• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New VIP S.G. Members Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

azlester

Sep 15, 2013
phoenix,az
Hello
I am new to vaping and new to the forum as well.I have been reading and researching a lot for the last couple of weeks. My starter kit should be here in the mail today and am looking forward to getting off analogs(as you call them). Been smoking for over 40 years.
Hope to get my better 1/2 and her mom off analogs too. I am the Guinea pig. lol
I am very happy to see a local group. May show up to one of the westside gatherings. Living in Laveen makes for long drives almost everywhere.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Welcome Zeke! Amazing sometimes what can motivate us to finally really get with quitting (nice new cars usually really work well as a motivator, LOL). Check out all the stickies in our forum and also the vape meet announcement posts. Hope you can make it to one soon!

Feel free to post any questions, reviews, etc. here.

Hellen (aka Vicky)

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hi AzLester! Welcome to you too! Well, I'm a "West Sider" and I getcha about the drive. Our West Side meet isn't too bad of a drive and worth it to hang out, ask questions and get some help if you need it. We're a smaller group, so it isn't so overwhelming like the Central meet can be for someone coming in for their first time.

Just post, or feel free to PM me if I can be of any help to you. Congrats on getting your first kit!

Hey Y'all,

I just stumbled on this sub thread for locals & thought I'd jump in.

After 43 years of analogs and motivated by bypass surgery, I quit! It's been 9 weeks since my last analog and I know I couldn't have done it without vaping. I tried my first ones a couple of years ago but they didn't work to get me off analogs because I hadn't committed to quitting. After surgery and a 12 day hospital stay without smoking (they put me on the patch) I had some time, a boatload of motivation and the gift of an ecig kit called "NO FLAME". When I got home I dug out my 51 Duo kit from the last effort and combined it with the No Smoke kit. After about 3 days of white-knuckling it and putting up with a mild scratch in the throat, I discovered they were working and I no longer wanted to smoke.

After hours of research into the world of e-cigs (which brought me to ECF), I ordered my current setup. 4 days later, I received 2 fixed power knock-off ego batteries, a charger, 4 CE4 Stardust clearos & a bottle of Tobacco flavor (so-called) Top Vapor e-liquid. After 7weeks, 3 of those clearos have bit the dust but I picked up a couple of Evods and a RBA drip setup. I've also tried several juices and found a several real winners.

All that said, my current favorite vape is the eGo topped with an Evod filled with "It Is Vapor" brand "Cafe Mocha" or "Top Vapor" brand "Butterscotch". I hope to upgrade shortly, to genuine eGo C Twist batteries. Eventually, I'd love to also have a Sigelei Zmax and probably a ProTank II.

Meanwhile, I'll join this group and look for opportunities to meet up with other locals and swap stories, juice favs & gear insights.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hi Ed! Welcome to VIP and congrats on your 9 weeks quit!

Sounds like you've gone the same route most of us do. A cig-alike (that doesn't work very well, but let's us know that it can) is how most of us start vaping when we're looking on our own. I can tell you the true eGo products are much better than the knock off products and worth spending the extra money. I have a friend who has been an eGo brand user for 3 years. He loves the twist.

There are loads of people at our meets who would be happy to answer questions, tell you about vendors they've purchased from and talk vaping for hours. I hope to see you there!

Gotahorse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Arizona
Hi everyone. I quit smoking on July 19, so just over two months now. I don't miss smoking at all! I started with an Ego and a Ce4. I found the ECF forum, started reading, started shopping and now use a Sigelei Vmax V3, a Lava Tube (it's so big that I only use it at home) and a MVP. I love my little box! I use my X6 at work so I don't drop or scratch my others. Mostly I use Protanks, but have just this week started trying to drip and eventually look forward to rebuilding coils. I drive a semi truck for a living, have alot of horses and dogs and live out in Buckeye. I smoked for 40 years since I was 15. Geez! I hope to make a meet sometime after I hear what they are like, and am on the FB page. So hi to everyone!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Welcome to the group!

Another West Sider! Yay! We have a small West Side chapter meet up started once a month (around 15-20 people). Of course, there's always the original Central meet up each month. Ranges from 30-55 plus people! Loads of fun, really great people. I hope you can go to one soon.

Watch our forum for the monthly meet announcements and feel free to send me a PM with any questions or post in our forum here.

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Hello
I am new to vaping and new to the forum as well.I have been reading and researching a lot for the last couple of weeks. My starter kit should be here in the mail today and am looking forward to getting off analogs(as you call them). Been smoking for over 40 years.
Hope to get my better 1/2 and her mom off analogs too. I am the Guinea pig. lol
I am very happy to see a local group. May show up to one of the westside gatherings. Living in Laveen makes for long drives almost everywhere.

hmm, long drives, huh? - Hubby and I are out between Wickenburg and Congress, now that's a long drive! haha - hope to see you at a local meet-up - I hear there are fun prizes and great folks!
(sorry to have missed the Aug. meet - just too far to drive while we were up in Flagstaff for couple months) - so the hubby said...
NancyB

CactusGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
A good evening to all my fellow vaping Arizonans! I found this group by complete coincidence and could not be happier about it! I walked into Sun Up Brewery today for the first time to get some lunch. Upon sitting down the waitress said, "I think you're in the wrong place, everyone else is on the other side." When I asked what she meant she said my e-cig friends were all over there. Confused and curious I waked over. I cautiously opened the door and was ecstatic to see a room full of fellow vapors! Not only that, I discovered numerous local vendors, great folks, and a pretty awesome raffle.
After 19 years of heavy smoking, I marked six months free this past Friday! Patches, pills, gum, cold turkey and even some early mall kiosk "e-cigs" all failed to do the trick. Then one more my then two year old daughter caught me smoking and said (as clear and concise as anything she had said at that point in life) "daddy, I thought smoking was bad?" That afternoon I headed into Vapor Vortex and skeptically got my first Ego-C starter kit. Not only have I been smoke free since, I have definitely found my new favorite hobby! However, I still don't have a single friend who's jumped on the vapor train, so unfortunately most my joy comes alone or hanging out at the shops. Which is why I was so excited to stumble upon this group today. Met some great folks, had a great time, and am currently going to town on one of the many delicious juices I walked out with today! Thanks for the warm welcome; I'm looking forward to attending many more meet-ups and vape on!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Peter, I'm so glad you found us! It was great to meet you at Sun Up!

Welcome to the VIP forum and congrats on your 6 months of quit!! Vapor Vortex is a great vendor. Sounds like you've got exactly the right equipment running.

We're looking forward to seeing more posts from you and seeing you at the next meet!

Zanderb213

Feb 26, 2013
Arizona
Hey all Alex here. I went to the west side VIP meet 2 weeks ago and had a blast. I dragged my wife, Amanda, and my buddy Lee along. I have want to thank everyone for their warm welcomes. Lee is a newbie vaper and everyone was really helpful, he walked out of there with a big grin and a ton of juice and new toys to tinker with donated by others there. Can't wait for this upcoming weekend for the east side meet (my side of town). Thanks again!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Thanks Alex! It was really great to meet you, your wife Amanda and your buddy Lee! It was pretty low key with Vapefest and ECC going on and so many of our members there, but we still all had a great time together!

Hope to see you all out West again (though we do understand it's a long drive... but SO worth coming out!). The next meet should be rockin!

A good evening to all my fellow vaping Arizonans! I found this group by complete coincidence and could not be happier about it! I walked into Sun Up Brewery today for the first time to get some lunch. Upon sitting down the waitress said, "I think you're in the wrong place, everyone else is on the other side." When I asked what she meant she said my e-cig friends were all over there. Confused and curious I waked over. I cautiously opened the door and was ecstatic to see a room full of fellow vapors! Not only that, I discovered numerous local vendors, great folks, and a pretty awesome raffle.
After 19 years of heavy smoking, I marked six months free this past Friday! Patches, pills, gum, cold turkey and even some early mall kiosk "e-cigs" all failed to do the trick. Then one more my then two year old daughter caught me smoking and said (as clear and concise as anything she had said at that point in life) "daddy, I thought smoking was bad?" That afternoon I headed into Vapor Vortex and skeptically got my first Ego-C starter kit. Not only have I been smoke free since, I have definitely found my new favorite hobby! However, I still don't have a single friend who's jumped on the vapor train, so unfortunately most my joy comes alone or hanging out at the shops. Which is why I was so excited to stumble upon this group today. Met some great folks, had a great time, and am currently going to town on one of the many delicious juices I walked out with today! Thanks for the warm welcome; I'm looking forward to attending many more meet-ups and vape on!

Congrats CactusGuy on 6 months. It sounds like a missed a cool meet-up. I'm really looking forward to one on the east side (I'm in east Mesa). Any info on something coming up over here???

I'm at 13 weeks without analogs and MAN am I feeling better. I'm sure the pump overhaul has something to do with that. I'll be watching for any info on an east valley meet-up. Thanks.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
East Valley is coming up next weekend! Barry hasn't been posting the meet events (dunno why) and I don't make it out there ever (I live at 137th Ave/Greenway!). Here's the basic info:
East Valley Meet
October 6, 2013
1:00 pm
Crabby Don's Bar & Grill
SE corner Baseline & Val Vista

By the way, you can keep up on the whole schedule of meets through the end of the year here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...231-2013-vip-all-areas-meeting-schedules.html Mark your calendar!

Last edited:

thefallofray

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
Mesa, AZ, USA
Hey everyone! Just stopping in to say "Hi" and to introduce myself a bit.

My name is Ray, and I'm an East Valley vaper. I'm fairly new to vaping and the ECF community. I started vaping about a month ago on an ego with a Protank handed down to me from a friend. I'm now using his Vamo and about to order my own iTaste MVP. Couldn't be more excited. I didn't quit smoking analogs right away but have been doing very well lately. I work in telemarketing (yuck, I know). But it helps pay the vape bills. I'm just really interested in becoming more active in the Phoenix vape community and am very glad to see so many active members. I thought most of the people around here either didn't vape, or just used smoke shop knock-off egos. But I'm so glad to see such a huge community just here!

Look forward to seeing you at some of the meets and some of the great shops popping up around the area. Happy vaping all!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hi Ray! Welcome to VIP!

Arizona vapers... we're everywhere now! LOL There's a large community of vapers in the East Valley. Meets happen out there at least once a month.

If you're on Facebook, come join us on our group there as well. www.vapinginphoenix.com (redirects you to our facebook group).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread