Q and A thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneE4

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Chicago
Green Apple has been my regular juice (either by itself or mixed with other juices) for about six months now. I just received a new order and noticed the color is almost clear. I could swear it used to be more of a light-gold/honey color and that’s also the color of the remnants of my last order (unless the color darkened over time). I haven’t had a chance to taste it yet, but it definitely smells the same. Just wondering if you guys changed anything with the Green Apple recipe?

Last edited:

Mrs Brew

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
NY
www.backwoodsblends.com
Green Apple is always clear, color changes slightly upon steeping but not a lot. Same recipe, same taste.

Green Apple has been my regular juice (either by itself or mixed with other juices) for about six months now. I just received a new order and noticed the color is almost clear. I could swear it used to be more of a light-gold/honey color and that’s also the color of the remnants of my last order (unless the color darkened over time). I haven’t had a chance to taste it yet, but it definitely smells the same. Just wondering if you guys changed anything with the Green Apple recipe?

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
If not stored properly, any juice will "degrade" quickly. If you store your juice in a cool (not the frig) dark place, it will last for many many months without "degrading". Never leave your juice in a car even during winter. The heat and sun light will kill it very quickly. Your 6 month old brews should be perfectly fine as long as they were stored properly.
But with that said, I did find a 2 year old bottle of my beloved Casa that had maybe 3 ml left in it. I thought I was in for a treat but a few hits later and ..... well.... not so much. LOL There is a definite shelf life on any e-juice even if stored properly but it's way beyond your 6 month time period.

Now steeping is a different story. With the exception of your Malty Toffee, all of your other juices will go through a wonderful transformation where the flavors meed together to create an almost new flavor. MT will do a little transformation but nothing like the tobacco flavors you listed. Some folks like their juice straight out of the mailbox and others purposely hide them away for a month because they prefer the steeped flavor better than the fresh flavor. I always buy large bottles and stash it away so I rarely get to taste my Casa fresh unless I sneak a few ml's when it first arrives. :p

Personally, I'm what I call a juice .... when it comes to BWB. I'll take it anyway I can get it. :D

TheGirlfriend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Plano TX
Here's a question:

Boyfriend bought some Casablanca 24mg. His last bottle was Casa 12mg and he still has some of that left, and he's tried 18mg and liked it. It's just the 12 wasn't strong enough so he decided to start at the top and work down.

However, the 24mg tastes totally different to him (and I understand this is normal because nicotine does affect the pepperiness of a flavor.) I personally taste the 24mg and thing it tastes like hot sauce. However, strangely he thinks the 24mg Casa has a citrus taste to it that he's hating.

Questions:
1. I can buy a 0nic Casablanca and mix the 24mg half and half to 12mg and obviously that should make it taste like it does when I order it from BWB. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this and compared it to the nic level BWB brewed. I know that sounds like a dumb question but clearly the 24mg is a big disappointment (though we did just get it in the mail so maybe that also has something to do with it. However, he's always vaped casablanca out of the mail and loved it.)

2. I'd like to hear from people (or the BWB crew, of course) who've tried different nicotine levels of Casablanca and what you noticed the taste differences were?

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Here's a question:

Boyfriend bought some Casablanca 24mg. His last bottle was Casa 12mg and he still has some of that left, and he's tried 18mg and liked it. It's just the 12 wasn't strong enough so he decided to start at the top and work down.

However, the 24mg tastes totally different to him (and I understand this is normal because nicotine does affect the pepperiness of a flavor.) I personally taste the 24mg and thing it tastes like hot sauce. However, strangely he thinks the 24mg Casa has a citrus taste to it that he's hating.

Questions:
1. I can buy a 0nic Casablanca and mix the 24mg half and half to 12mg and obviously that should make it taste like it does when I order it from BWB. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this and compared it to the nic level BWB brewed. I know that sounds like a dumb question but clearly the 24mg is a big disappointment (though we did just get it in the mail so maybe that also has something to do with it. However, he's always vaped casablanca out of the mail and loved it.)

2. I'd like to hear from people (or the BWB crew, of course) who've tried different nicotine levels of Casablanca and what you noticed the taste differences were?

It is likely somewhat to do with the nic level. That said, casa is very subjective with steep time. It changes over a few weeks more than just about any juice ive ever tried. If he has just recently gotten the bottle, it might be worth giving it a little time.

Now as far as mixing the two mg levels, in theory, it should give you the same product. I know at least for me, this dosent always work out...even though it should.

Could you tell me what the born on date of the 24mg bottle is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread