Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sending positive thoughts that you get good news today and Trip will soon be home and up to his normal self. Our fur babies are at the center of our world and when they hurt, we are lost. Hang in there.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Woke late this morning to find that my 3yo chocolate lab (Trip) could hardly stand up. Off to the vet while gulping my morning coffee.

EB,

Just got caught up on da front porch and ran across your post.

Encouraging update thus far. Hopefully Trip will make a full recovery!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
EB, improvement is encouraging. As Disallowed mentioned, it may take a little time for the inner ear to get back to normal. My husband and the neighbor we walk with every night are pulling for Trip too. I know it’s not easy, and the house is so damned quiet when they’re not around, but hang in there. Since Labs tend to get a wee bit excited, this may be the time to move the breakables out of Trip’s range for when he goes into full blown Berserk Labrador Mode when arriving home. Please give Trip a hug from us, not to mention one for you. :firefox:

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Simple immediate remedy. Rename him steady. :D
But seriously, it is hard to have them in the "hospital". Home with their family is where they belong. Hoping for a quick heal for him!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Just talked to the vet. Trip is slightly improved, but still unable to get around on his own. The vet will touch base with a vet neurologist for any treatment suggestions he may be able to offer.
Again, thanks to all for the well wished.
Well, improved is good. Ear infections & inner ear issues are strange things. Keep us posted!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
They will keep him another day and see how he is tomorrow.
well, it's good the neuro vet found nothing. Do they just not think it's related to the ear infection? Prepare for the worst maybe, but certainly hope and pray for the best!

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Simple immediate remedy. Rename him steady. :D
But seriously, it is hard to have them in the "hospital". Home with their family is where they belong. Hoping for a quick heal for him!

He was named Trip not due to his being clumsy, but because I drove 450 miles to get him

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
well, it's good the neuro vet found nothing. Do they just not think it's related to the ear infection? Prepare for the worst maybe, but certainly hope and pray for the best!

Yes, but since he's gotten so bad the assumption is it may be effecting his brain. And yes still trying to stay positive but very little progress is making it tough.
Thanks to all for the well wishes.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Sometimes a bad untreated ear infection can invade the brain in humans. Same for a dog. You know, ear and brain are very close to each other.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Yes, but since he's gotten so bad the assumption is it may be effecting his brain. And yes still trying to stay positive but very little progress is making it tough.
Thanks to all for the well wishes.
Hang in there EB. Thank you for keeping us posted. This is such a hard situation to deal with, I send strength to you to get through this. And hope for a good outcome. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
EB, very sorry to hear there's little improvement today. I know you’re doing what you need to do emotionally and haven’t given up on Trip. (Jeez, we only went 120 miles for El Whacko and that seemed a bit far, for him anyway.) First thing I did this morning was look for an update, thank you for posting. You have no idea how badly I want Trip to get well. Fervently hoping for the best for both of you. Hang in there.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
EB, very sorry to hear there's little improvement today. I know you’re doing what you need to do emotionally and haven’t given up on Trip. (Jeez, we only went 120 miles for El Whacko and that seemed a bit far, for him anyway.) First thing I did this morning was look for an update, thank you for posting. You have no idea how badly I want Trip to get well. Fervently hoping for the best for both of you. Hang in there.

I really appreciate all of you folks support. It means more than you know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread