iTaste MVP v2 Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oh man, keeping my fingers crossed but so far so good.

Got the isolators today in the mail. At first I was bummed- closer examination in the airhole of the russian shows that the airhole in the center pin CANT line up with the external airhole- it goes "deeper" into the base than the airflow hole is. I figured I was set for further futility with it.

Rolled a big fat 30 gauge 9 wrap 1.9 ohm coil on a 16 gauge luer blunt needle and wicked it. This is a little bigger than the 1/16th drillbit Ive used to make coils before (placing a 1/16th drill bit in the coil I can wiggle it a bit). Made sure my coil was 1.5mm above the center pin hole. Then I noticed something- the airhole on the drip tip of the Russian is pretty small- much smaller than the airhole on my Protank 2. I got to thinking: the amount of pressure inside the chimney is directly proportionate to the air that can flow through the drip tip. I popped the Protank 2 drip tip on the Russian, burped it just to be safe and let it set a few minutes.

It will take me a while to vape through the 2ml I put in the tank, but so far the hits dont seem to be getting any weaker. I got a little fuzzy from the nic after just a few hits, and thats with 12mg juice! I cant get any air bubbles to rise, but I did notice something- if I stand in front of a mirror and suck on the drip tip (without impeding the airflow at the base), I can visibly see the juice go lower in the sight glass. It would seem to me thats only possible if its properly feeding to the base of the wick.

The Protank's drip tip doesnt fit very well in the Russian (a bit loose), so if the Russian continues to wick properly, Ill pick up a new drip tip at my B&M when I go to get 100ml of my favorite juice. Said id keep you guys informed- ill let you know if I get dry hits or if it vapes well to empty. Thanks for all the help with it :D

RTA season! Vape away my friend! I'm happy with the 1.6 ohm coils I've been building lately.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Good Morning in here :)

This thread has crossed the 15K post mark, time to close this one and start another.

Do you want me to get you another thread started or do you want to chose someone that's maybe most active to start a new thread ?

If you post a reply or opinion...come to a decision...hit the like button on this post and I'll come read
:)

Edit...report the post to my attention with the decision - sounds better...

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
It would be my pleasure to start the new thread but I feel that Puff is more active and would be a better monitor for the thread.

If this works for the gang, Puff, PM me and maybe we can time it out so the first few post are things like the my contact issue post or the bit you have about the controls and some of your great links. Maybe even take suggestions from the group as to what info we should put right in the beginning almost like a MVP FAQ.

Any way, that is my suggestion. I'll be back on later this evening.

costumed-smiley-058.gif

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
So many posts come rolling on here, its hard to keep track of who says what- especially when many of us are talking about the same things.

Anyways, forget the rayon sample- I havent seen him on here in awhile and considering his surgery.. uh well I hope all is well there. I mean recovery is hard business im sure and he has a life, but hopefully thats all thats keeping him from posting here

You know i was just ball busting right , as you can see i joke around a lot , i meant no disrespect, donesmokin will take care of you.

Forgot to update you guys. MVP finally got here yesterday! I was too excited to try it so I just threw on the iclear 30, despite everyone's hate for it. WOW, is all I can say. And it's supposed to be BETTER with something else on top????

Although i don't rate it is as trouble free as others , imo the superior taste it provides is worth it .

Umm... not everyone. It's my go to tank. Rarely use anything else. And yeah, I've tried smok, kanger, russian, KF and a ton of other combo's.
The way I figger it, a company that's selling a product that needs a second product (tank) to work is NOT going to pair it with an inferior product. Just doesn't make sense. BUT it does take time to get used to it. For me, many pro's outweigh the cons. YMMV, but thatz my opinion n' I'm stuk wid it. :)

It's definitely in my rotation.

For those curious, I've used the 1.8 and 1.6 BVC heads in my Nautilus tanks (full and mini) on the MVP. I can't really tell a huge difference.

1.6 @ 11W = ~4.2V
1.8 @ 11W = ~4.4V

I can't either , your not the only one.

I want a VTR with a dna 30 in it.

If you like the form factor and style of the VTR , there is something on the market that looks like it's younger brother , it's all mechanical though.

download.jpg

Oh man, keeping my fingers crossed but so far so good.

Got the isolators today in the mail. At first I was bummed- closer examination in the airhole of the russian shows that the airhole in the center pin CANT line up with the external airhole- it goes "deeper" into the base than the airflow hole is. I figured I was set for further futility with it.

Rolled a big fat 30 gauge 9 wrap 1.9 ohm coil on a 16 gauge luer blunt needle and wicked it. This is a little bigger than the 1/16th drillbit Ive used to make coils before (placing a 1/16th drill bit in the coil I can wiggle it a bit). Made sure my coil was 1.5mm above the center pin hole. Then I noticed something- the airhole on the drip tip of the Russian is pretty small- much smaller than the airhole on my Protank 2. I got to thinking: the amount of pressure inside the chimney is directly proportionate to the air that can flow through the drip tip. I popped the Protank 2 drip tip on the Russian, burped it just to be safe and let it set a few minutes.

It will take me a while to vape through the 2ml I put in the tank, but so far the hits dont seem to be getting any weaker. I got a little fuzzy from the nic after just a few hits, and thats with 12mg juice! I cant get any air bubbles to rise, but I did notice something- if I stand in front of a mirror and suck on the drip tip (without impeding the airflow at the base), I can visibly see the juice go lower in the sight glass. It would seem to me thats only possible if its properly feeding to the base of the wick.

The Protank's drip tip doesnt fit very well in the Russian (a bit loose), so if the Russian continues to wick properly, Ill pick up a new drip tip at my B&M when I go to get 100ml of my favorite juice. Said id keep you guys informed- ill let you know if I get dry hits or if it vapes well to empty. Thanks for all the help with it :D

Your soaking your coil before putting the chimney on right?

April '13 right hip arthroscopy for labral tear and impingment after hitting a deer on the bike, the surgery failed. December '13 failed angioplasty, heart problems discovered in prep for hip resurfacing. January '14 right hip resurfacing. March '14 second failed angioplasty. July '14 double bypass and valve repair. I am so sick of doctors and hospitals! :laugh: I'm guessing the heart problems may have had something to do with 38 years of smoking 2 PAD.

View attachment 367399

I had dry hit problems even worst with cotton. This was a mid July rayon build. As I recall this one worked pretty good. Today's build is working much better after adding a little more rayon. Maybe I'm just not cut out for this rebuilding stuff! :unsure: In fairness to myself I have gone from vaping @ 10 watts to 15 so that probably doesn't help with the wicking.

HOLY SH_ _ man are you OK:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: , never mind , how can

hip arthroscopy for labral tear and impingment, surgery failed , failed angioplasty, heart problems , double bypass and valve repair ,
be considered OK .

Very sorry to hear about it , will keep you in my prayers.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Too bad we all don't have MVP III's ( the reason is they aren't out yet i know) but that would be a great time to start a new thread.

I voted for Puff , he is the most active and is the gangs leader imo , what he says goes, period. No offense Capt, maybe you both can start it , Puff with the opening and you in the same post showing issues and fixes.

After that , the expendable people like myself (and proud of it by the way) can chime in.

Last edited:

jandry

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
You know i was just ball busting right , as you can see i joke around a lot , i meant no disrespect, donesmokin will take care of you.

Your soaking your coil before putting the chimney on right?
I know we're past 15000 posts and waiting on Puf to accept new thread honors, but I just want to say- yeah man, I totally got that it was just joking around :) Sort of embarrassed I didnt remember honestly, so that was why I responded as such :D

Absolutely on soaking the coil. I first wind one and install. Then I light it up on the base and ensure it glows balanced (and compress if using a spaced coil). I then feed the wick through (cotton for now), and then soak the wick with my juice. I do this by using a luer blunt needle to soak the top of the wick, underneath, and the ends (for capillary soaking). I then drop a few drops directly on the coil. After I put it together, I flood the atty until Ive got some juice in the airflow circuit and blow it out. Then I let it sit about 15 minutes, give a few dry pulls to be absolutely sure, and then vape at 8 watts for a few hits until the cotton taste is gone. Then up to 9.5 watts, and its good until next wick change. Does this sound about right? Im having to learn all this as I go, and its my first experience with a kayfun/russian so I figure I should ask.

You might wait until the new thread opens up to answer this, or perhaps Ill quote you and paste this response there when it shows up.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I know we're past 15000 posts and waiting on Puf to accept new thread honors, but I just want to say- yeah man, I totally got that it was just joking around :) Sort of embarrassed I didnt remember honestly, so that was why I responded as such :D

Absolutely on soaking the coil. I first wind one and install. Then I light it up on the base and ensure it glows balanced (and compress if using a spaced coil). I then feed the wick through (cotton for now), and then soak the wick with my juice. I do this by using a luer blunt needle to soak the top of the wick, underneath, and the ends (for capillary soaking). I then drop a few drops directly on the coil. After I put it together, I flood the atty until Ive got some juice in the airflow circuit and blow it out. Then I let it sit about 15 minutes, give a few dry pulls to be absolutely sure, and then vape at 8 watts for a few hits until the cotton taste is gone. Then up to 9.5 watts, and its good until next wick change. Does this sound about right? Im having to learn all this as I go, and its my first experience with a kayfun/russian so I figure I should ask.

You might wait until the new thread opens up to answer this, or perhaps Ill quote you and paste this response there when it shows up.

While i do joke around a lot, i also have no patience so i'm answering now lol, Your technical jargon confuses me sometimes but i'll learn , how do you fill it is what i want to know .

There are two ways , by the top (at least on my version ) or the fill hole . I always use the fill hole and i don't think i flood anything but if your referring flood to filling with juice i understand .

It just seems like your doing way too much work to get the thing to work thats all.

I like Capt's idea if Puff is willing. Get the basic stuff we have learned about our wonderful vaping device right at the front. Easier to refer people to the facts and fixes.

Putting in issues and fixes on the first post may discourage some from wanting to buy it , just a thought , it's a catch 22.

jandry

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
While i do joke around a lot, i also have no patience so i'm answering now lol, Your technical jargon confuses me sometimes but i'll learn , how do you fill it is what i want to know .

There are two ways , by the top (at least on my version ) or the fill hole . I always use the fill hole and i don't think i flood anything but if your referring flood to filling with juice i understand .

It just seems like your doing way too much work to get the thing to work thats all.

Putting in issues and fixes on the first post may discourage some from wanting to buy it , just a thought , it's a catch 22.
Yeah sorry- I try to be very precise to be clear, and all I end up doing is making what I write hard to understand :p Also, im impatient as well, so heres another response :D

I fill via the fill hole. As I understand it, its fairly necessary to do this with thinner juices anyways so you dont flood the chimney. Yeah, im prolly working too hard at it, but hey it works now so its a start :D Im not the only one whos had wicking issues- I think the kayfun/russian is one of those things where you need to get a setup that works for you. I will aim to simplify the process now since I have a good baseline that I know works.

Appreciate the advice and on standby for the new thread...

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
a new thread;
that’s fine, not a big deal just a carry over from this thread
if I start one it would just be a very simple-qwik- Welcome Page
describing the continuance of this fine thread…

then the following posts (2-15,000) would fall as they come…

if somebody has better ideas, please start “the” new thread :D

yeah, we can ask Classy if we can put (or her) a link at the end of this thread
pointing to new one as this is closed…

:)

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
April '13 right hip arthroscopy for labral tear and impingment after hitting a deer on the bike, the surgery failed. December '13 failed angioplasty, heart problems discovered in prep for hip resurfacing. January '14 right hip resurfacing. March '14 second failed angioplasty. July '14 double bypass and valve repair. I am so sick of doctors and hospitals! :laugh: I'm guessing the heart problems may have had something to do with 38 years of smoking 2 PAD.

Here's praying for things to finally go right from here on out...:toast: Sucks having so many dang things go wrong.. :(

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Good Morning in here :)

This thread has crossed the 15K post mark, time to close this one and start another.
Do you want me to get you another thread started or do you want to chose someone that's maybe most active to start a new thread ?
If you post a reply or opinion...come to a decision...hit the like button on this post and I'll come read :)
Edit...report the post to my attention with the decision - sounds better...

OK classwife, guess you can do what needs to be done

thanx for holding on till new thread got underway... :blush:

ry4love

Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Memphis,TN,USA
Hey guys, this is the first thread I ever followed and will still follow as it's renewed, as my MVP is ever in my hand.

Donesmokin, thanks for the rayon, I'm finally getting the hang of it in my dripper. And I hope you are recovering well.

All the rest of yall, I see you all over the forum and comment when I can, but you all are still my first ECF family and I appreciate all your help and presence.

Kay

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread