Not open for further replies.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
So there must be no petrol heads in here :p
No one chimed in with the why I can't call my build a boxer.......
It's because the "cylinders" were vertical...a boxer engine has horizontal firing pistons :p
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

My almost finished "boxer"

imagejpg1_zpsbd9c40a4.jpg

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Just get the Velocity. You won't regret it. Best RDA I've used to date, and I've vaped my share of RDA's. Though mine is a Tobeco clone, but it must be 95% as good as the real thing. Everything is flawless.

Unimpressive 24 gauge Nichrome 80, 7 wrap spaced dual coil. 0.2 ohms, and vaping well.

6aVzkqd.jpg
Is it notched so the top locks onto the deck like the authentic? I'm still considering it because of the endless build capabilities. How are the 6 airflow holes before opening up the cyclops AFC?

gliv52759

Dec 27, 2014
Hermitage, TN. USA
but with more streamers :p

The main difference between the two is the wicking effect from my Cloud Machine coil. It's 3 Clapton coils in one build. At 120 watts it still not hot and produces the densest vape I've ever had from a coil. I still have that coil after 3 months. I only break it out on special occasions. I do love an infiniti coil build, never had on to produce that type of vapor.

Fire 2.jpg
CHAIN  INFINITI COIL FIRED.jpg
Full Fire 600.jpg
Reverse Twisted Fused Claptons Infiniti Coil FF.jpg
CIC P H.jpg

gliv52759

Dec 27, 2014
Hermitage, TN. USA
0.5 mm A-1 K ribbon wire twisted and then Claptoned around 26g A-1 K. 5 wraps with a 3/32" ID. Single coil setup metered at 0.60 ohms.

I tried that build once and it didn't come out as nice as that. I hade .8 ribbon wire and couldn't get that effect. Very nice build you have there.

Reactions: VapeLater

gliv52759

Dec 27, 2014
Hermitage, TN. USA
wasnt quite happy untill i went back to these unoxidized spaced coils :p

I think it's all about preference. Because I feel the same way... only in reverse. I can't get the performance I want from kanthal and standard coils. If I do a standard build it has to be SS, Ni200, Ni80 or Tio2 for it to be satisfying for me.

If I use kanthal it's to get a staged heating effect because it fires slower than low resistances wires of the same gauge. Here's a new wire I'm working on that's 7 total strands that should have staged heating. I fused 3 strands of 26g kanthal with 32g kanthal... then fused it with twisted 28g 317L / 36g kanthal. The glowshot on this should be a light show and I'm sure it will produce amazing flavor.

20150627_100021 (1600x900).jpg
20150627_100052 (1600x900).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Forde

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL
Is it notched so the top locks onto the deck like the authentic? I'm still considering it because of the endless build capabilities. How are the 6 airflow holes before opening up the cyclops AFC?
Yes, it's notched like the authentic. I actually think the 6 holes alone are as good as the cyclops holes. A lot of times I'll just leave it fully screwed down and just open those 6 holes. Plenty of airflow for me, and the flavor is just as good. Otherwise I open the cyclops holes about 1/2 way and close off the 6 holes. I like a little restriction in my vape. The only time I open it up wide open is if I'm looking for clouds and have a ridiculous build in it at 60W+. I love it.

If i had to come up with a complaint, my only one is that sometimes the notch seems a bit too small/short and it can take a second to find where it lines up. The cap seems to float across the top of the notch every now and then. But once it's in place, it's fine.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Specs?
I had an uncle that converted his Baja bug into a 350 small block :-o

2110cc, Gene Berg forged crank, Carrillo rods, custom Cima pistons and cylinders, CB competition street heads, Berg sump, Berg oil pump, Moroso Accusump, Berg cromemoly pushrods, Berg straight cut gears, Autocraft roller rockers, Berg header, 1.5L Autorotor screw supercharger, Q90 throttle body, MSII computer, thermocouples for cylinder, head, exhaust temps, (insert custom ahead of these) water to air intercooler, intake system, plenum, runners, injector mounts, inductive timing pickup with coil packs for DIS, dual fan cooling doghouse, blower pulleys, and about everything else. Got it about 95% done but has been sitting 4 years now due to starting up my own company and either not having money or not having time to finish it :(.

Reactions: USMCotaku

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I think it's all about preference. Because I feel the same way... only in reverse. I can't get the performance I want from kanthal and standard coils. If I do a standard build it has to be SS, Ni200, Ni80 or Tio2 for it to be satisfying for me.

If I use kanthal it's to get a staged heating effect because it fires slower than low resistances wires of the same gauge. Here's a new wire I'm working on that's 7 total strands that should have staged heating. I fused 3 strands of 26g kanthal with 32g kanthal... then fused it with twisted 28g 317L / 36g kanthal. The glowshot on this should be a light show and I'm sure it will produce amazing flavor.

Have you tried an unoxidised coil though? if you havent then you need to try it, there is a massive difference! :)

Reactions: gliv52759

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
i was gonna make a 'straight 6'
to represent the RBN6 in the skylines, i used to have an R34 GTR at around 550hp ;)

yeah buddy it is, yours is the only one ive seen with the black o-rings :)

i will have to agree with you on the velocity being a great atty, i like it so much ive ordered another two :p
Really? I got mine direct from rbavapor.com. And this pic is from compvape
69655af1589dfce0e18da9371170f6ea.jpg

And when you Google Image search, all the pics have black o rings [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
2110cc, Gene Berg forged crank, Carrillo rods, custom Cima pistons and cylinders, CB competition street heads, Berg sump, Berg oil pump, Moroso Accusump, Berg cromemoly pushrods, Berg straight cut gears, Autocraft roller rockers, Berg header, 1.5L Autorotor screw supercharger, Q90 throttle body, MSII computer, thermocouples for cylinder, head, exhaust temps, (insert custom ahead of these) water to air intercooler, intake system, plenum, runners, injector mounts, inductive timing pickup with coil packs for DIS, dual fan cooling doghouse, blower pulleys, and about everything else. Got it about 95% done but has been sitting 4 years now due to starting up my own company and either not having money or not having time to finish it :(.
Would love to see it on a dyno :p
Super souped up bug......prius mileage, Porsche performance :p

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Yes, it's notched like the authentic. I actually think the 6 holes alone are as good as the cyclops holes. A lot of times I'll just leave it fully screwed down and just open those 6 holes. Plenty of airflow for me, and the flavor is just as good. Otherwise I open the cyclops holes about 1/2 way and close off the 6 holes. I like a little restriction in my vape. The only time I open it up wide open is if I'm looking for clouds and have a ridiculous build in it at 60W+. I love it.

If i had to come up with a complaint, my only one is that sometimes the notch seems a bit too small/short and it can take a second to find where it lines up. The cap seems to float across the top of the notch every now and then. But once it's in place, it's fine.
No doubt, I was thinking the cyclops air slots were going to be used just for huge clouds anyway. Seems like this atty can do it all...I saw a review on a clone and the top o-ring was loose causing the topcap to spin. But to stop that just add a bigger o-ring. Hmm.
Anyway. New build on the Petri. Maxed out my surface area on this one...
image.jpg

4x32g N60 in between 2 strands of 30g N80 wrapped with 34g A1 around a 2.5mm bit. Originally I had 8 wraps but they were uneven and offset and bothered me, so I took a wrap off down to 7 and they're perfect. So much surface area..flavor is absurd. I'm still figuring my way around thin gauge multi-strand fused claptons so some of the wraps didn't come out perfect, but she performs beautifully.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    864.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Really? I got mine direct from rbavapor.com. And this pic is from compvape
69655af1589dfce0e18da9371170f6ea.jpg

And when you Google Image search, all the pics have black o rings [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go to twisted messes website! They're selling extra decks for $19.99. I would buy direct from TM, I think they're running a sale on just their decks alone at the moment. Forgot the coupon code but I'm sure it's on their Instagram.

My top cap oring is just right. Tight enough that it won't spin out of place unintentionally, but loose enough that turning is smooth and easy.

Alright awesome. I'm about 87% sure the Velocity is gonna be my next atty. I was wanting a Competition Kennedy, but I'm sick of 3 post atty's, imagine a 2 post Comp Kennedy with the 4 hole bottom airflow design...now I'm dreaming but one can always design their own atty...

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Not a big fan of bottom airflow drippers myself. I tend to flood my attys, and bottom airflow atomizers tend to leak EVERYWHERE. The deeper the juice well, and the higher the air holes, the better for me.
I hear ya. I have a mutation x v4, and it took some time getting used to but minimal leaks once I figured everything out. What I like about the Kennedy & Comp Kennedy are the aftermarket caps. Theres the gremlin slam cap, dragon cap, demon cap with 2 top air holes, and a new demon cap with 4 top airholes.

I still have to figure out which TC mod I am going to buy first, whether it be the IPV3 Li or wait for the upcoming Sig150TC, save a bit more for the SX Mini M class, wait and save a lot more for a DNA200 mod, or buy an SX350J/DNA200 chip and make my own mod with either before I get another atty.

Reactions: gliv52759

kkiet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2015
Milwaukee, Wi
The main difference between the two is the wicking effect from my Cloud Machine coil. It's 3 Clapton coils in one build. At 120 watts it still not hot and produces the densest vape I've ever had from a coil. I still have that coil after 3 months. I only break it out on special occasions. I do love an infiniti coil build, never had on to produce that type of vapor.

View attachment 467465 View attachment 467466 View attachment 467468 View attachment 467469 View attachment 467471
Your just to talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread