IMG_4713.JPG
IMG_4724.JPG
IMG_4732.JPG

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
How does that behemoth vape @SLIPPY_EEL ? I still cant get over how absolutely massive 3 wraps of that coil is.

Fat coils :D
Here are a couple more fat 3 wrap single coils that I've done, vaped and enjoyed, they're all a very similar vape, they have lots of flavour but will quickly get your atty hot if you like to take lots of pulls
IMG_4235.JPG
IMG_4352.JPG

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
You can do both off the spool with a swivel. You can also get some bobbin system so you can pinch the wire straight at the core (I can't).
Or get 2 or 3" of good clapton away from the chuck and take a wide clip (chip bag clip...something that covers the wholewire) put some electrical tape on the part that will bite the wire and clamp it down over the clapton so your wire is sticking out of the middle of the clip. Now you can't overlap. It will force the wire in the same pattern that was clipped. That's how I make spaced clapton over 20"+ runs of 28g and 30g.

You need a swivel though. It was easy to break 28g using fishing swivels. I picked up a swvl from @the_swvl on IG for $15 shipped. Great investment.

When you get to 44g the tension of your fingers can break it. Put the spool in an open ziplock bag and clapton like you normally would. The bag acts like a lubricant.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
View attachment 615519 Here's a 1/4" Yottacoil pair I stuff into a subzero 24. I got a vape station up and running this week and needed a build with more resistance to up its power capabilities. 24g N80.

I bet it vapes really well, i used to build dual 3mm id in the Rm2 which was pretty much the limit for the size of the atty, lowering the internal volume with cotton is a good trick for increasing flavour, nice :)

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
I bet it vapes really well, i used to build dual 3mm id in the Rm2 which was pretty much the limit for the size of the atty, lowering the internal volume with cotton is a good trick for increasing flavour, nice :)

I think 2.8mm is the biggest I fit in an rm2. I usually run 3.6mm-4.4mm ID in 22mm-24mm atties. I like the warmth and flavor of a tight chamber and increased wicking of macro spaced coils. What's interesting with this build is how little residual heat is left after 4 or 5 tugs in a row. Pulling without firing after chain vaping produces a wimpy wisp and the topcap is surprisingly cool. Yet, the vape is warm to hot.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I think 2.8mm is the biggest I fit in an rm2. I usually run 3.6mm-4.4mm ID in 22mm-24mm atties. I like the warmth and flavor of a tight chamber and increased wicking of macro spaced coils. What's interesting with this build is how little residual heat is left after 4 or 5 tugs in a row. Pulling without firing after chain vaping produces a wimpy wisp and the topcap is surprisingly cool. Yet, the vape is warm to hot.

Lots of wet wick soaking up the heat, if it wasn't for the Rm2 and the Reo community i would never have learned as much as i have in such a short space of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread