Jun 15, 2011

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...st-read-these-rules-before-you-post-here.html

The original PIF thread was 1) someone put something they no longer wanted/needed in the thread and 2) someone wanted the item(s) and in turn put something up (paying it forward) - things got chatty - and chatty type threads were put in place to keep the chat out of the PIF thread itself....as people's needs changed other PIF sticky threads were started to accommodate our members - like small item SWAP, juice SWAP, etc. The treasure chest is a freebie (only 1 take within 30 or more days from the last) - nothing replaces the item taken by the receiver.

Back in the day when gear was much more expensive, often this was the best way to try new stuff and try to maintain a budget. Not as active as it used to be ...but used nonetheless.

We are a social group. Our sticky PIF threads do not require the validation that the classified do. But there are dollar limits in small item swaps.

:)

Probably another stupid question. I've seen that "pay it forward", but what exactly does it mean? I can go from brilliant to blonde in 45 seconds and vis versa. :p And where do the dancing bananas come from? I love them.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I do not know if you are still reading here etherealink but I want you to know that I am thinking of you and sending as many good thoughts and vibes your way. You will get through this.

Not only did it go badly but I have to go back to prolong the agony on Thursday and they suggested I set up counseling as it would probably be court mandated anyway... someone shoot me :(

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Always good to try new flavors. I am especially bad at doing that. I find one or two I like and just adv them forever. Then my tastes change and I have to hunt again.

The NLV Gold I loved for the first 6 months of vaping is way too strong for me now in my r91. I recently bought a bottle of 6mg and I am having to cut it with huge amounts of pg and vg just so I can vape it. Funny how that can happen.

Do some reading up on banana flavoring. I have read it is a tank cracker, just like the citrus and cinnamon.

I'm starting to experiment with other fruits; this strawberry 'n cream has been my ADV for more than 3 months, and I still love it, but the thought keeps nagging me, hey dummy, there's a lot of other yummy fruits in the world! :D Recently got some TFA DX Banana Cream, to mix with blueberry, strawberry, peach, and a hint of coconut; and just ordered some new peach last night, Inawera's e-aromat peach, because the TFA juicy peach rather underwhelms me.

Main problem is that my palate is rather limited on fruits; don't really like most citrus -- other than ruby red grapefruit, but I think that's a tank-cracking type -- and I refuse to eat something that's even hairier than a peach -- such as a kiwi. :D Not a huge fan of melon either, and I loathe and detest raspberry. So I gotta try and combine the fruits I do like to make something new and different.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Always good to try new flavors. I am especially bad at doing that. I find one or two I like and just adv them forever. Then my tastes change and I have to hunt again.

The NLV Gold I loved for the first 6 months of vaping is way too strong for me now in my r91. I recently bought a bottle of 6mg and I am having to cut it with huge amounts of pg and vg just so I can vape it. Funny how that can happen.

Do some reading up on banana flavoring. I have read it is a tank cracker, just like the citrus and cinnamon.

Yeah, the TFA ripe banana is supposed to be as bad as those others. I was debating on the Inawera e-aromat banana, Jimi D gave it a thumbs up, but this recipe I'm going to be working on is just a bit light in the cream/vanilla dept, so I thought a banana cream would really round it out. Banana's a pretty strong flavor, so I probably won't need to use much of it; as the recipe has evolved, the coconut has gone from about 5% to just 1%; I think the banana cream maybe around 3-5%. The blueberry extra is 8%, the peach at 7%, and the shisha strawberry at 5%, because that flavor can overtake ANYTHING. :D Hope those new flavors get here tomorrow; I'm awaiting that Inawera peach, because I just didn't find anything very yummy about the TFA juicy peach, it's not even really "peachy."

Andria

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
OK. Here's an update.

The Grandbaby has landed!!! I will get to meet him Saturday. And get to see my son and dil too, of course.

When I went to efile DH taxes I could not, said already filed. After hours and hours of research and being put on hold for more hours, the conclusion is that DH had his identity stolen. Several more days of police reports, credit freezes, bank visits, etc. Not fun and not over yet. The IRS has kindly informed us that it will take at least 180 days before we hear anything from them. So we are on lockdown, financially. (Not me, though. I have my own identity. lol)

Flunked my blood tests and have to go for a liver ultrasound end of this month. Diabetes is out of control too. Dr talking insulin but I am not having it. I will play with diet and pills. And I will win this one. I am stubborn. It is mind over matter, right? I hope I do not have to put off my back surgery. See, that is why I wanted it done first. Silly dr, I knew something else would come up. Sigh, goodbye Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.....

Oh, I made a coil with the 3mm rod on my Gizmo winder. It was huge. It was 28ga, I think 6 wraps and 1.8ohms. Wicked it with cotton. Takes forever to heat up and taste is not better. Blowing through my batteries though. So this did not work for me. I am going back to the 1.5mm rod that I have been using for a year. It works. More wraps and rewicking but it works and tastes great. I am a low power vaper so no need to even try dual coils or sub ohms.

Hope everyone is fine and doing well.

Today is my birthday and DH forgot. Oh well. Too much going on.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
OK. Here's an update.

The Grandbaby has landed!!! I will get to meet him Saturday. And get to see my son and dil too, of course.

When I went to efile DH taxes I could not, said already filed. After hours and hours of research and being put on hold for more hours, the conclusion is that DH had his identity stolen. Several more days of police reports, credit freezes, bank visits, etc. Not fun and not over yet. The IRS has kindly informed us that it will take at least 180 days before we hear anything from them. So we are on lockdown, financially. (Not me, though. I have my own identity. lol)

Flunked my blood tests and have to go for a liver ultrasound end of this month. Diabetes is out of control too. Dr talking insulin but I am not having it. I will play with diet and pills. And I will win this one. I am stubborn. It is mind over matter, right? I hope I do not have to put off my back surgery. See, that is why I wanted it done first. Silly dr, I knew something else would come up. Sigh, goodbye Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.....

Oh, I made a coil with the 3mm rod on my Gizmo winder. It was huge. It was 28ga, I think 6 wraps and 1.8ohms. Wicked it with cotton. Takes forever to heat up and taste is not better. Blowing through my batteries though. So this did not work for me. I am going back to the 1.5mm rod that I have been using for a year. It works. More wraps and rewicking but it works and tastes great. I am a low power vaper so no need to even try dual coils or sub ohms.

That so totally sucks about the ID theft, with everything else you've had to deal with. Stupid criminals, always gotta muck it up for law-abiding citizens. :grr: And about the diabetes too, my mom fights that battle every day, though the last check of her A1C, whatever that is, she said was actually somewhat better than the test before that.

I've tried 28ga wire a couple times, but I agree, the stuff is sooooo sloooooooooow.... That 29ga I had to hunt up on google is one of the best vape purchases I've made; sturdier and longer-lasting than 30ga, and MUCH faster to heat than 28ga, I really couldn't tell any diff in speed from the 30ga.

Hang tough... you know we're your cheerleaders. :thumb: And happy birthday, though I suspect that like many of us, another birthday is just an unpleasant reminder... :D

Andria

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Happy Bday although not sur what to do there cause I stopped celebrating them.

I know I saw a small study with "vaporizers" and diabetes to help curb their sweet tooth. Maybe trying to DIY peanutbutter cups is going to be in your future?

OK. Here's an update.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
ecf dps_zps436b6f91.png

Last edited:

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Shari, I'm sorry to hear about your DH's identity theft. I read that it's been quite a problem for many people this year. I'm so glad it didn't happen to me.

Health issues are a real pain. My diabetes was totally out of control for quite a while. I was getting A1c readings of 10.4 even on pills and a long acting insulin. My doctor then added the fast acting insulin and my level dropped to 9.3 then again to 8.4. I hate having to take 3 or more shots a day, but at least it's starting to get back to a decent level.

I imagine you're crazy excited to finally see the grandbaby. I bet he's adorable. Keep us posted. ;) And happy belated birthday!! Are you 39 again like me? :lol:

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
OK. Here's an update.

Flunked my blood tests and have to go for a liver ultrasound end of this month. Diabetes is out of control too. Dr talking insulin but I am not having it. I will play with diet and pills. And I will win this one. I am stubborn.It is mind over matter, right? I hope I do not have to put off my back surgery. See, that is why I wanted it done first. Silly dr, I knew something else would come up. Sigh, goodbye Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.....

What does DH stand for? Sorry about his identity being stolen. How awful!

I am confident that you will get your diebetes under control. There are lots of great tasting sugar substitutes these days. :thumb:

:bday: weekend!

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
What does DH stand for? Sorry about his identity being stolen. How awful!

I am confident that you will get your diebetes under control. There are lots of great tasting sugar substitutes these days. :thumb:

:bday: weekend!

A few basics;
DH - dear hubby
DIL - daughter in law
DD - dear daughter
RL - real life
Anyway, that the idea behind the abbreviations. It took me awhile at first but once I got into the swing of it, I was able to guess most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread