• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New VIP S.G. Members Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Thanks Dave - still looking for any DATES for either meet :)

On the flavors dwindling down to nothing as time goes by - I just received a 'trade' from another and MOST of the 14 little bottles taste the same to me - one, Butter Rum, has some flavor but the others are welllll.... just pleasantly similar to their neighbors - ???

What do you refer to when you say "LA" - (duh!, as light goes on here, perhaps LorAnne Flavorings?) I had 1st thought, Los Angeles, lost art, Louisiana, lol

Are there brand type flavorings that 'last' and have good smell/taste ? ones to stay away from cuz they don't do either?
(other than a Cool Mint Menthol tobacco that overpowers EVERYTHING it touches with COOL, including the bottles when ya want to reuse them!)

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Anyone know if there is a place that has a LA flavor % chart?
Some of this juice I made is WAY to strong and was just wanting to take a little guess work out of it.
I know from MY experience that 1/4 of the mix being a flavor is too much for me - and I've seen on other sites where 15%-20% is what they suggest. I have overdone it so many times that I now start LOW and add to the point I like it (grin) also in SMALL batches 5ml or less for trying it out. ie, 25% or 1/4 of the whole mix being a flavor is way too high for me......20% or 1/5 of the mix is still 'up there' in my book.... I'm finding for an all day vape with NO unpleasant things going on that 15% is just 'nice'... hope that helps! just an opinion. I'm looking to learn what percentages of what Vapers Choice uses to make their Kentucky Menthol Tobacco juice (all VG) - I've had it plug up my clearos wicks quick like and want to thin it out some with PG but don't want to dilute the flavor any - my magic wand hasn't accomplished that feat yet!

"Here is how to figure out how to mix solutions, by using a DIY e-liquid Mixing Calculator.
Go to: http://www.ecigvape.com/#anc_calcs and use the calculators at the bottom of the page."

Last edited:

Maxedout

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Arizona
Just wanted to introduce myself...been vaping for one week after smoking a pack in a half for last 15 years. i love it and already been to 4 stores and this forum has made my experience so much better.

HI SpinDr! Congrats on your one week stinky free!
I've been off the stinkies for about one and a half years now, smoked for 32+ years.
Vaping has saved my life!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona

WerewolfalThor

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Chandler, AZ, USA
SpinDr480:9765143 said:
Just wanted to introduce myself...been vaping for one week after smoking a pack in a half for last 15 years. i love it and already been to 4 stores and this forum has made my experience so much better.
Welcome! I've been going for about a week as well and am so glad I found this forum and this thread. Where are you from?

Hi folks,
I've been vaping since last Xmas as that is when I discovered a rebuildable rig that actually satisfied me right out of the box.
It was a eGo 650 with a CE5/T2 Tank I was gifted that had been purchased at Zikwids up on Bell in the west valley.
Tried some different flavors and then discovered Xtreme further west on Cactus which had better prices and to me better vape juices too.
THEN I discovered mtbakervapor.com and got some flavors from them at much cheaper prices even and with excellent fast delivery etc.
The thing is they MIX TO ORDER so I learned about steeping which helps a lot and I accidently learned that Amaretto EATS Plastic T2 Tanks.

So now I test all juice on old CDs (the burnable side) as they are also polycarbonate and will melt or discolor with solvents that eat it.
I also learned about DIYing my own juice so I am now doing just that for a WAY cheaper price even than buying any premixed flavor from anybody.
I just got my Pro-Tanks (glass) and have figured them out but still prefer the T2 to them as they are more of a pain to use and make work and so on.

I am 56, very married, a manufacturing engineer/programmer and had smoked 2 packs a day since I was a kid, so my kids did/do too.
The two that "still" smoke both now live in Washington because they like smoking pot and being cool and are now both Vaping up a storm too.

So I am happy Hellen hollered at me and happy to find others in "the hood".

Last edited by a moderator:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Glad you came in and joined.

The ProTanks have some little tweeks that can be used to make them better. One is a rebuild. The other is using an air flow restrictor on them (I just got 2 last night). They're available at GotVapes for about $3.50 and LESS at StormysVaporCellar.com for $2.99 (check for coupons to make them less). Love the PT with this addition.

Flavors eating plastic is old news for vapers. Not much different (I think) than acidic foods eating away tooth enamel or causing stomach issues? Everything used for liquids is FDA approved (that makes ya feel warm, fuzzy and safe, huh?). So you have to make up your own mind on what you're willing to use. Personally, I'd rather forego any plastic and just use glass for tanks or drip into an atomizer. I quit using cartridges for mine a long time ago.

And oh hey... come on over and join us on the Facebook group page too. We're a bit more chatty there. :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoenix.vapors/

Dave also has us on Reddit. I can't figure the forum out yet... *doh* so ask him if you have questions, he's the Reddit expert and really knows his way around there. You can find it here: http://www.reddit.com/r/vapinginphoenix/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread