Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm doing a couple pics now before I forget again.

Here is the Black Cherry / Ebony / Ebony Inlay for AG;

Here is the all Rosewood mod for Aziffel;

Drottwilers all Black Walnut (pretty);

and Lazerrred, Bubinga / Rosewood / Rosewood, Bubinga wedged inlay;

and here are a couple more detailed pics o' the feed system.

Back to work, but I'll be watchin, Arrrrrrr!

Last edited:

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House

Oh my shes beautiful.I must go buy special juice for her.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Question for you all, I was going to use the typical 'Horn' switch because I was still looking for something better, but not having much luck.
I think I found it and I'm pretty happy. Take a look, New flush mount, square (matches box contours) silver-contacted push button switch on left, and 'Horn' switch on right. I think it will look awesome!

Anyone NOT want the new switch and prefer the Horn switch instead?

Let me know if so, Yarrrrrr!

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
How is the "pocket fire"...

A stainless switch would be even better...

Would be fine I believe, the switch top is .1" lower than the edge line of the mod, and thats before its depressed. So firing it while lying on its side would be nearly impossible unless someone set it on something slender and Pushed down on it.

I've been testing switches from different sources for some time, this is the one I was looking for.

IF you want the horn, just give me a shout, I have a hand-full of them I'm going to return and order a couple dozen of these.

Later matey!

Brian

spike39

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Colorado
I got Brian's pine box mod at a great deal. I thought I'd share this here.. not really a full-on review, but I should say this feels great in my hand.. button is easy to fire.. the guts are solidly put together, and the cosmetics (finish, sanding, fit between joints).. fantastic. Other than my Jazz cartopipe which I'm still adapting a tank to.. this is my first mod, and I'm really enjoying it.

I'll be ordering a bottom feeder when I can decide on the colors.

Thanks Brian..

spike

Attachments

• BriansMod1.jpg
    BriansMod1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 136

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thanks Spike. I've never b4 had the opportunity to do something like this and it is very rewarding to hear people say things like this. :)

Now, about the stainless steel switch. I would love one too, but I have not been able to find a 12mm SS switch anywhere. The one I used on the Mark-II is very long and I wouldn't be able to fit into the Mark-III, but the search continues. Most of them are from 16 to 22 mm in size, that is getting very big. I could probably get away with it with the larger box of an 18650 but not a 14500 box.
I ordered a dozen 12mm SS switches from a Hong Kong vendor, but altho they were 12mm the mounting ring around it was thick and way to large. If you find one, I will look at it.

Later, been a long night of sandpaper, wood chisels and cut thumbs. But I'm happy with the way this run is shaping up. If anything, I think I am getting even MORE detail orientated, arrrrr! I'll never make a 100 a week this way, oh well.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
So I guess no 18650 mods yet?

Yar, good mornin laddies and lasses.

No, altho an 18650 (Mark-IV) is on the horizon, I'm not sure when I will be able to start work on them. The Scallywags are taking up all my time at the moment, sorry.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven

Page two will never do....

lawnman3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
largo fl
oh man he is not too far from the lawnman .. this could be a good thing ... i think i want a all black walnut 5 volt mod and could i do a pickup in the area ... going that direction on sat ... brian ... or as some here call it drive thru service with a smile...

lawnman3... honestly i could pick one up when i am in your area on saturday say in the afternoon...???:2cool::2cool::2cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread