Proteus official

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Same happened to me at the beginning of the Proteus. At least in my case the issue was because the batt wasnt making a solid connection, I raised a little bit the negative contact with and the issue was gone. As usual cleaning the contacts from time to time always help. Now no five orange blinks until recharge is needed.

hi imeo
I just want to say how much I enjoy my proteus it gives me the best taste and vapour apart from 2 reasons
1 the batteries their lifespan drives me mad so do we have a timetable as to when the conversion parts for esterigon will be ready?
2 when I put a new battery in it works fine for a while and then I get five orange lights and it then doesn't fire, I have checked the coil for shorts and built new ones they all look fine, what I have found is if i loosen the battery tube a bit and then tighten it up again it thinks I have put a new battery in and it works ok again for a while until the orange lights come back again and then I loosen the battery tube again and it then works again for a while any ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll chime in with an update. The Proteus + Penelopev4 really does work, but it's not exactly for the faint of heart. You have to be a craftsy type who loves to play with mechnical things. The coils are non-trivial to build and fit in that tiny little space, but it can be done. Expect much rebuilding, regularly. There's no question this device would give me a heart attack, but my wife has now been analog free for one year thanks to it. And she loves her Proteus + Penelopev4, despite the many headaches it has caused. It's especially helpful that she has two of them (yes, she has mine as well, now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread