MVP Owners Group-into the next generation…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Yeah I kind of wish I had seen the CF IV plus before pulling the trigger on the 3.0 Pro, it definitely (the CF IV plus) is a better looking (IMO)boxmod and with the bigger batt, is nearly equal to the 3.0 Pro. But my MVP 3Pro is already on it's way. Even worse, I started drooling after seeing the Disrupter/Innokincell... lol

Update: OK, done drooling over the disrupter... love the concept, seems it needs some work before it comes out of what I would call... beta status. Maybe the TC version will be a more complete device. /rant off

Btw, sorry for taking things OT here. :blush:

Why do you consider the Disrupter a "beta device"? It performs very well and the changeable lipo is a big plus. Just curious.

Utew

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Eugene, OR
Why do you consider the Disrupter a "beta device"? It performs very well and the changeable lipo is a big plus. Just curious.

Phil Busardo's video review of the Disrupter, highlighted the quirks that should be addressed to turn it into what (IMO) should be a killer MOD. Love the sliding replaceable battery, but at present the capacity is too small (on shipping units). I agree with him that the battery should slide UP from the bottom, not DOWN from the top. Overall un-finished look of the top and bottom plates (covers), ie the over-abundance of screws showing.

Nit-picking? Perhaps... but those things alone turn what is a really attractive and desirable device into just an almost ready for primetime product. Thus my "beta" comment.
2.0 version of the Disrupter, with those issues fixed would be killer and I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. YMMV.:)

Reactions: gnees

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Well I agree with some of your points. In fact I wrote Innokin about the ugly screws. The direction of slide makes no difference to me. Perhaps their thinking was/is the unit spends it's time upright and the battery can't slide off? It would take a ton of wear to get to that point. The 2,000 mah is too small. 3,000 are out now but with a size penalty. Since it is a replaceable battery why not keep a spare around? It is not perfect but I think Innokin achieved what they were out to do I vote no on Beta. Vote yes on their could be improvements but none are imperative.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Well I agree with some of your points. In fact I wrote Innokin about the ugly screws. The direction of slide makes no difference to me. Perhaps their thinking was/is the unit spends it's time upright and the battery can't slide off? It would take a ton of wear to get to that point. The 2,000 mah is too small. 3,000 are out now but with a size penalty. Since it is a replaceable battery why not keep a spare around? It is not perfect but I think Innokin achieved what they were out to do I vote no on Beta. Vote yes on their could be improvements but none are imperative.

Totally agree. The Disrupter is my favorite of all my Innokin mods. I have absolutely no problem with how the battery slide off. In fact, I got a big laugh out of Busardos problem with the battery. You'd really have to be clumsy to have the problems he had with it. They fit very tight. And I have 5 Disrupter batteries that I pull on and off all the time. I've frequently found them on sale for $12. As soon as My Vapor Store gets the 3000 mah batteries, I'm definitely going to pick up a couple. It's also a very comfortable mod to hold - much more so than my MVP 20W mods. Personally, I think it's one of the best mods they've ever made.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Totally agree. The Disrupter is my favorite of all my Innokin mods. I have absolutely no problem with how the battery slide off. In fact, I got a big laugh out of Busardos problem with the battery. You'd really have to be clumsy to have the problems he had with it. They fit very tight. And I have 5 Disrupter batteries that I pull on and off all the time. I've frequently found them on sale for $12. As soon as My Vapor Store gets the 3000 mah batteries, I'm definitely going to pick up a couple. It's also a very comfortable mod to hold - much more so than my MVP 20W mods. Personally, I think it's one of the best mods they've ever made.

Place a small amount of No-OX-ID on the contact pins in the body and on the contact surface. Slides like butter!

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Question for you guys - I had the original MVP and thought very highly of it. The past few years I have only used mechs though. I am considering getting the MVP 3 Pro for my wife. What are your opinions reliability/quality/longevity wise on that one?

I would look at the Cool Fire IV. Slightly smaller, great hand feel and a solid device available in womanly colors.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I would have to say probably better than the 2.0 version
•flush spring loaded SS 510 pin
•4500 mah battery
•better fire button
•bigger screen

but:
many great choices from Innokin to go along with the "Pro"

upload_2016-1-7_14-7-51.png

upload_2016-1-7_14-9-13.png

upload_2016-1-7_14-9-58.png

the cool fire series is more custom hand fit than the brick style
and the newest CoolFire has some battery now

:)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
The MVP 20 watts are perfection to me , i am not one of those , "oh, it's too big or boxy" types , i took an MVP apart and i was blown away how solid the overall build and construction of it was , really amazing .

Innokin still makes the best quality mods you can buy imo .

Agent75

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
United Kingdom
If I could afford it I'd take a Coolfire IV plus over an MVP pro any day. Typical solid Innokin quality, just more aesthetically pleasing. I just got the coolfire IV and it's robust. Kicks the Wismec in the nuts, and doesn't get alarmingly hot while charging, unlike the Presa which I move away from any other gear whilst charging just in case!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
sorry to say good-bye to a favorite artist of mine - David Bowie (1947-2016)
he passed away Sunday, age 69

Bowie was a TECHIE and Always had a cigarette in his mouth, I can't say I ever seen a picture of him
with an electronic cigarette... - makes me wonder :?:

upload_2016-1-11_19-56-43.png

he sure filled me with a lot of memories...

upload_2016-1-11_20-0-11.png

R.I.P.
:cry:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Bowie’s passing makes me think back…

1972 - I was in a good place in life, all was good and that
included some of the best Rock-n-Roll, which included the
newly released Ziggy Stardust album…
I remember when it came out,
I was at our local head/record shop and heard it – wow!
I think I fell in love with each song, just as I heard each first note…

just SOME of the high points from that grand Rock-n-Roll year...

upload_2016-1-11_20-26-10.png

boy, wish I would of had an MVP Pro back then... :evil:

-

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread