petition needs your signature

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Yeah, I'm still going to be promoting this every day, but I'm glad I went with this petition site over the others. Since there is no built in time limit or hard goal we have to meet, we can keep it growing with whatever we can get for as long as we need to.

If it's another 3 months before the rules get to congress, I imagine/hope we'll have a lot more than 15,000 signatures to shove in their faces by then.
Yeah, I wasn't saying don't promote it. I just don't think those fence-sitters or newer people are going to sit up and take notice until the threat is made real to them through the media. How long has the FDA been a subject of concern in here? Seven years? More? CASAA only has a membership of 60,664 people. Anyway, it was just an idea but I didn't mean to just stop promoting it. I was just kind of worried about how long SJ would let it be a stickie or banner. Looks like it's moving along much better today after yesterday's glitches.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Yeah, I wasn't saying don't promote it. I just don't think those fence-sitters or newer people are going to sit up and take notice until the threat is made real to them through the media. How long has the FDA been a subject of concern in here? Seven years? More? CASAA only has a membership of 60,664 people. Anyway, it was just an idea but I didn't mean to just stop promoting it. I was just kind of worried about how long SJ would let it be a stickie or banner. Looks like it's moving along much better today after yesterday's glitches.
Yeah, I will admit that I was off on the timeline, I forgot about the OMB step and how long it would take. I was running on the estimates of the final rules being released in July.

A growing movement over the next few months, with a surge at the end when everyone is reminded that the FDA really doesn't want vaping as we know it to continue, will hopefully produce some great results.

If we can only have a banner for a short period of time, I'd rather have it be once the final rules are released, when people can see exactly what we're fighting.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Yes, lol, I keep forgetting that step too. I keep thinking I'm going to wake up one morning in the very near future, talking days here, and be heavily restricted or unable at all to buy anything vape related that I can today. I'd be okay for a long time, just worried sick about those future vapers. Wake up people and sign the petition!

Having bad connection problems here so going to bed. Get some sleep Lessifer.

15,523!

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
Thank you everyone for keeping the momentum going. SJ has been asked, though I'm not sure if he's seen the request yet. I'm not one to overly bug people, though what you all choose to do is your own business ;)

Remember, even if none of your friends smoke/vape if they know you and love you, they may be willing to help. Most people just don't know what it means when they say they are going to "regulate e-cigarettes like tobacco." If you let them know, they may think it's worth stopping.

This is so true. Even if you are not the FB social type simply asking family and friends to take a few moments out of their day to support an issue that effects you is not too much to ask in my book and every little bit helps. Reading the petition does not take that long. We never know how something may effect another. What I mean is that after a non-smoker reads that petition they will undoubtedly learn something from it. They may know somebody else that vaping could help and pass the information along. I have requested all my friends and family to at least read petition and if they can to sign it, then pass it along. :thumbs: I have seen quite a few of my non smoking/non vaping friends get behind this. If I had not asked, they would not even know.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Woot no cigars until 25000?

Until then we're just scratching paper with pencils with hopes to see a desk underneath.

Even 100,000 may not get much consideration depending on statistics. If their statistics show our community as somewhat of a larger interest group, they may expect up to 250,000 before they take it seriously enough for them to have their hands forced.

Or if they presume the opposition will have great magnitudes of a higher count of individuals motivated on the topic at the polls.

In this nation of we the people, the people must bark loud enough that our bite is feared for we to take control.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Even around these parts(ECF) there are many who don't understand. There are those who say "regulation is a good thing" and I assume they mean that some form of common sense standards that would actually give us things that we want, like standardized information labels(though we don't all agree what should be on them) would be good. I have to assume that they don't mean that draconian regulations DESIGNED to keep the status quo of 2007 big tobacco, are good for the vaping industry.
Most don't even understand the dangers of the labels they assume will help.

The its being done for me, I can just read the label crowd is clueless. They haven't the foggiest what's actually on those food labels let alone what's allowed to be excluded and why.

If farmer Joe wants to exclude something... or doesn't know it has to be on there, he can lose his home and his "freedom".

But if farmer Joe is a big conglomerate, he can just say it's a proprietary recipe and hide the most dangerous ingredient as a trade secret.

As far as feeding the public used tires to disperse the waste and calling it "Natural flavoring".

As far as I know, everything nature grows that is known edible has a name...

Read and know your labels folks... and demand the shroud of secrecy and ambiguity on your food labels be burnt off in hellfire.

Let alone the massive history of corruption of the FDA... again... let alone all the other 3 letter "health" agencies.

And common sense posting such as reminding them that mcdonalds food is legal, yet raw cows milk with the enzymes needed for some form of human digestion (which we can't do completely in any form) is illegal.

Deadly cigarettes are legal and everywhere, yet swedish snus that have been found to be nearly harmless are illegal in the state of maryland.

Etc. ...

Tapatyped

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
This is so true. Even if you are not the FB social type simply asking family and friends to take a few moments out of their day to support an issue that effects you is not too much to ask in my book and every little bit helps. Reading the petition does not take that long. We never know how something may effect another. What I mean is that after a non-smoker reads that petition they will undoubtedly learn something from it. They may know somebody else that vaping could help and pass the information along. I have requested all my friends and family to at least read petition and if they can to sign it, then pass it along. :thumbs: I have seen quite a few of my non smoking/non vaping friends get behind this. If I had not asked, they would not even know.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. I'll pass this along to my non-smoking family and the few friends I have. I haven't told them I've quit smoking yet, but maybe if I do, and say vaping was the reason I was able to, they'll think about signing it.

Thanks, Jode!

~Lannie

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. I'll pass this along to my non-smoking family and the few friends I have. I haven't told them I've quit smoking yet, but maybe if I do, and say vaping was the reason I was able to, they'll think about signing it.

Thanks, Jode!

~Lannie

Congrats on quitting!!! Welcome to ECF if I haven't already said so. Be a proud vaper Lannie and share your experiences with those that are open to it. I was so very surprised at how many people asked me about it all when I started vaping. The more positive we are as vapers about our choices the better vaping looks to those that don't get it. Of course there are always some that you will not change their minds, but for those ones, I usually just smile at them and hope one day they will see what I do now. Talk to your circle when you are ready. I think I might get what you mean. I had tried quitting so many times that I was hesitant to alert others to yet another attempt in case of failure, but guess what? I haven't failed this time, and think it highly unlikely that I would ever go near a cig again. For some reason I felt very early on into my new vaping that this was the ticket I was hoping for. This was that hand up I needed to get over the addiction to all the other stuff in cigs. You will know when you are ready to share your new thing with your people. And if you voted you have done a great thing. Thank you!

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
And if you voted you have done a great thing. Thank you!

I not only signed the petition, but I explained WHY it was so important to me in the comments section. I suppose Big Tobacco might take offense because they lost another lifelong customer, but I figured it's made such a huge difference in my life, I'd like other people to know why I chose vaping, too. If anyone even reads those comments, anyway.

I'd never even tried to quit before, because I knew I wouldn't be able to, and I'd be insufferable in the attempt (I get cranky without my smokes), so I'm not too worried about my family saying, "Oh, not again," but they probably WOULD tell me, "Ha, good luck with THAT," because the ones that used to smoke went through quitting and restarting and quitting again for years before they finally were able to stop. I think they might be mad at me for finding this so easy! LOL! But I'll still tell them anyway. They can't hit me over the head or anything because they live thousands of miles away! :p

~Lannie

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I not only signed the petition, but I explained WHY it was so important to me in the comments section. I suppose Big Tobacco might take offense because they lost another lifelong customer, but I figured it's made such a huge difference in my life, I'd like other people to know why I chose vaping, too. If anyone even reads those comments, anyway.

I'd never even tried to quit before, because I knew I wouldn't be able to, and I'd be insufferable in the attempt (I get cranky without my smokes), so I'm not too worried about my family saying, "Oh, not again," but they probably WOULD tell me, "Ha, good luck with THAT," because the ones that used to smoke went through quitting and restarting and quitting again for years before they finally were able to stop. I think they might be mad at me for finding this so easy! LOL! But I'll still tell them anyway. They can't hit me over the head or anything because they live thousands of miles away! :p

~Lannie
You are AWESOME and you are why this is so important. I feel that most vapers who have found their way to ECF will probably survive the upcoming regulations, unless they are even worse than we expect. However, those who haven't found vaping yet are in jeopardy. As a new vaper you recognize how easy and life altering it is and you've decided to help keep this available for future vapers.
Again, thank you!

Also, at the very least, I have been reading the comments, I haven't read them ALL yet because there are a lot of them, but I will. They will also be part of what gets sent to congress and the president.

Users who are viewing this thread