Lost the long post I had typed. Will try again. I'm almost afraid to post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagottawanna

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Hey there - "Yagottawanna" . . . I found a video over on You Tube by "Doctor Vapor" that I think is pretty good and has the basic information (it seems very clear and consices) about the "eGo-T" and "How to get started" and I think it would help you a little, especially the anxiety your feeling right now about the "Kit." Here is the link: YouTube - ‪DoctorVapor's Channel‬‏

(BTW, there are even more videos on "You Tube" about "eGo-T", however IMHO, I thought the information in this one would fit your needs . . . Well at least I hope it does)

Oh, and does anyone know whether or not it is Friday - YET . . . If not - can we push the "Clock" forward - PLEASE ! ! ! ! :yawn: I'm tried of waitin' for the :mail:

Thanks so much! I'll check that out. And thanks for bumping my thread last night so I could find it again today. Very thoughtful of you.:)

But now I'm bummed again. I thought today was Thursday.:( Got so caught up in reading on this site I lost track of my days. Well - since they used Priority Mail, maybe I'll get lucky and my kit will arrive tomorrow. An old lady can dream, right? :?:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I am honored that you popped in here to post on my thread. :) I read your very first thread that you posted here this morning and I laughed so hard I was crying. This time "good" tears - not the tears of sadness and frustration when I first jumped in here yesterday. You certainly have a gift - and when time permits, I'm going to read every single thing you have written to date.:)

I'm so anxious for my kit to arrive! Scared, but anxious. Hope there's not a bunch of little doo-dads I have to fiddle with as my hands aren't what they used to be. (Probably a second round of carpal tunnel - after having had both hands operated on a number of years ago.)

I hope everyone here remains as helpful as they have been so far - like when I place them in fear of reading yet another one of my posts because I've fallen into the well and "Lassie" is nowhere near to run for help.:laugh: We'll see.

Thank you so much for stopping in!:)

Don't put a lot of pressure on yourself when it does get here. Don't be put off by the people that quit smoking immediately if that doesn't happen to you. Or you might not fall in love with vaping at first. Ease into it. Make it enjoyable. Vape a little, if you feel like youj need a cig, have one. I bet you'll find that you like them less and less until you can't stand the taste of them and find that vaping is so much better!

I didn't read the whole post but juice is the key! Even more than the pv, at least to me. You might spend a few bucks at first (OK, you might spend a lot) but once you find a juice that you sort of like you'll be OK. Tastes change a lot and you might grow to love it.

Edit: My sister smoked Marlboro and I got her Vapor Station Tampa. My neighbor also smoked Marlboro and ordered her Backwoods Brew Backo.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Don't put a lot of pressure on yourself when it does get here. Don't be put off by the people that quit smoking immediately if that doesn't happen to you. Or you might not fall in love with vaping at first. Ease into it. Make it enjoyable. Vape a little, if you feel like youj need a cig, have one. I bet you'll find that you like them less and less until you can't stand the taste of them and find that vaping is so much better!

I didn't read the whole post but juice is the key! Even more than the pv, at least to me. You might spend a few bucks at first (OK, you might spend a lot) but once you find a juice that you sort of like you'll be OK. Tastes change a lot and you might grow to love it.

Edit: My sister smoked Marlboro and I got her Vapor Station Tampa. My neighbor also smoked Marlboro and ordered her Backwoods Brew Backo.

This is some Excellent advise. ^^^

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

yagottawanna

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Oh yea, get a box of cartomizers.

Here is a link for the Boge 2 ohm 510 cartomizers: Electronic Cigarette - Cartomizers - Boge Cartomizers A pack of 5 is about $8 if you use the 20% off link at the top of the page.

And shipping is like $2.98

Plus you get a 49 cent credit on your account when you write a review.

Liberty Flights is one of my "Go To" web sites.

Excuse me once again as I show off my lack of knowledge.

What is a cartomizer and how is that used in the Joye eGo 2 system that I will be receiving? Is that what comes with my kit - or something that will make things easier for me?

As for not catching on right away and still smoking - that's the reason it's been awhile since my last post. I was rolling my cigarettes to have on hand in case of a nic fit. Trust me on this. No nicotine makes for a very, very, very ugly yagottawanna!!

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
Thank you so much for the kind replies. I am just so confused (by the lingo) and so afraid I have wasted money that I shouldn't have, I guess I'm being rather emotional. I'm sorry. Maybe I won't be so anxious when my shipment arrives - which should be Friday, at the latest.

May I ask another question? I still don't understand the lingo, so please bear with me. While reading on this site all day today, people mentioned not wanting to be out in public with the e-cig I purchased because it didn't "look" like a real cig (sorry) and people might thinkk they were smoking a crack pipe or something. (Don't laugh - I've never seen one!) What I purchased (I get 2) in black, didn't look terribly odd to me - maybe like a pen or something? Is it going to be much bigger than that? I certainly don't want people thinking this little old lady is smoking crack, but there is so much stigma attached to traditional cigs now, wouldn't it be better to be seen smoking an e-cig?

Still confused, but ever so grateful for your kind replies.

hi yagottawanna:)..i am also in yr age group(60)..a habitual smoker for 30+yrs..strictly vaping last 2 months..only yesterday i was having lunch at Burger King in Penang,Malaysia..i asked and was allowed to vape indoor after i explained my e-cig gadget to the manager..in Malaysia very few know about e-cig or use 1...in USA..U will find many who vape and certainly know about e-cig..this e-cig is "catching-on"..smokers around the world,will have an alternative way to changed to vaping for nicotine craved..i am a convert..my health has improve as time goes by..regards mafig ps just used what U have,yr ego kit...get familiar with yr kit & only buy what U need later..dont spend unneccesary as not all the extra add-on is required and worth it..yr kit has all the set up for U to vape happily..happy vaping!

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
A cartomizer is a cartridge and atomizer in one piece. Cart, from the Vaper word cartridge, and mizer, from the Vaper word atomizer. Cart-o-mizer, or carto for short.

The cartridge is what you wrap your lips around and it also hold the juice in an absorbent fill. The cartridge goes on the atomizer. The atomizer attaches to the battery and has a wick, to draw juice from the cartridge, and a coil to boil the juice to produce vapor. (using the power of the battery converted to heat)

Some folks really like cartos. I only like a very specific carto, not Boge, but usually use atomizers.

They, cartomizers, are a bit more convenient, but I find the vast majority to be too "airy".

The great, and confusing, thing about your model is that it is very customizable so it is possible to swap atomizers for cartos for low resistance atomizers for low resistance cartomizers. Many possibilities, many choices, one of them will be perfect for you. It's just confusing for awhile. Soon you'll be speaking goobilty-goo like the rest of us.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Excuse me once again as I show off my lack of knowledge.

What is a cartomizer and how is that used in the Joye eGo 2 system that I will be receiving? Is that what comes with my kit - or something that will make things easier for me?

Many new e-Cig users find Cartomizers (Cartos) to be easier to use that a Cartridge(Cart) and Atomizer(Atty) combination that comes with most starter kits.

They generaly last longer between refills than a cart/atty. Some like the hit better also.

Like I said earlier, Just PM if you would like a few to try. I have about 50 New Unopened Boge 2.0 Cartomizers. I bought 50 them when they went on sale.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Many new e-Cig users find Cartomizers (Cartos) to be easier to use that a Cartridge(Cart) and Atomizer(Atty) combination that comes with most starter kits.

They generaly last longer between refills than a cart/atty. Some like the hit better also.

Like I said earlier, Just PM if you would like a few to try. I have about 50 New Unopened Boge 2.0 Cartomizers. I bought 50 them when they went on sale.

yagottawanna, take zoiDman up on that kind offer. They really work well on the eGo.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
You are getting an eGo model, so (basically) what you have that won't change is that great eGo battery. With that battery here's some of the fun stuff you can do:

• battery + atomizer + cartridge
• battery + atomizer + drip tip
• battery + LR atomizer + cartridge
• battery + LR atomizer + drip tip
• battery + mega atomizer + mega cartridge
• battery + tank atomizer + tank cartridge
• battery + LR tank atomizer + tank cartridge
• battery + cartomizer
• battery + LR cartomizer
• battery + eGo cartomizer
• battery + atomizer + vapemate
• battery + clearomizer
• battery + CE2
• battery +
• battery +
• battery +

.... so you see, the main thing is the battery and the rest are just attachments. Start with the bits that come with your kit and then once you get the hang of it you can choose (or not) to try out some other bits that you might like. The good news is that you have just about the most adaptable unit out there so you have plenty of options open to you.

Good luck!

yagottawanna

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
You are getting an eGo model, so (basically) what you have that won't change is that great eGo battery. With that battery here's some of the fun stuff you can do:

• battery + atomizer + cartridge
• battery + atomizer + drip tip
• battery + LR atomizer + cartridge
• battery + LR atomizer + drip tip
• battery + mega atomizer + mega cartridge
• battery + tank atomizer + tank cartridge
• battery + LR tank atomizer + tank cartridge
• battery + cartomizer
• battery + LR cartomizer
• battery + eGo cartomizer
• battery + atomizer + vapemate
• battery + clearomizer
• battery + CE2
• battery +
• battery +
• battery +

.... so you see, the main thing is the battery and the rest are just attachments. Start with the bits that come with your kit and then once you get the hang of it you can choose (or not) to try out some other bits that you might like. The good news is that you have just about the most adaptable unit out there so you have plenty of options open to you.

Good luck!

I know, I know. You all probably think I'm like gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe, but I can't help myself. My new "addiction" is this site - was up until 3:30 a.m. last night (little old ladies shouldn't do that), but I'm trying to suck all the info out of your brains that I possibly can. Am I forgiven?

Okay - sounds like I made a good first choice based on all the options you were kind enough to type out for me. (That must have took awhile - much appreciated!) I wish the kit was here because if I was actually looking at the parts I'm sure it would make more sense.

I have a couple of new questions.

Do I have too many posts to start a new thread here on the newbies section? If so, should I just keep coming back to this same thread to ask all of my questions - or wander out to the other areas?

Secondly, my power went out last night. Something that happens very frequently here, but "most" of the time it will only be for a minute or two. Just long enough for my annoying answering machine to wake me up by announcing that I need to reset the time or whatever. (Looked for a place where I could shut that off, but couldn't find one.) Anyhow - how would this impact my overnight charging of batteries? Do you think it would be a good idea to buy additional batteries and another charger (I won't be charging off my computer) so I can keep - say 4 batteries - charged at all times?

I could be wrong, (wait - that should be "I'm probably wrong"), but if I'm sitting around reading (or whatever) and vaping (as often as I would normally smoke) wouldn't the two batteries I'm getting in my kit run down by around 9 or 10 p.m.?

Thirdly, how much juice does it take to fill one cartomizer (or cartridge)? I was looking at some samples last night that were 6ml (I think) and $4 a piece (I think). Obviously I'm suffering from information overload here.

If I should start posting elsewhere - or be starting new threads elsewhere - please tell me because I certainly wouldn't want to annoy anyone by continuing to add on to this specific thread.

Thanks in advance. :)

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
You get two batteries with your kit. When one is in use the other is on the charger. The ego battery takes about 2 hours to charge. An extra battery (and charger) is never a bad idea. I'd get a 1000 mah battery. A good rule of them is about (give or take) an hour per 100 mah.

Each cartomizer holds about 1 ml of juice (about 30) drops. I think carts hold about half that. I'm not completely sure I never really use them except to test juice.

Annoying? Heck no! Post away!

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
yagottawanna welcome, sorry I'm late to the fold, I wanted to mention something that will definitely help you, it helped me a TON with getting used to the terminology. When you see a word that is related to vaping (such as PV or atty) they will have a little line under them. If you hover over them with your mouse, they will give you a tiny little popup-like thing that explains the term (PV should show Personal Vaporizer and atty should show atomizer). As for your batteries, I have the EGO, one is a 650 mAh (miliamp hour) and it lasts me about 4-6 hours depending on how heavy I'm vaping. The other is 1000 mAh and it lasts longer, 8-10 usually. I tend to put one on the charger once its dead and switch to the new one, so I have one charging and one charged. You'll get used to how often you need to charge as you go. I hope you enjoy it, and glad you came here! This is a truly wonderful place. There's tons of subforums to poke around in too, from the Women's Room (shameless plug admitted) to vendor forums, reviews of liquid and hardware, and other specifics like classifieds and PIF. You did the right thing by researching, and by coming here. We're happy to have you and happy to help :)

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
question #1: I believe you get 70 posts in the new members thread before you can't start new threads (the computer will automatically block you), but you can always reply to other members posts here or add your similar question to someone else's thread.

question #2: If your power goes out a lot it might be a good idea to have some extra batteries. Once you charge the battery it'll stay charged until you use it, so even if you had a couple of spares all charged up you'd be fine for a while.

And like swedishfish said, each mah is equal to about an hour of vaping (more or less); the batteries you are getting are 650 mah (6.5 hours), but they also come in 1000 mah (10 hours) if you like. The more mah, the bigger the battery is going to be.

question #3: the cartridges that come with your kit hold about 0.5ml of liquid, cartomizers hold 1ml. The average vaper goes through about 3ml per day.

yagottawanna

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
You get two batteries with your kit. When one is in use the other is on the charger. The ego battery takes about 2 hours to charge. An extra battery (and charger) is never a bad idea. I'd get a 1000 mah battery. A good rule of them is about (give or take) an hour per 100 mah.

Each cartomizer holds about 1 ml of juice (about 30) drops. I think carts hold about half that. I'm not completely sure I never really use them except to test juice.

Annoying? Heck no! Post away!

Actually, unless you have a highly specific question that is not answered here, your best bet is to treat this as "YOUR" thread. That way, anyone who is responding will have a good idea of what equipment you have and what you have already tried.

yagottawanna welcome, sorry I'm late to the fold, I wanted to mention something that will definitely help you, it helped me a TON with getting used to the terminology. When you see a word that is related to vaping (such as PV or atty) they will have a little line under them. If you hover over them with your mouse, they will give you a tiny little popup-like thing that explains the term (PV should show Personal Vaporizer and atty should show atomizer). As for your batteries, I have the EGO, one is a 650 mAh (miliamp hour) and it lasts me about 4-6 hours depending on how heavy I'm vaping. The other is 1000 mAh and it lasts longer, 8-10 usually. I tend to put one on the charger once its dead and switch to the new one, so I have one charging and one charged. You'll get used to how often you need to charge as you go. I hope you enjoy it, and glad you came here! This is a truly wonderful place. There's tons of subforums to poke around in too, from the Women's Room (shameless plug admitted) to vendor forums, reviews of liquid and hardware, and other specifics like classifieds and PIF. You did the right thing by researching, and by coming here. We're happy to have you and happy to help :)

You folks are the best!! I know it must get "old" - going through all of this with every person who comes along - but one day I hope to have enough knowledge myself to jump on the band wagon and quide others through this maze. :) All of the above info was very helpful for me.

I notice we have a section here called "Form Suppliers". Are these the businesses that are your "go-to" folks for supplies and accessories? Are they here because they have been proven reliable and providing good customer service? If I just google something like "cartomizers", I end up with a million pages and no way of knowing if they're legit; if they give good customer service; if their prices are good; etc. So would you suggest that for now I stick with the suppliers in that section? (I'm 99% sure by next week I'll be wanting to get at least 1 extra battery and an extra wall charger - just to be extra safe.)

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread