• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New JB owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecitek

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Earth
Hi all -

Just got my JuiceBox today (in a trade). So far I am getting pretty good at flooding it! After I clear the atty (as per video) it hits like a Freight Train. Wow!

Some questions:

Do you just give the bottle a quick push or tap?

Do you cut down on the Nic content of your juice when using the JB?

Does thick or thin juice work better?

Any other tips / tricks?

THANKS!

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
Hi, suggest you join a JB group

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/juice-box-fans.html

Lots of drama llama but there are plenty of first hand experiences re flooding and how to get around it, amount of pressure to put on the bottle, etc. Best of luck.

Edit--so this joker (ahem) pm's me saying the OP was already in the JB group.
Welcome to the group! :p

And beware when simply hitting "today's posts" and quickly scanning through the various posts without noting what subforum the post is in.

Last edited:

ecitek

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Earth
I was going to click the link you left, but since it was directing me to where I already was, I was afraid that I might open some space-time wormhole and alter the timeline. And we all know how painful that can be!

But seriously folks...

So - I can't seem to get a decent drag with the bottle ATTACHED. It's either weak or flooded. When I unscrew the bottle, immediately the hits are gigantic and mind-blowing, like what I was hoping for.

As mentioned, this is not a new unit, and it was kinda "gunky" when I got it. So, maybe it needs a cleaning(?). Are there any JB Gurus who might have a solution? I would especially appreciate anyone who is a master in the art of J-Boxing to exchange a few PMs with. You know - someone I can bother constantly with questions that have probably already been answered...

ecitek

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Earth
UPDATE: I cleaned all the gunk out of it, including the inside case. Ran some PGA through the atty and tube. Then took a pin and cleaned the poo out of the little vent on the atty and Voila'!

I believe that it is now functioning properly. Usually a nice big hit, but now learning the touch comes next.

Haven't flooded the atty since cleaning - seems like bottle was not vented properly before cleaning.

UPDATE to the UPDATE:
Success was short-lived. Seems like the bottle is not venting. When I take it off, WHOOSH - HUGE CLOUDS. When I put the bottle back on it is either weak or flooded. When I take a drag I can hear the bottle sucking in air right after. Seems like the vent is too small. I have cleaned it so it is not clogged. Will keep trying.

Either way, it's lots of fun posting and replying to myself.

Last edited:

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
UPDATE: I cleaned all the gunk out of it, including the inside case. Ran some PGA through the atty and tube. Then took a pin and cleaned the poo out of the little vent on the atty and Voila'!

I believe that it is now functioning properly. Usually a nice big hit, but now learning the touch comes next.

Haven't flooded the atty since cleaning - seems like bottle was not vented properly before cleaning.

UPDATE to the UPDATE:
Success was short-lived. Seems like the bottle is not venting. When I take it off, WHOOSH - HUGE CLOUDS. When I put the bottle back on it is either weak or flooded. When I take a drag I can hear the bottle sucking in air right after. Seems like the vent is too small. I have cleaned it so it is not clogged. Will keep trying.

Either way, it's lots of fun posting and replying to myself.

Mine didn't work with the bottle on until it was partially broken in. Just takes time. As far as bottle pushing (when your atty is ready) I get mine nice and warmed up (like chain vape it with a couple 10 sec button pushes) and put it up next to my ear and lightly push the bottle until I hear a little sizzle then LET GO. It will be juiced and ready to go. Any push beyond the sizzle and it will flood. Its a VERY FINE LINE. Also if you are pushing the bottle past the sizzle point you are not going to get vapor due to it flooding. Just a thought. Mine took 10 days of dripping and moderately heavy use before I could vape it with the bottle on. And its still not as good as with the bottle off.....but it gets a lil better every day. It appears it may take up to a month to break in the atty. Even when its juiced make sure to hold down the button for a second or 2 before taking a hit. I like to "High School Bathroom Smoke" it haha

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
A few techniques:

1. Drip til ya drop: Loosen bottle and leave it empty or close to it. Drip in one drop or two of VG in the top of the atty and vape the box vertically. Keep repeating for the next two weeks or so. As the atty seasons through use, carbon will start collecting in the bottom of the bottle-this is a good thing.

2. Puff it like a Pipe: with a little VG in the bottle, vape the unit horizontally with the mouthpiece sticking up like a pipe.

3. Listen to the Sizzle: When the juice starts tasting burnt, hold the box to your ear and hit the button. Squeeze the bottle a tiny amount until you can hear the sizzle change and stop immediately. Vape until you have the burnt flavor, then repeat.

I got my box with the smaller hole and the flooding issue, and it broke. Carlos fixed it and replaced it with his latest atty tweak. The new atty has a larger hole and less flooding, though it seems to have diminished the vape a bit.

Mind you, I'm NOT complaining. The learning curve has been diminished dramatically (especially using the second technique) and the atty is improving the more I use it. And the TH on this is still second to none.

Good luck, and let us know what works for you. If you're having some issues, carlos is fairly decent about responding once you've gotten the box.

BTW OP, I just love your sig box!

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
A few techniques:

1. Drip til ya drop: Loosen bottle and leave it empty or close to it. Drip in one drop or two of VG in the top of the atty and vape the box vertically. Keep repeating for the next two weeks or so. As the atty seasons through use, carbon will start collecting in the bottom of the bottle-this is a good thing.

2. Puff it like a Pipe: with a little VG in the bottle, vape the unit horizontally with the mouthpiece sticking up like a pipe.

3. Listen to the Sizzle: When the juice starts tasting burnt, hold the box to your ear and hit the button. Squeeze the bottle a tiny amount until you can hear the sizzle change and stop immediately. Vape until you have the burnt flavor, then repeat.

I got my box with the smaller hole and the flooding issue, and it broke. Carlos fixed it and replaced it with his latest atty tweak. The new atty has a larger hole and less flooding, though it seems to have diminished the vape a bit.

Mind you, I'm NOT complaining. The learning curve has been diminished dramatically (especially using the second technique) and the atty is improving the more I use it. And the TH on this is still second to none.

Good luck, and let us know what works for you. If you're having some issues, carlos is fairly decent about responding once you've gotten the box.

BTW OP, I just love your sig box!
Do u have a way to contact him? I sent my JB back 5 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing:nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread