Still smoking support and chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
I am sorry that you are getting stressed out about smoking a couple of cigarettes. It does happen to most of us, especially if we are in a situation where we always smoked. It took me some time, but I now am not bothered with thoughts of smoking even if I am sitting in a group of smokers. I just vape away. It is normal to get cravings or just consuming thoughts of smoking for quite a while after you are vaping full time. It is a mind trick.

Please do not be afraid that a few cigarettes will lead you back to smoking full time. Now that you know that you still can have cravings and thoughts of smoking you can make a plan to compensate for these situations. And having a cigarette or two will not derail your vaping success. Try not to let it stress you out - that will hurt you more than a couple of cigarettes. I think you are doing great!
Thank you!! :) I feel guilty but I doubt I'm going to go back to smoking. I feel so dirty and smelly when I smoke now and I have to factor in how much it's going to subtract from my day and my ease of breathing. I can't go back to it.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Sorry I couldn't respond before now, I'm just coming off a marathon work weekend with 5 shifts in 2 1/2 days. :blink:

Puff, don't be so hard on yourself. Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things there is to do and I think you're doing great. Everyone is entitled to a slip up now and then. At least you were able to go back to vaping where many people just give up after falling off the wagon. The good thing is you noticed how horrible they taste compared to your vape. That seems to be a helpful deterrent to most people.

Stress is a big trigger to light up, then when you do it stresses you that much more and it turns into a vicious circle. Jump back up on that wagon and hold on for dear life. You can do it. We're all rooting for you and here to help when you need it (when we're not being worked to death ;)).

It took me 3 tries in 4 years and then 4 months of dual use before I finally succeeded. You're already doing better than I did and I just celebrated my 2 year vapaversary on Thursday. :headbang:
Thank you!!!! Congratulations on your Vapaversary!!!!! :)

Reactions: Thayamax

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
If it was just up to me, I'd stick with WTA indefinitely; but I'm much too afraid of what the FDA is going to do, to be confident that WTA will even *exist* indefinitely -- much better to wean off it at my own pace, than because I have no choice. :thumb:

Andria

That is pretty much where I am in trying to drop from 12mg to 6mg. Every time I make the drop I find I chain vape worse that I normally do. So I am holding out for my DIY to be successful enough for me to have a couple of flavors that I can chain vape. Then I will slowly start dropping the nic level. Once I get down to the 6mg level or so I think I will be content to stay there for a while. Since I only use Russians and the Kayfun I think 6mg will give me any nic I need. Down the road I will eventually fully get off the nic.

I am totally addicted to my vaping, though. I do not think I would do well having to give it up at this time.

Reactions: AndriaD

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Sorry I couldn't respond before now, I'm just coming off a marathon work weekend with 5 shifts in 2 1/2 days. :blink:

It took me 3 tries in 4 years and then 4 months of dual use before I finally succeeded. You're already doing better than I did and I just celebrated my 2 year vapaversary on Thursday. :headbang:

Still working those crazy hours and shifts, I see. Hope you now have a couple of days off and you can enjoy them.

Super Congratulations on hitting your 2 year anniversary! Way to go!!! Here come some bananas for you:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:

I had to throw in a few of those weird dancing guys......

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Thanks, Shari! I know you're only about 10 days behind me, so yours is coming up very soon. :D

Yep, still working those crazy shifts and hours. I just got home from yet another midnight shift after all those hours I just did. To add insult to injury, we're having an inspection on Wednesday so I got stuck doing all kinds of extra cleaning on top of all the hours. I asked the boss if she was trying to kill me, but she denied it. Of course she had a nice 3 day weekend off. :censored: Now I finally have the next 3 days off to recuperate. :blink:

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California

Puff, don't be so hard on yourself. Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things there is to do and I think you're doing great. Everyone is entitled to a slip up now and then. At least you were able to go back to vaping where many people just give up after falling off the wagon. The good thing is you noticed how horrible they taste compared to your vape. That seems to be a helpful deterrent to most people.

Stress is a big trigger to light up, then when you do it stresses you that much more and it turns into a vicious circle. Jump back up on that wagon and hold on for dear life. You can do it. We're all rooting for you and here to help when you need it (when we're not being worked to death ;)).

Puff - Ditto what others have said.

Thaya - Congrats and Happy Vapeversary!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Since I have my no-smoke-a-versary coming up in 8 days... last night I ordered my present: ;)

evic-vt.jpg

Also some titanium wire to make it go TC-style... :D

Andria

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
Since I have my no-smoke-a-versary coming up in 8 days... last night I ordered my present: ;)

evic-vt.jpg

Also some titanium wire to make it go TC-style... :D

Andria
Nice anniversary present! :thumb:
My gf bought the exact same one at VaperCon West this past weekend. :D

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Well I've been looking for an affordable white mod for some time... When I ran across this one, I realized it was also TC, and the express kit was only $50, and I'm thinking, what a steal! :D I don't like the tanks they sell with them (they're neither Kayfuns nor Achilles RDAs!), and I already have 2 1amp charge cables, so I figured the express kit will do me just fine.

Still the most expensive mod I've bought so far. :D

Andria

Reactions: Puff2K

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
Im not sure how I would like a tc device, would want to try someone else's to see how I like it. I do have the 2 previous joytech evics though.

Im sore and tired, mowed sisters yard using her push mower (manual, old school) then about an hour in front of the fan trying to cool off. Weighed myself today. Only weight 20 pounds more than i thought I would. Should be able to drop the weight if I dont exercise, or ill gain weight from muscle.

Reactions: Puff2K

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I really hadn't imagined that I would care anything at all about a TC mod. But USMCotaku was discussing the Evic-VT he won in the 15mil post contest; he broke the clear tank segment of his kayfun, and without it of course, you can't tell you need a refill till you get that dreaded dry hit -- but he said with the TC, it basically "signals" him when it's time to refill, because as the wick gets dry, the TC makes it not fire enough to make much vapor -- and that's exactly what I need with my Achilles, to save me from checking it obsessively every 30 minutes! :D

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread