Status
Not open for further replies.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Howdy all. :)

Hot a H U M I D here, but Dale has it worse. :(

Was just curious MB, I've always thought that would be a good job. I would't want to be in a Pro shop in a high end course, I think that crowd can be a bit high maintenance. :lol:
Just today DH got his pair of custom FootJoy golf shoes. He was able to play in the John Deere Classic Vendor Tourn. that runs a few days before the actual JD Classic starts, I guess it was the beginning of Aug.
They were part of the free gift package for those who participated. He got to pic everything out, had all sorts of options to choose from, and they have the JD Logo on them, near the heel.
He had me open them and I sent him a few pics.

Chooch, that would've made me mad. I actually take our phone off the hook when I nap. :)

No Dale, I do it all the time. If I'm home alone, I just don't even answer it if I don't recognize the number or caller.
We have an answering machine, if it's truly important, they'll leave a message, or call back.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Problem is they're "robo" calls and very creative now a days. Got a cousin who's very creative herself and managed to keep a "live person" on the phone for 20 minutes before they decided they were being jerked around. That was her all time record, but loves jerking them around for any length of time. :lol::lol::lol:
I love this!! :wub:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Also, and this is the real deal, as in legitimate governmental website, if you have not registered your phone numbers, do...it does at least help a little.
National Do Not Call Registry

There used to be something you could sign up for at the post office too, it helped cut down on junk mail, I'm not 100% that they still do it, but if so, do it, cut down on all the junk.
I don't remember the particulars, but the post office can explain it, I did it years ago, it helped quite a lot.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Howdy all. :)

No Dale, I do it all the time. If I'm home alone, I just don't even answer it if I don't recognize the number or caller.
    We have an answering machine, if it's truly important, they'll leave a message, or call back.
    Hi over here Lori ;)

If I pick up the phone and simply re-cradle it - it's because I can actually hear it and it rings and rings and rings ........
    and rings :blink: Until I get PO'ed :laugh:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Hi over here Lori ;)

If I pick up the phone and simply re-cradle it - it's because I can actually hear it and it rings and rings and rings ........
    and rings :blink: Until I get PO'ed :laugh:
    You don't have an answering machine?
    Yeah, definitely in that case! No, ours rings 4 or 5 times then goes to the answering machine. :)

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    Hi, LoriP. :) Not only does the Fed. have a "Do Not Call List" but your individual states do too. The state ones though do allow certain entities within your state boarders to call. The Feds. allow political and charities to call.......It's been so long that I may have this wrong. It does make a huge difference.

Being put on a "No Junk Mail" list is also very helpful. There are days and days we get absolutely nothing in the mail.

Make sure when you sign up for anything (credit card, bank account, phone contract, etc.) that you state you don't want them to "share" your information with anyone or anything. Use to be any "card companies" and financial institutions would have to send out a Privacy Statement every yr. where you had a couple of options for them using your info. We always marked "no way, Jose" and "if you do, I will sue!" Ha! :p

All this takes approx. 3 mos. to go into effect.......You ARE dealing with a government. :facepalm:

angelphyre

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
    I don't even have a home phone...haven't had one since Katrina, when we lost all the land lines around here and it took them 6 mos. to a year to get them back up. By that time most people were using their cells for everything and so many of us never had a land line put back in....That has really cut down on the junk calls for me...and I never answer a call from a number I don't know...that's why I have voice mail, if it's important they'll leave a message...and keeping my phone on vibrate ensures I don't get awakened by any nonsense calls either! :D

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Hi, LoriP. :) Not only does the Fed. have a "Do Not Call List" but your individual states do too. The state ones though do allow certain entities within your state boarders to call. The Feds. allow political and charities to call.......It's been so long that I may have this wrong. It does make a huge difference.

Being put on a "No Junk Mail" list is also very helpful. There are days and days we get absolutely nothing in the mail.

Make sure when you sign up for anything (credit card, bank account, phone contract, etc.) that you state you don't want them to "share" your information with anyone or anything. Use to be any "card companies" and financial institutions would have to send out a Privacy Statement every yr. where you had a couple of options for them using your info. We always marked "no way, Jose" and "if you do, I will sue!" Ha! :p

All this takes approx. 3 mos. to go into effect.......You ARE dealing with a government. :facepalm:
    Thank you, excellent info. You said all that much better than I could've. :)
    Yes on the CC companies stuff too, because legally, any third party, or subsidiary of theirs has permission if you do business with the main company...or at least it used to be that way.

I did not know about the state thing though.

Foreign solicitors do not honor the do not call. I exchanged words with a man from Jamaican one day. :facepalm:
    "He" explained how it worked for foreign calls. (jerkie)

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    My FIL called one of those unknown numbers that pop up on your laptop (ex: computer running slow, we can help type ads) :facepalm: We could hear him on the phone, he had the guy from India on speaker phone.
    I walked in there and he was on team viewer with the guy. :(

Sometimes ya just gotta shake your head...
    Oh, and he does ALL his banking and stuff online. :unsure: Guess he got lucky, or else we never heard if his identity got stolen...

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    It's because I'm such a goof at the computer that I refuse to put anything of value on it. About 6 weeks ago got a notice on screen that my computer info was being held for ransom and here was what I was suppose to do to get my info back. :lol::lol::lol::lol: The program was XP and it and the computer 11 yrs old and on it's last legs AND nothing stored on it that was important. :pervy: :pervy::pervy::pervy: Went out got a refurbished one with Windows 7. If the Pentagon, financial institutions and Hillary can be hacked having IT guys right there on staff, I ain't got a chance.:facepalm:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    It's because I'm such a goof at the computer that I refuse to put anything of value on it. About 6 weeks ago got a notice on screen that my computer info was being held for ransom and here was what I was suppose to do to get my info back. :lol::lol::lol::lol: The program was XP and it and the computer 11 yrs old and on it's last legs AND nothing stored on it that was important. :pervy: :pervy::pervy::pervy: Went out got a refurbished one with Windows 7. If the Pentagon, financial institutions and Hillary can be hacked having IT guys right there on staff, I ain't got a chance.:facepalm:

One at work got that.
    Oldbikeguy can steer you how to get it removed if you end up with it again.
    We just trashed the one at work, it was the same deal, XP, at least as old as yours was.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning lovely & handsome ones :)

277948-Happy-Wednesday.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread