The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New VIP S.G. Members Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'VIP - Vaping in Phoenix' started by Hellen A. Handbasket, Aug 19, 2009.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NancyB

NancyB Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2013
    AZ/USA
    Thanks Dave - still looking for any DATES for either meet :)

On the flavors dwindling down to nothing as time goes by - I just received a 'trade' from another and MOST of the 14 little bottles taste the same to me - one, Butter Rum, has some flavor but the others are welllll.... just pleasantly similar to their neighbors - ???

What do you refer to when you say "LA" - (duh!, as light goes on here, perhaps LorAnne Flavorings?) I had 1st thought, Los Angeles, lost art, Louisiana, lol

Are there brand type flavorings that 'last' and have good smell/taste ? ones to stay away from cuz they don't do either?
    (other than a Cool Mint Menthol Tobacco that overpowers EVERYTHING it touches with COOL, including the bottles when ya want to reuse them!)

2. NancyB

Jan 18, 2013
    AZ/USA
    I know from MY experience that 1/4 of the mix being a flavor is too much for me - and I've seen on other sites where 15%-20% is what they suggest. I have overdone it so many times that I now start LOW and add to the point I like it (grin) also in SMALL batches 5ml or less for trying it out. ie, 25% or 1/4 of the whole mix being a flavor is way too high for me......20% or 1/5 of the mix is still 'up there' in my book.... I'm finding for an all day vape with NO unpleasant things going on that 15% is just 'nice'... hope that helps! just an opinion. I'm looking to learn what percentages of what Vapers Choice uses to make their Kentucky Menthol Tobacco juice (all VG) - I've had it plug up my clearos wicks quick like and want to thin it out some with PG but don't want to dilute the flavor any - my magic wand hasn't accomplished that feat yet!

"Here is how to figure out how to mix solutions, by using a DIY E-Liquid Mixing Calculator.
    Go to: http://www.ecigvape.com/#anc_calcs and use the calculators at the bottom of the page."

3. SpinDr480

SpinDr480 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just wanted to introduce myself...been vaping for one week after smoking a pack in a half for last 15 years. i love it and already been to 4 stores and this forum has made my experience so much better.

4. Maxedout

Maxedout ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Arizona
    HI SpinDr! Congrats on your one week stinky free!
    I've been off the stinkies for about one and a half years now, smoked for 32+ years.
    Vaping has saved my life!

5. Maxedout

Maxedout ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Arizona
    Yeah, I've had flavors that are just right at 25% and some that are just to strong at 10%.

6. Hellen A. Handbasket

Hellen A. Handbasket Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

7. NancyB

Jan 18, 2013
    AZ/USA
    Now THAT statement of yours is quite an eye-opener for me !! Now I know I'm always going to start 'low' and add in small bits :) THanks!!

8. WerewolfalThor

WerewolfalThor Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2013
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    Welcome! I've been going for about a week as well and am so glad I found this forum and this thread. Where are you from?

9. WerewolfalThor

Jun 5, 2013
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    Welcome! I've been going for about a week as well and am so glad I found this forum and this thread. Where are you from?

10. ArmyByrd

ArmyByrd Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2012
    Phx, Arizona
    Hello! I'm vaping Mad Murdock's Maha Rab in my Orion v3 Hybrid @ 10 watts (.9 ohm coil)

11. Kenny Young

Kenny Young Senior Member Verified Member

May 15, 2013
    Phoenix AZ, USA
    Hi! Kenny here, I'm in Central Phoenix and have been vaping for three weeks. It's awesome, I'm totally getting into it and look forward to this new hobby. I'm off the analogs for 9 days now, from a PAD habit for 20+ years.

12. Hellen A. Handbasket

Hey, I know you! *wink*

Thanks for popping in Kenny. See ya next month at the meet!

13. LinkSync

LinkSync Full Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ., USA
    Hi folks,
    I've been vaping since last Xmas as that is when I discovered a rebuildable rig that actually satisfied me right out of the box.
    It was a eGo 650 with a CE5/T2 Tank I was gifted that had been purchased at Zikwids up on Bell in the west valley.
    Tried some different flavors and then discovered Xtreme further west on Cactus which had better prices and to me better vape juices too.
    THEN I discovered mtbakervapor.com and got some flavors from them at much cheaper prices even and with excellent fast delivery etc.
    The thing is they MIX TO ORDER so I learned about steeping which helps a lot and I accidently learned that Amaretto EATS Plastic T2 Tanks.

So now I test all juice on old CDs (the burnable side) as they are also polycarbonate and will melt or discolor with solvents that eat it.
    I also learned about DIYing my own juice so I am now doing just that for a WAY cheaper price even than buying any premixed flavor from anybody.
    I just got my Pro-Tanks (glass) and have figured them out but still prefer the T2 to them as they are more of a pain to use and make work and so on.

I am 56, very married, a manufacturing engineer/programmer and had smoked 2 packs a day since I was a kid, so my kids did/do too.
    The two that "still" smoke both now live in Washington because they like smoking pot and being cool and are now both Vaping up a storm too.

So I am happy Hellen hollered at me and happy to find others in "the hood".

14. Aubie80

Aubie80 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Welcome to the V.I.P. LinkSync. Very friendly bunch of vapers here, all willing to help out one in need.

15. Josh Pierce

Josh Pierce Full Member Verified Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Avondale,Az
    Welcome! This group is great and plenty of help if the need ever arises.

16. Hellen A. Handbasket

Glad you came in and joined.

The ProTanks have some little tweeks that can be used to make them better. One is a rebuild. The other is using an air flow restrictor on them (I just got 2 last night). They're available at GotVapes for about $3.50 and LESS at StormysVaporCellar.com for $2.99 (check for coupons to make them less). Love the PT with this addition.

Flavors eating plastic is old news for vapers. Not much different (I think) than acidic foods eating away tooth enamel or causing stomach issues? Everything used for liquids is FDA approved (that makes ya feel warm, fuzzy and safe, huh?). So you have to make up your own mind on what you're willing to use. Personally, I'd rather forego any plastic and just use glass for tanks or drip into an atomizer. I quit using cartridges for mine a long time ago.

And oh hey... come on over and join us on the Facebook group page too. We're a bit more chatty there. :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoenix.vapors/

Dave also has us on Reddit. I can't figure the forum out yet... *doh* so ask him if you have questions, he's the Reddit expert and really knows his way around there. You can find it here: http://www.reddit.com/r/vapinginphoenix/

17. WerewolfalThor

Jun 5, 2013
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    I think I requested to be assessed to the VIP Facebook group. Just waiting for the request to be approved.

18. Hellen A. Handbasket

Are ya in? I added someone yesterday (Ammon?)

19. WerewolfalThor

Jun 5, 2013
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    Yes that was me. I'm in. Thanks!

20. Hellen A. Handbasket

You are officially member no. 299! LOL We're waiting to hit the big 300! Woot!