Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
For Yiddle, it's Wb........she was on here a month or so before me 3 years ago, but was gone for awhile when she was a supplier associate for a vendor :)

Everything has been reversed unless Ive seen them post since I've been here.
Also occasional posting from time to time is required.
Seen some pop in and go not to return so usually wait for a while. :2cool:

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I'm posting in this thread (for the first time) so those young whippersnappers outside won't point and laugh at an old man. ;)

I know I'm getting old.
I decided it was getting too fiddly using pipettes and such to make my juices so I ordered a digital scale and calibration weight (from fasttech) so I could measure things by weight and not have to peer like a turtle through the bifocals to see tiny graduations on glass.
They arrived today. The cal. weight had bashed the scales in transit and broken the plastic cover. 40 years ago I would have anticipated that and ordered the things separately*.
I know I'm getting old.

* At least I think I would, I can't really remember...
Welcome!!
image.jpg

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
Welcome newcomers!!!! Just two weeks with zero analog cigarettes and I'm DIY. Made me some Flamingo today. First vape without tobacco. I just tried it. Anxious to get away from the tobacco flavor...it's like an alcoholic trying to drink near beer. It is strawberry coconutty in the mouth and nose with a peachy finish on the tongue. I thought the peach might overpower it, but it doesn't...just a peachy tang. Sooooooooooooo much better than tobacco mixes and mint I had been using to get my ratios right. Easy peasy and didn't spill a drop. Used 3 ml syringe with 14 gauge needle-less tip (Like they use for essential oils.) for the nic, pg and vg, and a 1ml for the peach. Just used drops for the coconut and strawberry. Made 15 mls. Took about ten minutes. There is no peppery flavor and it's thin enough, yet provides for a good cloud. I likey.
Group HUG for all the support! Yay!
grouphugg.gif

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
Sampling Halo Tribeca right now and I must say it is quite good. Didn't want to like it because it's rather expensive but must give them credit for a really nice RY4. It reminds me a bit of Crystal RY4 but with a different finish to it. Not a double tobacco RY4 but more so than Mr Vape or Mr ELiquid, a little less than Crystal double tobacco. It's up there among the best I've tried so far. Would be a great cig replacement especially for new vapers, if they want to spend the money on it. I vape too much to EDV juice this high. Their 20% off sale is still going until midnight tonight.

Tribeca E-liquid | Halo E Liquid

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Just wanted to say Hi.
My story is the same as a lot of you folks. Nothing unique.
The main thing I wish to say is I wished vaping was available 50+ years ago. At this date, its a good as it can get and I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
APV + RDA's. DIY flavor hound.

I'm posting in this thread (for the first time) so those young whippersnappers outside won't point and laugh at an old man. ;)

I know I'm getting old.
I decided it was getting too fiddly using pipettes and such to make my juices so I ordered a digital scale and calibration weight (from Fasttech) so I could measure things by weight and not have to peer like a turtle through the bifocals to see tiny graduations on glass.
They arrived today. The cal. weight had bashed the scales in transit and broken the plastic cover. 40 years ago I would have anticipated that and ordered the things separately*.
I know I'm getting old.

* At least I think I would, I can't really remember...

Welcome both of you! I have not caught up yet, so don't know if someone already warned ya - pull up a rocker, just beware of those iffy cushions (whoopee cushions). He is a teaser! (but a great guy, like everyone else here on the porches!)

Looking forward to hearing your stories - how you got to vaping, and DIY!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Welcome newcomers!!!! Just two weeks with zero analog cigarettes and I'm DIY. Made me some Flamingo today. First vape without tobacco. I just tried it. Anxious to get away from the tobacco flavor...it's like an alcoholic trying to drink near beer. It is strawberry coconutty in the mouth and nose with a peachy finish on the tongue. I thought the peach might overpower it, but it doesn't...just a peachy tang. Sooooooooooooo much better than tobacco mixes and mint I had been using to get my ratios right. Easy peasy and didn't spill a drop. Used 3 ml syringe with 14 gauge needle-less tip (Like they use for essential oils.) for the nic, pg and vg, and a 1ml for the peach. Just used drops for the coconut and strawberry. Made 15 mls. Took about ten minutes. There is no peppery flavor and it's thin enough, yet provides for a good cloud. I likey.
grouphugg.gif

I love Flamingo!! I have to make myself some more when I get a chance; haven't had it in awhile but it is GOOOOOODDDDD

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Just got back from dropping my daughter off at the airport...

Did you take her to the destination airport? I shouldn't talk, I think it took us six hours to get home from the airport last time. Glad you made it home safely.

Looking to try mad town, their donut run looks amazing!

Glad you looked that one up....seems I've been away far too long...lol. I was sitting here going ?????

Me too, was going to suggest Voodoo Donuts. :(

For those of y'all that fly from time to time. This is an interesting thread 'specially the reason why the OP had her vape gear seized. iPV mini 2 and MVP siezed by Custom's in BVI | E-Cigarette Forum

Something really wrong with that. At least TSA is very good but I also only fly with cheap stuff and pack it according to TSA regulations/suggestions. Really hope they get their gear back.

Happy to post that I returned my defective 50w iStick and the vendor shipped me out a new one the morning after receiving it.....I'm a happy camper now...:vapor:
Awesome! :thumbs:

Hi Puffaway, welcome to the porch. I think there's someone else on the porch that does their DIY mixing by weight too. I take the easy way out and let my wife to the mixing. :rolleyes:
Has she slipped you the new Tabasco yet?

grouphugg.gif
Methinks you'll be machining new mods by the end of the year. :) Congratulations on your first ejuice batch!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
To all our new porchers, welcome! :) Standard warning: if Iffy offers you a rocker with a cushion in it, be very wary. Likely has an acoustic (whoopee) cushion in it and there are reliable rumors that he's also using pin cushions now. Deb has a secret supply of real cushions so ask her for one.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
DIY is awesome! As you go along you learn more and love it more and more :)
Welcome! Somehow, for some reason, your post didn't register in my mind when I first saw it. :p Semi and I also post on the hidden porch. How is your duckie doing with recovery from that hawk attack?

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
You've been at this less than a month. May I humbly suggest you bypass the boxes and go straight to one of these.
tool_chest.jpg

Otherwise you will be buried in boxes by next Tuesday. :) And very nice shopping spree!

Welcome! Somehow, for some reason, your post didn't register in my mind when I first saw it. :p Semi and I also post on the hidden porch. How is your duckie doing with recovery from that hawk attack?
:w00t: Hawk attack?! :( I hope the little duck is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread