dead, over.if you don't think the government controls everything on the net then how and why does the nsa keep all our stuff?they can see you when you're on the onion but they just can't track you down.can't see who you are, I mean they can but it would just take alot of time and most of the time just ordering drugs or a cheap Chinese mod isn T worth there time.they can block whoever they want traffic going in or out.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Ok, but if they don't need a database then how do they know your ID and information on it is legitimate and not a made up card with a photo of me but somebody else's information that i hacked or stole or if its just plain legit ?

Exactly. They're trying to have a claim they followed the law by treating it like an in person transaction and checking ID. Problem is they can't tell if it's real or fake, and even in person when you get set up with a "fake" ID'ed underage person who got their "fake" ID from the government who issues real IDs you still get busted for it.

That would be somewhat more effective, but by no means totally so.

Customs is about the only way they can stop it. As they have tried and failed in the past with ecigs.

I swear one or two people are just throwing out random comments just to keep this going.yes the US federal government controls banking bottom line.you make a transaction that's it<----this is dead, over.if you don't think the government controls everything on the net then how and why does the nsa keep all our stuff?they can see you when you're on the onion but they just can't track you down.can't see who you are, I mean they can but it would just take alot of time and most of the time just ordering drugs or a cheap Chinese mod isn T worth there time.they can block whoever they want traffic going in or out.

NSA tries to keep everything and got too much noise to sift through to find any of it.
China already tries to do what you suggest and can't.
Neither government can even stop illegal fentanyl from coming in in large quantities. But you think they'll mess around with cheap Chinese mods and nicotine?

They might send it underground but they can't stop the signal, Mal.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    The simple and obvious answer to this is just buy from an online vapor products distributor or small online business who doesn't use this system every single time you make a purchase. I buy from internet distributors like eJuices.com, Premium Vape Supply and a few others where you place your order without a hitch ...in and out.
    But they are using a AV system every time, and the majority just don't get flagged.

Exactly. They're trying to have a claim they followed the law by treating it like an in person transaction and checking ID. Problem is they can't tell if it's real or fake, and even in person when you get set up with a "fake" ID'ed underage person who got their "fake" ID from the government who issues real IDs you still get busted for it.[/QUtheOTE]

Thanks Myk, got ya. So the business is just covering themselves legally should they ever need to say here is this persons ID for this specific transaction ? All without having to be plugged in to a National database which probably cost money.

Reactions: Letitia

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2016
    Huntington West Virginia
    Exactly. They're trying to have a claim they followed the law by treating it like an in person transaction and checking ID. Problem is they can't tell if it's real or fake, and even in person when you get set up with a "fake" ID'ed underage person who got their "fake" ID from the government who issues real IDs you still get busted for it.

Customs is about the only way they can stop it. As they have tried and failed in the past with ecigs.

NSA tries to keep everything and got too much noise to sift through to find any of it.
    China already tries to do what you suggest and can't.
    Neither government can even stop illegal fentanyl from coming in in large quantities. But you think they'll mess around with cheap Chinese mods and nicotine?

They might send it underground but they can't stop the signal, Mal.
    omg.......blahahaha this is so funny I mean it's like you believe what you're saying.you just keep flip flopping just to contradict what I'm saying it's so funny.I'm the one that said people get on the onion to talk so they can get around a government blackout.bro how do you think the silk road and all the 2.0,2.1,3.0 and so on keep getting busted?alo t of pedo's are getting busted and sights getting shut down because the government can officially shut them down and track them.they have for along time, and the nsa uses hit words to keep up with things going on.you have keep going on about random stuff that the point to all of this is lost in all your "but I don't think that's how this works" questions.but that ok I get it when people just want to talk, keep chatting with people.the main point is after all your confusing commentaries is yes the goverment can black out a sight like fasttech.it's not hard and if they don't want to do that then they can just block banking transaction and if that DonDon'tt work (which who cares at that point)they can just sit in and watch people but stuff and stop it at the shipping point.but I'm sure you'll have a comeback for this too so let's see it.

Reactions: stols001

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2016
    Huntington West Virginia
    It's almost as if the government won't pay attention to us.for years people was free to buy cigs but who cared.when I was a lil kid my grandma use to send me to the corner store for her cigs.I was lil, nobody cared at all that a 7 year old was buying cigs.I would take them home and give them to her, a couple years later when I started smoking the store owner just have them to me because it was just the norm i always got the same kind she smoked salom 100's.now it's "all about the children" nobody cared about the children 35 years ago.now e juice is where they draw the lineit's sucks but is what it is I guess.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well I'm late to the party here, I think (WOW you lot) but kids can have credit cards or debit cards if it's tied to an adult. I got my kid one the minute he turned 16 and it was tied to my account though. So, I think Banks do keep track of your age and whatnot, and etc.

I have NO CLUE which is the best, cheapest or any other way to do age verification, but I'm not so freaky about the last 4 of my social or DL or WHATEVER. I have found the "check my bank statements monthly and also not freak out" to be of use. I'm sure too that different companies do it differently depending on WHAT sort of like, payment method you choose.

I think a lot of this is just start up headaches from vendors getting going with the age verification thing and I believe it can be verified without said info "SS and DL" but maybe some are freaked out and going over the top and perhaps at some point it will settle down. I do not fret, although it should be noted upfront that age verification should take place and etc. because it just... should.

Mainly though I don't freak out and would rather see it in place (obviously as least burdensome as possible, which will not always be the case) but I'd rather HAVE it, especially if it's a compliance issue.

Fortunately there are lots of vendors and if you do not care for one, go to another and etc. Etc.

Anna

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2016
    Huntington West Virginia
    I swear one person is just throwing out random comments just to keep this going.
    It's almost
    Well I'm late to the party here, I think (WOW you lot) but kids can have credit cards or debit cards if it's tied to an adult. I got my kid one the minute he turned 16 and it was tied to my account though. So, I think Banks do keep track of your age and whatnot, and etc.

I have NO CLUE which is the best, cheapest or any other way to do age verification, but I'm not so freaky about the last 4 of my social or DL or WHATEVER. I have found the "check my bank statements monthly and also not freak out" to be of use. I'm sure too that different companies do it differently depending on WHAT sort of like, payment method you choose.

I think a lot of this is just start up headaches from vendors getting going with the age verification thing and I believe it can be verified without said info "SS and DL" but maybe some are freaked out and going over the top and perhaps at some point it will settle down. I do not fret, although it should be noted upfront that age verification should take place and etc. because it just... should.

Mainly though I don't freak out and would rather see it in place (obviously as least burdensome as possible, which will not always be the case) but I'd rather HAVE it, especially if it's a compliance issue.

Fortunately there are lots of vendors and if you do not care for one, go to another and etc. Etc.

Anna

Anna
    Right,I mostly order from Chinese online sellers anyway so I got time I think.yesterday I sent a pic id to a couple us store's just to make sure I don't have this problem.after what one person said who knows.she said they asked her even after she already id verified.so who knows.good luck to everyone anyways.hope it works itself out and get a better for people on here.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Having to provide a drivers lic. as proof or last four of social (which i would prefer) is not a big deal.

I...personally...do NOT feel comfortable providing a Photo ID or the last 4 of my SSN...

So...I will NOT purchase vaping supplies from the one site that requires them for their Age Verification...and WILL, instead, purchase from the 999 sites that do NOT...

Problem solved...:thumbs:

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    threadjack.jpg

Six pages into this and I am still incensed that a lady was insulted with the age question.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread