Post pictures of your working wick and coil setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Look at the wrap. 3 strands of 40g para clap'd for the decored Clapton & then stretched/alien's over a fraple core. That's what interlocking is. It's not a twisted alien, as the 3 strands of 40g are all wrapped individually (untwisted) over the original Clapton.

What, you mean like with a 38&40g interlocking wrap? Yeah, I've done it on multiple occasions. First time doing a 38/40g but I've done plenty of 36/38g interlocks. If that's what you're referring to.
b4ee8ef1f8d468e826b14ed66f2a7639.jpg
^38/40g interlocking
Or did you mean something else? Show me a pic

Nah not interlocked alien Tom but an Alien staggerton, i can't work out how to draw a picture from ig to show you, maybe you can do it then let me know how, just look for friend raymo.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Nah not interlocked Alien Tom but an Alien staggerton, i can't work out how to draw a picture from ig to show you, maybe you can do it then let me know how, just look for friend raymo.
Ah the alien staggerton. I haven't gotten around to making it. But maybe I'll try next week.
I (finally) have some 316L coming in & I figure why not try out some new things with it. 250ft of 26&28g, 100ft 27g & 500ft of 36&38g. I still have to order more from KP, so I'll probably get a 1k spool of 40g & some 3x1,4x1,&5x1 SS ribbon. So I'm holding off on building anything until my wire comes in so I can mix it up a bit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I thought that I should revisit the stapled tiger again but this time with 34g ss316 over .4 n80 and 24g ss316, came out with some nice colours without washing the coils, I got lucky and had no shorts and got the colours after one pulse, the wicked pics are on second pulse so lost the colour but tastes great, just like i remember! :D
2.5id
And I think 0.11ohms
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

no doubt there will come a day when i can also sit on my arss for hours at a time without being disturbed :thumbs:
Hehe I had that thought once, ahh the days of dreaming! And my only child has four legs and begs for the frisbee to be thrown. I can't imagine having a human DOGhter... I guess that would make 'er a daughter, either way lol I do a lot for my mom too but that's no biggie. I figure I owe her one since she birthed me and all hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justadude

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
I thought that I should revisit the stapled tiger again but this time with 34g ss316 over .4 n80 and 24g ss316, came out with some nice colours without washing the coils, I got lucky and had no shorts and got the colours after one pulse, the wicked pics are on second pulse so lost the colour but tastes great, just like i remember! :D
2.5id
And I think 0.11ohms View attachment 582177 View attachment 582175 View attachment 582173 View attachment 582171
That's hilarious you just said that dude because last week I made a stapled tiger as appreciation for the graphics company and everything they've done.
5nqi44.png

Reactions: Tom Forde

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Hehe I had that thought once, ahh the days of dreaming! And my only child has four legs and begs for the frisbee to be thrown. I can't imagine having a human DOGhter... I guess that would make 'er a daughter, either way lol I do a lot for my mom too but that's no biggie. I figure I owe her one since she birthed me and all hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah!!! we can dream can't we:rolleyes:... maybe your dog will bring you beers and make you naked staple coils when you get to old to do it yourself :shock:

That's hilarious you just said that dude because last week I made a stapled tiger as appreciation for the graphics company and everything they've done.
5nqi44.png

That's very nice of you!! :) you sent them some coils or pics?

Last edited:

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
Still getting used to this 42ga wire. I couldn't see how far some of the wraps were until I was able to get a max zoom on my phone. Fused clapton, 26AWG SS316L and 42ga Nichrome 80.

pStTXfUl.jpg

And mounted up in the Royal Hunter.

z3y7rAjl.jpg

I felt the need to taste some juice I mixed on the 19th, so I needed to wrap up some coils....of course I did.

Reactions: supertrunker

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
So is that just a fused clapton wrapped in 42? I don't see any other wires in there besides 2 which makes me wonder how is that a staple? Not bashing on you dude just trying to figure out what staple you speak of since all I'm seeing is a fused clap with parallel

I could also he wrong about the parallel part, not sure if it's a wire or just reflection of juice

I missed this reply to my earlier post, I somehow lost it between the pics. :D

The one previous to when you posted was a fused, not a staple, the staple came out worse. I have done better...like this one, with a 32ga wrap -

nFWwBRKl.jpg

But with the 42ga, it went like this -
9TGjqEbl.jpg

Reactions: Tom Forde

Justadude

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
But with the 42ga, it went like this -
9TGjqEbl.jpg
Take your time my child

Slip I failed bad trying to braid around a core but manage to nail the 5 finger loop braid techniques thanks to your videos.
Now I'm still failing bad with the staple stag, aliens, fused allien, interlocking allien, just about freaking everything that has allien in it..
Take your time young grasshopper lol

I aliened a 40 gauge last night as part of my second concept, not posting anything until I'm done

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Slip I failed bad trying to braid around a core but manage to nail the 5 finger loop braid techniques thanks to your videos.
Now I'm still failing bad with the staple stag, aliens, fused allien, interlocking allien, just about freaking everything that has allien in it..
Don't give up! Once you get the hang of the five finger tickle you'll be flying! Just remember that when you tighten up the wires as you splay them you need to keep the tension either side of the main wire even.
What main and 5loop wire did you use?

For the Alien start off with something like 3x 26g kanthal for the cores and either 32 or 34g n80 for the outer wrap, use a 26g core to make your de-cored clapton.
Once you've stretched out your de-cored clapton test it by holding it across your 3 main wires to see if it has enough stretch, see if it looks how its suppose to.

Failing that a guy somewhere else uses a ratio to get his stretch right by doing 10" of clapton wire stretched to 78.5" gives 6" of Alien, this isn't a relaxed decored clapton at 78.5", when you let the wire relax it will be shorter, sometimes i'm terrible at explaining! hope you understand! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread