Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
It is very similar to a Photobucket interface, but with lots more options and power.
Well it won't install like they say on their site, I just get a blank page. Having my server support look at it and see what the problem is with installing it. It's always something. :facepalm:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida

It is very similar to a Photobucket interface, but with lots more options and power.

Well it won't install like they say on their site, I just get a blank page. Having my server support look at it and see what the problem is with installing it. It's always something. :facepalm:
Well it ends up my server only had PHP 5.3 and it needs 5.5, so they installed 5.6, and the free version is up and running. :D

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Well it ends up my server only had PHP 5.3 and it needs 5.5, so they installed 5.6, and the free version is up and running. :D
I uploaded 1400 images, and sorted them into 29 albums, all in an afternoon. Its a great tool....
Smoked Photobucket, and photobucket be damned!

Last edited:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
i'm glad you got that sorted. i was somewhat distraught to see a red x in place of your report on my rig. pb burned a lot of people, but your stuff was the most important. (although thousands are outraged)
i have many gigs of photos but do not trust the clouds(see what i did?)
That particular Blog is fixed now. Photobucket be damned!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Reactions: Eskie

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Nice find! I tried for it, but seems you can only install the free version if your hosting uses cpanel and mine uses plesk. And you can't download the free version and to a web install.
Bummer.

It does some nice things like post whole albums. or just single pics, with all of the markup codes ready for copying.

One thing I love that Fhutobuckect didnt do, is it lets you move things from one album to another without breaking the links. If you did that in Fhutobucket it broke all existing links.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Fixing the Blogs, one by one, its slow going though.

Nothing I can do about all of the old posts in this or other threads though. They remove the ability to "edit" after a day or two, from the posting date, in normal threads.

Photob(f)ucket really ...... me off on this one!

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
I think they did to a lot of people. Think of how many hundreds of thousands of pics are now broken links.

How about millions. On another forum I am on there is a major restoration effort going on the replace the pics.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Nothing I can do about all of the old posts in this or other threads though. They remove the ability to "edit" after a day or two, from the posting date, in normal threads.

In the interest of maintaining continuity on this thread, especially as it's an active one, I've done a temporary change to allow you to do edits in this thread. Let me know when you're finished so I can change things back to normal.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
In the interest of maintaining continuity on this thread, especially as it's an active one, I've done a temporary change to allow you to do edits in this thread. Let me know when you're finished so I can change things back to normal.
Thank you kind Sir!

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
How are they accomplishing it?

Right click on the Ransom Wheel and open in new window. This takes you to PB. ctrl-F5 to refresh then save as.

Works on an other forum. All images are loaded using IMG codes so don't know if that makes a difference or not.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Right click on the Ransom Wheel and open in new window. This takes you to PB. ctrl-F5 to refresh then save as.

Works on an other forum. All images are loaded using IMG codes so don't know if that makes a difference or not.
I have all my photos, I sucked them all down as soon I leaned of this. I have them all backed up anyway, but Photsucket renamed them and I wanted to preserve those filenames.

Use this PB function and it will save your PB filenames.
upload_2017-7-14_14-6-1.png

The thing I am looking for is an easier way to do search and replace on the forums. So far it is manual edits one post at a time.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The thing I am looking for is an easier way to do search and replace on the forums.

Unfortunately, not possible. You'd need Admin powers to come even close to finding everything you've posted image wise. And even then, you'd need direct database access in order to use a search/replace type function.

You have 520+ images posted on ECF.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Unfortunately, not possible. You'd need Admin powers to come even close to finding everything you've posted image wise. And even then, you'd need direct database access in order to use a search/replace type function.
Yeah, I know, it would be a cool script though. I wonder how those Stamp Collector sites are recovering.

I am up to page 82 in fixing my pics in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread