iTaste MVP v2 Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Finally made it home to play with my MVP 2.0 that was waiting in the mail box! This thing is awesome and not nearly as complicated as I was anticipating since it is my first with VW. Went and bought another nautilus and some new juices to try out. Using 1.8 coils on 8.5w and the flavor is amazing. First time trying JW Watermelon but picked up some hawk sauce and blue razz since i know I'm going to be chain vaping this thing since it's new. Up to 275 puffs so far and have loved everyone. Not a huge fan of the IClear 30 that came with it, but i was planning on another nautilus anyway.

hey great to hear ya got it in hand !

it just keeps getting better

congratulations :banana:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
For us slow learners in the back row...

1.8Ω, 2.2Ω, 2.5Ω...which is the most versatile to use on the MVP2?

1.8 - 2.0 - 2.2

Busardo showed MVP runs best @ 2.0Ω

and I like mine right in that area (seems best to me)

I build my coils and they mostly come out 2.14Ω (almost every time) :ohmy:

(5 wraps/32ga around a toothpick)

- - -

>oops : to answer your question
of the group you posted I like 2.2Ω

Last edited:

good to know. i got nervous for a second. i didnt have the best of luck with my 1st one from 101vape but the more research i do the more i find its either user error or just the laws of probability. this one is trucking right along. 392 on the factory charge and just reached 3.8.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
good to know. i got nervous for a second. i didnt have the best of luck with my 1st one from 101vape
but the more research i do the more i find its either user error or just the laws of probability.
this one is trucking right along. 392 on the factory charge and just reached 3.8.

great, good to hear ;)

sure would like to see a picture of that-there-new branded MVP :D

( hint, hint, nudge, nudge )

:)

great, good to hear ;)

sure would like to see a picture of that-there-new branded MVP :D

( hint, hint, nudge, nudge )

:)

and here it is!
14 - 1.jpg

jandry

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
Oh man, keeping my fingers crossed but so far so good.

Got the isolators today in the mail. At first I was bummed- closer examination in the airhole of the russian shows that the airhole in the center pin CANT line up with the external airhole- it goes "deeper" into the base than the airflow hole is. I figured I was set for further futility with it.

Rolled a big fat 30 gauge 9 wrap 1.9 ohm coil on a 16 gauge luer blunt needle and wicked it. This is a little bigger than the 1/16th drillbit Ive used to make coils before (placing a 1/16th drill bit in the coil I can wiggle it a bit). Made sure my coil was 1.5mm above the center pin hole. Then I noticed something- the airhole on the drip tip of the Russian is pretty small- much smaller than the airhole on my Protank 2. I got to thinking: the amount of pressure inside the chimney is directly proportionate to the air that can flow through the drip tip. I popped the Protank 2 drip tip on the Russian, burped it just to be safe and let it set a few minutes.

It will take me a while to vape through the 2ml I put in the tank, but so far the hits dont seem to be getting any weaker. I got a little fuzzy from the nic after just a few hits, and thats with 12mg juice! I cant get any air bubbles to rise, but I did notice something- if I stand in front of a mirror and suck on the drip tip (without impeding the airflow at the base), I can visibly see the juice go lower in the sight glass. It would seem to me thats only possible if its properly feeding to the base of the wick.

The Protank's drip tip doesnt fit very well in the Russian (a bit loose), so if the Russian continues to wick properly, Ill pick up a new drip tip at my B&M when I go to get 100ml of my favorite juice. Said id keep you guys informed- ill let you know if I get dry hits or if it vapes well to empty. Thanks for all the help with it :D

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Oh man, keeping my fingers crossed but so far so good.

Got the isolators today in the mail. At first I was bummed- closer examination in the airhole of the russian shows that the airhole in the center pin CANT line up with the external airhole- it goes "deeper" into the base than the airflow hole is. I figured I was set for further futility with it.

Rolled a big fat 30 gauge 9 wrap 1.9 ohm coil on a 16 gauge luer blunt needle and wicked it. This is a little bigger than the 1/16th drillbit Ive used to make coils before (placing a 1/16th drill bit in the coil I can wiggle it a bit). Made sure my coil was 1.5mm above the center pin hole. Then I noticed something- the airhole on the drip tip of the Russian is pretty small- much smaller than the airhole on my Protank 2. I got to thinking: the amount of pressure inside the chimney is directly proportionate to the air that can flow through the drip tip. I popped the Protank 2 drip tip on the Russian, burped it just to be safe and let it set a few minutes.

It will take me a while to vape through the 2ml I put in the tank, but so far the hits dont seem to be getting any weaker. I got a little fuzzy from the nic after just a few hits, and thats with 12mg juice! I cant get any air bubbles to rise, but I did notice something- if I stand in front of a mirror and suck on the drip tip (without impeding the airflow at the base), I can visibly see the juice go lower in the sight glass. It would seem to me thats only possible if its properly feeding to the base of the wick.

The Protank's drip tip doesnt fit very well in the Russian (a bit loose), so if the Russian continues to wick properly, Ill pick up a new drip tip at my B&M when I go to get 100ml of my favorite juice. Said id keep you guys informed- ill let you know if I get dry hits or if it vapes well to empty. Thanks for all the help with it :D

well that's cool

just keep vaping it for awhile, it needs broke in now :D

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
Donesmokin - hope you're doing o.k. Haven't seen you out here recently......

Anyone heard anything from him?

Sorry to keep scaring you guys :laugh:! Had a doctors appointment in the big city Wednesday and the folk's anniversary yesterday. Something shifted in the ol' back yesterday. My backbone and left shoulder aren't KILLING me anymore so that's a very good thing! Great bunch of people here on the thread. It's the first, and sometimes only, place I go when I login. Thanks for checking up on me Dinger!

Anyone ever had a freak "really good coil" totally by accident? I rolled a 30 guage 6 wrap coil that ended up around 1.4ohms and didnt look any different than usual (maybe worse). I did the wick as usual (cotton). 1.4ohms means that approx 8.5watts to 9 watts is at the minimum of the MVPs voltage range, but thats where I vape usually anyways.

I swear this thing has been hitting like a train for 1.5 tanks now and I dont understand what Ive done different. Usually my cotton wicks are great through almost a full tank then start getting weak. Not this one??

BTW, who was the guy willing to send samples of rayon? Id like to try some before buying 500ft and realizing I dont like it..

**EDIT** That guy can PM me if he wants and ill get the relevant paypal info for shipping and cost

It's a free sample so PM your shipping info and I'll get some in the mail to you jandry.

I kept putting less and less rayon in the Kayfun/Russian builds because of dry hits until finally today, FLOODING! I had some builds that don't wick when the tank is full but do fine when they get down to half a tank. I like the airflow wide open so adjusting it to help with wicking isn't an option AFAIC. So ya draw hard w/o pushing the button to get juice to the coil, what a pain. I don't mind messing with stuff if it's getting me somewhere but this is starting to PEE ME OFF! I opened it back up which is a PITA as some of you have pointed out. I could see one juice hole plainly and the other looked suspect. Added very wispy bits of rayon over both juice channels and seem to a have hit a sweet spot, finally, for now, I hope.

My fall back is the Nautilus tanks with BVC's but rebuilding them looks like it maybe an impossible dream after watching puf's link. I used carto tanks for a long time but ain't no rebuilding going on there. So I'll say it again: If you can figure out how the put an adjustable moisture sensor controlled micro pump in a topper, the vaping world would beat a path to your door!

jandry

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
Sorry to keep scaring you guys :laugh:! Had a doctors appointment in the big city Wednesday and the folk's anniversary yesterday. Something shifted in the ol' back yesterday. My backbone and left shoulder aren't KILLING me anymore so that's a very good thing! Great bunch of people here on the thread. It's the first, and sometimes only, place I go when I login. Thanks for checking up on me Dinger!

It's a free sample so PM your shipping info and I'll get some in the mail to you jandry.

I kept putting less and less rayon in the Kayfun/Russian builds because of dry hits until finally today, FLOODING! I had some builds that don't wick when the tank is full but do fine when they get down to half a tank. I like the airflow wide open so adjusting it to help with wicking isn't an option AFAIC. So ya draw hard w/o pushing the button to get juice to the coil, what a pain. I don't mind messing with stuff if it's getting me somewhere but this is starting to PEE ME OFF! I opened it back up which is a PITA as some of you have pointed out. I could see one juice hole plainly and the other looked suspect. Added very wispy bits of rayon over both juice channels and seem to a have hit a sweet spot, finally, for now, I hope.

My fall back is the Nautilus tanks with BVC's but rebuilding them looks like it maybe an impossible dream after watching puf's link. I used carto tanks for a long time but ain't no rebuilding going on there. So I'll say it again: If you can figure out how the put an adjustable moisture sensor controlled micro pump in a topper, the vaping world would beat a path to your door!
Good to hear from you and see youre still kicking! I dont know much about the recovery from such a surgery, but I can imagine its hell and exhausting.

I hear you with the builds. Not looking forward to getting the rayon right, especially now since I have the cotton right :p The Russian is definitely more of a pain to take apart, specifically because of the juice that sticks to the chimney/inner tank. Its not too bad when its empty, but changing configs with half a tank really sucks- the Protank 2 I have is worlds easier and less messy.

That said, im inclined to try rayon and if I like it, get a good setup in the Russian. Since rayon lasts so much longer and wicks better, running a 30 gauge coil (which will last at least 3 weeks the way I vape), I could have a setup where I dont even have to take it apart for 2 weeks. Just refill and go.. This would put it above my Protank- I need to rewick the coils every 1-2 tanks (every 1-2 days) since there isnt much wick in the first place, and cotton doesnt last. Id be interested to hear about how much youre using as a baseline, but it seems different for everyone anyways.

Ill drop you the PM to my PO box here shortly, and seriously no rush.

**EDIT** FYI for everyone else, the Russian is officially "fixed". Im seeing bubbles rising, no dry hits, and it hits like a train.

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
Good to hear from you and see youre still kicking! I dont know much about the recovery from such a surgery, but I can imagine its hell and exhausting.

I hear you with the builds. Not looking forward to getting the rayon right, especially now since I have the cotton right :p The Russian is definitely more of a pain to take apart, specifically because of the juice that sticks to the chimney/inner tank. Its not too bad when its empty, but changing configs with half a tank really sucks- the Protank 2 I have is worlds easier and less messy.

That said, im inclined to try rayon and if I like it, get a good setup in the Russian. Since rayon lasts so much longer and wicks better, running a 30 gauge coil (which will last at least 3 weeks the way I vape), I could have a setup where I dont even have to take it apart for 2 weeks. Just refill and go.. This would put it above my Protank- I need to rewick the coils every 1-2 tanks (every 1-2 days) since there isnt much wick in the first place, and cotton doesnt last. Id be interested to hear about how much youre using as a baseline, but it seems different for everyone anyways.

Ill drop you the PM to my PO box here shortly, and seriously no rush.

**EDIT** FYI for everyone else, the Russian is officially "fixed". Im seeing bubbles rising, no dry hits, and it hits like a train.

April '13 right hip arthroscopy for labral tear and impingment after hitting a deer on the bike, the surgery failed. December '13 failed angioplasty, heart problems discovered in prep for hip resurfacing. January '14 right hip resurfacing. March '14 second failed angioplasty. July '14 double bypass and valve repair. I am so sick of doctors and hospitals! :laugh: I'm guessing the heart problems may have had something to do with 38 years of smoking 2 PAD.

IMG_20140717_160402893[1].jpg

I had dry hit problems even worst with cotton. This was a mid July rayon build. As I recall this one worked pretty good. Today's build is working much better after adding a little more rayon. Maybe I'm just not cut out for this rebuilding stuff! :unsure: In fairness to myself I have gone from vaping @ 10 watts to 15 so that probably doesn't help with the wicking.

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
April '13 right hip arthroscopy for labral tear and impingment after hitting a deer on the bike, the surgery failed. December '13 failed angioplasty, heart problems discovered in prep for hip resurfacing. January '14 right hip resurfacing. March '14 second failed angioplasty. July '14 double bypass and valve repair. I am so sick of doctors and hospitals! :laugh: I'm guessing the heart problems may have had something to do with 38 years of smoking 2 PAD.

good to see ya back at the forum :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread