Lost the long post I had typed. Will try again. I'm almost afraid to post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Thanks, Rosa! Based on your numbers I'm thinking maybe the $4 samples I was looking at were 0.6 - does that sound more logical for only $4 each?

6ml for $4 sounds about right.

The forum vendors have been vetted by our members, tried and true. If they start to have a bunch of complaints they do get kicked out.

It can be helpful to ask which vendors people like the best for specific items and you'll get a short list of places to look first. It's usually a good idea to get your equipment and juice from different places (juice vendors are good at juice, equipment vendors are good at equipment).

For samples I sometimes go here: FreedomSmokeUSA they have a lot of flavors to choose from, but you can't customize (most of) the samples themselves (all are 50/50 mix of PG/VG, all are 24mg) ... coupon code "freedomsmokeusa"

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Right now honeyville vapor has a 39c sale on ALL 5ml bottles (limit 2 per flavor). They are a known vendor and have good support. You could try almost all the flavors for 12$ or go for the gusto and get 2 in different nicotine levels with each flavor for about 25$ after shipping. I think it was 24 flavors. 4$ for a 6ml bottle is reasonable, but kind of pricey in my humble opinion.

I would second the notion of picking up a another battery. You could always rotate them (for lifespan) and you would have one charging, one charged and one vaping. It shouldn't be more than 10-20$ for a battery. Isn't it great how much you get for the cost of one carton of smokes?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
... called "Form Suppliers". Are these the businesses that are your "go-to" folks for supplies and accessories? Are they here because they have been proven reliable and providing good customer service? If I just google something like "cartomizers", I end up with a million pages and no way of knowing if they're legit; if they give good customer service; if their prices are good; etc. So would you suggest that for now I stick with the suppliers in that section? (I'm 99% sure by next week I'll be wanting to get at least 1 extra battery and an extra wall charger - just to be extra safe.)

Thanks again!

The registered ECF vendors are the only ones I will do business with. They support this and are brave enough to put themselves before the most educated and vocal customers of the vaping world. That means more to me than the lowest price. (But I will still try to see if there is a coupon code or special for anything I do get from an ECF vendor.)

yagottawanna

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
It's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A day earlier than they said it would be!

And here's how it went.

Opened the box.
Saw no instructions.
Heart racing - bad!
Didn't look like all the items I thought I was supposed to get.
Heart racing and feeling faint.
Pulled everything out of the box.
Found an itsy bitsy pamphlet (about the size of a book of matches) - with no drawings; no identification of parts; no description of parts; not even so much as an indication of where the batteries were that I needed to charge ASAP.
Heart racing, palms sweaty, feeling faint - and right on the verge of tears.:(
Found the business card of the company I ordered from. They close at 4 p.m., my time. It was 3:57 p.m.
Grabbed the phone, punched in the numbers as fast as I could, and "Rick" answered.

I am now madly in love with Rick!!!!!!!!

I don't have long distance and it wasn't a toll free number. No problem per Rick - he would call me right back - and he did. I mean right back!!!!

Went through every single piece with me. Told me how to get my first battery charging. Identified all parts for me. Told me what I could - and should - do with said parts. Checked a new order I placed an hour prior (some pre-filled cartomizers; 900 battery; extra atomizer; some flavors; etc.). Found one "oops" I made (that would just make things a little more difficult for me); corrected it and replaced it with an option that cost less. He also mentioned that they have been trying for a long, long time to get Joye to come out with a decent instruction manual, but so far, no luck. Told me not to worry. From now on he would be my "go to" guy. :)

We were on the phone a looooooooooong time. I love Rick!!:laugh:

Told me to call him any time - he'll call me right back - and he'll answer every single question I have. If I want him to review my orders, he will - to make sure that my first attempt at this is as easy for me as possible.

So gang, here I sit. Waiting very impatiently for my battery to charge so I can actually try to use this contraption.:laugh:

I don't know if this place has the best prices - but they sure have an awesome guy working for them. Rick!!!

If anyone is interested, it's EcigBestSave. Based on my experience today, I won't be veering away from them any time soon. You just don't get customer service like that these days.

Maybe I'll check out some other suppliers later on, but for now?

I LOVE RICK !!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Too Cool...

But there is one thing you Have to do before you start using your atomizer. You have to rinse it out completely with hot tap water.

Take off the shipping cartridge if it came with one attached and take it to the sink. Flush as hot of tap water as you can stand thru the atomizer. Flush it with water. Then blow thru the battery end until no water comes out. Do this about 10 times.

Then shake it out like you shake down a thermometer. Get as much water out of it as possible. The place it somplace warm like under a desk lamp and wait for you batteries to charge.

You have to do this because sometimes the atomizer come with a "Primer Fluid" on them that tastes Nasty. I mean bad.

When your batteries are charged, blow thru the atomizer one last time to make sure there isn't any water left in it. Take you e-Liquid bottle and drip THREE drops into the atomizer from the NON-Battery side. Drop the drips right down the center.

Now open one of your pre-filled cartridges and push it into the atomizer. You are ready to take your first hit.

(Don't be alarmed if your first couple of hit seem weak. There still might be a little moister left in the atomizer from rinsing.)

Take small slow hits. It isn't exactly like a cigarette. The key is to draw slowly.

I'm still at work but you had to know about rinsing out the atomizer before you started. I was going to mention this tonight thinking that your kit would come tomorrow.

Let us know how things go and the questions that come up.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Then shake it out like you shake down a thermometer. Get as much water out of it as possible. The place it somplace warm like under a desk lamp and wait for you batteries to charge.
I would suggest putting it in the oven at 150 degrees for 20 minutes to make sure that it's dry before using it.
That was the conventional wisdom when I came onboard, and it always worked great for me.
:)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I would suggest putting it in the oven at 150 degrees for 20 minutes to make sure that it's dry before using it.
That was the conventional wisdom when I came onboard, and it always worked great for me.
:)

That will work.

Just don't do what I did the first time and forget about it overnight. I spent about and hour look for it the next day on my desk. Under my desk. Behind my desk.

Must have check the box the eGo came in 20 times before it dawned on me where is was.

:facepalm:

incantius

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
tennessee
welcome to ECF yagotta...BTW as far as finding your threads/posts you don't need to have anyone "bump" it up for you. you have a few options...
first option: save this page as a "Favorite" (or "Bookmark" depending on your web browser)
2nd option: click on your name at the top of the forum:
Search Results - E-Cigarette Forum - Mozilla Firefox.jpg
then click on the Find all started threads link:
find all threads.jpg
and you'll see all of the threads you've started...including this one.

there are other ways but those are the easiest :D

darn images are so small...in case you can't see them well (i can't) click on them and they'll enlarge for you

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH
You can also click where it says "What's New" a drop down box will appear and it the middle click where it says "My Posts"
Also I'm so glad you found a quality vendor and they were able to help you out! It's sometimes the little things that make the most difference.
welcome to ECF yagotta...BTW as far as finding your threads/posts you don't need to have anyone "bump" it up for you. you have a few options...
first option: save this page as a "Favorite" (or "Bookmark" depending on your web browser)
2nd option: click on your name at the top of the forum:
View attachment 44065
then click on the Find all started threads link:
View attachment 44066
and you'll see all of the threads you've started...including this one.

there are other ways but those are the easiest :D

darn images are so small...in case you can't see them well (i can't) click on them and they'll enlarge for you

n0e11e

Jun 19, 2011
BFE, texas
if i get a 510 or an ego i'll probably get it from ecigbestsave, because their prices are really good. the husband made fun of the site because it seems very...generic, but i'm glad to know there's somebody running it who apparently really cares about their customers. rick sounds awesome.

the best thing to remember is that you most likely will not get it exactly right the first time. and that that's okay. normal, even. we ordered a riva 510 from liberty-flights.com and decided we needed TEN different flavors of tobacco with our first order. HUGE MISTAKE. but we're learning. and that's what it's about. i'm still smoking analogs [waiting on an order of non-tobacco flavors from velvet vapors...it SHOULD be here today I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE] but even from my very limited experience, i can tell you it's a learning process. and the people on ECF are WONDERFUL as far as helping/answering questions.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
SO HAPPY :rickroll: for YOU . . . And even happier that you 1) got your's early too (I got mine last night); 2) had a wonderful experience with a Great Guy from their customer service, and 3) have everything figured out with the set-up with the help from "Rick" (Kudos out to him for assiting you and I would say that is Great Customer Service).

I can't wait to hear about your experience, especially with your First day of "VapIng." Just remember, to take it easy it is not the same as smoking an "anolog,' and if your experience is anything like mine today - the first few hits probably will either "throw you for a loop" if you do it to quick & take a long drag . . . or be pure enjoyment when you start to get the hang of it. Personaly, I haven't gotten how to really do it correctly yet, and like everyone has been saying there is a "learning curve" being a "newbie" and this being our first "eCig."

Take care "yagottawanna" . . . We'll be waiting to hear what happens . . .

yagottawanna

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Well folks, I'm back - and alive to talk about it. (Cough, cough,cough,cough..)

Here's how it all went down.

Little old ladies can be pretty impatient at times - and this was one of those times. So - while waiting for the battery to reach a full charge on the one Rick helped me with, I decided to fiddle with the other one. Got it all put together (with the prefilled USA red cartomizer), push the button (mine are manual), and surprise, surprise - it was already charged! (Don't know why, don't care - just wanted to try it.)

First drag, nothing.

Second drag, "something".

Third drag, I had to quick pick my right lung up off of the floor, rinse it off, and reinsert it in my chest cavity - all while attempting to keep the left lung from flying out as well. My immediate thought was: "Oh my! I haven't had this much fun since I had major surgery to remove a 4" section of one of my ribs for that bone tumor back in '72!! Why or why did I wait so long?"

Quickly followed by: "Rick - I know your last name - and I know where you work.":glare:
("Love" can be fleeting, eh?)

Fourth drag. Very slow, very light, no deep inhaling. Hmmm.. No cough, fairly smooth vape - in and out. (Okay - maybe this is doable. Apologies to Rick. "Love" is also fickle. Maybe we can start over.)

Set my PV down (pretty nifty - huh? Guess I'm a "fast" learner after all.:laugh:) and thought about the taste (while giving my lungs and my heart a few minutes to get back into sync again). Taste. What taste? Didn't taste like the cigs I'm rolling, but didn't taste like anything else either. No taste - none - which I'm thinking isn't necessarily a bad thing because I've never liked the taste of tobacco anyhow. For several minutes I just sat here in my own little world thinking, "When my new order arrives am I really going to be able to get my nicotine fix in some yummy flavor like almond rather than absolute nothingness?" No - there has to be a catch. Can't be.

I pick it up again - push the button - take a slow, not-too-deep drag - the door opens and I hear my adult daughter and granddaughter asking in unison (dead serious), "Why do you have a fat, black marker in your mouth - and why is there smoke coming out of your nose?"

How do you explain? Seriously? That's exactly what it looks like. Because my finger is over the button when I'm taking a drag, you see no "light" and the end of it is just flat and shiny. I know I said I didn't want anything that looked like a crack pipe - or anything that looked like a cigarette - so what - now people are going to think I'm sucking on the wrong end of lit Sharpies instead? :confused: (Which actually could explain away the "coughing fits" part of it though, now that I think about it.)

Bottom line? So far it's been good, bad, pleasant, not-so-pleasant, difficult, easy, annoying, hopeful, and most importantly - could conceiveably "take me out" at any given moment and you will never hear from me again.

As for my relationship with "Rick"? The jury is still out on that one. There had better be some seriously good cherry, almond, and coconut in that next shipment when it gets here.;)

Try, try again...............:facepalm:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Very good to hear you are on your way. It's going to work out I'm sure.

I won't lie to you. Your going to have a few ups and downs for a tad. But you'll get the hang of everything and find some e-Liquid flavors that you like and everything thing will be fine.

Soon you'll be the one giving newbies advice.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Good start. I think it is almost required to attempt to hack a lung up the first go-around.

On flavors. Remember you really "taste" vapor with your nose and the coating in it, from smoking, could impede that sense for a bit. (one of the main reasons that you'll want to set aside any flavors you don't like to try at a later time as that section of the sniffer may uncoat at that time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread