The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

iTaste MVP v2 Owners Group

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by KnurledNut, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Susaz

Susaz Vaping Master ECF Veteran

RTA season! Vape away my friend! I'm happy with the 1.6 ohm coils I've been building lately.

2. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Good Morning in here :)

This thread has crossed the 15K post mark, time to close this one and start another.

Do you want me to get you another thread started or do you want to chose someone that's maybe most active to start a new thread ?

If you post a reply or opinion...come to a decision...hit the like button on this post and I'll come read
    :)

Edit...report the post to my attention with the decision - sounds better...

3. PaulBHC

PaulBHC Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    I vote for Capt Shay to start the new thread with info about his repair tips and links to whatever is out there.

4. Capt.shay

Capt.shay Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    It would be my pleasure to start the new thread but I feel that Puff is more active and would be a better monitor for the thread.

If this works for the gang, Puff, PM me and maybe we can time it out so the first few post are things like the my contact issue post or the bit you have about the controls and some of your great links. Maybe even take suggestions from the group as to what info we should put right in the beginning almost like a MVP FAQ.

Any way, that is my suggestion. I'll be back on later this evening.

[​IMG]

5. herb

herb Vaping Master ECF Veteran

You know i was just ball busting right , as you can see i joke around a lot , i meant no disrespect, donesmokin will take care of you.

Although i don't rate it is as trouble free as others , imo the superior taste it provides is worth it .

It's definitely in my rotation.

I can't either , your not the only one.

If you like the form factor and style of the VTR , there is something on the market that looks like it's younger brother , it's all mechanical though.

download.jpg

Your soaking your coil before putting the chimney on right?

HOLY SH_ _ man are you OK:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: , never mind , how can

be considered OK .

Very sorry to hear about it , will keep you in my prayers.

6. herb

Too bad we all don't have MVP III's ( the reason is they aren't out yet i know) but that would be a great time to start a new thread.

I voted for Puff , he is the most active and is the gangs leader imo , what he says goes, period. No offense Capt, maybe you both can start it , Puff with the opening and you in the same post showing issues and fixes.

After that , the expendable people like myself (and proud of it by the way) can chime in.

7. jandry

jandry Senior Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Austin, TX, USA
    I know we're past 15000 posts and waiting on Puf to accept new thread honors, but I just want to say- yeah man, I totally got that it was just joking around :) Sort of embarrassed I didnt remember honestly, so that was why I responded as such :D

Absolutely on soaking the coil. I first wind one and install. Then I light it up on the base and ensure it glows balanced (and compress if using a spaced coil). I then feed the wick through (cotton for now), and then soak the wick with my juice. I do this by using a luer blunt needle to soak the top of the wick, underneath, and the ends (for capillary soaking). I then drop a few drops directly on the coil. After I put it together, I flood the atty until Ive got some juice in the airflow circuit and blow it out. Then I let it sit about 15 minutes, give a few dry pulls to be absolutely sure, and then vape at 8 watts for a few hits until the cotton taste is gone. Then up to 9.5 watts, and its good until next wick change. Does this sound about right? Im having to learn all this as I go, and its my first experience with a kayfun/russian so I figure I should ask.

You might wait until the new thread opens up to answer this, or perhaps Ill quote you and paste this response there when it shows up.

8. clnire

clnire Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    I like Capt's idea if Puff is willing. Get the basic stuff we have learned about our wonderful vaping device right at the front. Easier to refer people to the facts and fixes.

9. herb

While i do joke around a lot, i also have no patience so i'm answering now lol, Your technical jargon confuses me sometimes but i'll learn , how do you fill it is what i want to know .

There are two ways , by the top (at least on my version ) or the fill hole . I always use the fill hole and i don't think i flood anything but if your referring flood to filling with juice i understand .

It just seems like your doing way too much work to get the thing to work thats all.

Putting in issues and fixes on the first post may discourage some from wanting to buy it , just a thought , it's a catch 22.

10. a wandering soul

a wandering soul Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2014
    North Carolina
    Can we put a link to the new one as the lay post in this one?

Via a possessed phone thats autocorrect is just silly

11. jandry

jandry Senior Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Austin, TX, USA
    Yeah sorry- I try to be very precise to be clear, and all I end up doing is making what I write hard to understand :p Also, im impatient as well, so heres another response :D

I fill via the fill hole. As I understand it, its fairly necessary to do this with thinner juices anyways so you dont flood the chimney. Yeah, im prolly working too hard at it, but hey it works now so its a start :D Im not the only one whos had wicking issues- I think the kayfun/russian is one of those things where you need to get a setup that works for you. I will aim to simplify the process now since I have a good baseline that I know works.

Appreciate the advice and on standby for the new thread...

12. pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    a new thread;
    that’s fine, not a big deal just a carry over from this thread
    if I start one it would just be a very simple-qwik- Welcome Page
    describing the continuance of this fine thread…

then the following posts (2-15,000) would fall as they come…

if somebody has better ideas, please start “the” new thread :D

yeah, we can ask Classy if we can put (or her) a link at the end of this thread
    pointing to new one as this is closed…

:)

13. Midniteoyl

Midniteoyl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2014
    Indiana
    Here's praying for things to finally go right from here on out...:toast: Sucks having so many dang things go wrong.. :(

14. clnire

clnire Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    Any other thread I am on that has rolled over has a link to the new thread at the end and a link to the old thread in the first post.

Herb has a point about posting all the fixes on the first few posts... didn't think about that. Thanks for pointing that out herb!

15. pufZeppelin

Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
  16. pufZeppelin

Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    OK classwife, guess you can do what needs to be done

thanx for holding on till new thread got underway... :blush:

17. ry4love

ry4love Senior Member Verified Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Memphis,TN,USA
    Hey guys, this is the first thread I ever followed and will still follow as it's renewed, as my MVP is ever in my hand.

Donesmokin, thanks for the rayon, I'm finally getting the hang of it in my dripper. And I hope you are recovering well.

All the rest of yall, I see you all over the forum and comment when I can, but you all are still my first ECF family and I appreciate all your help and presence.

Kay

18. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.