Still smoking support and chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
I'm just trying to get well. Woke up today feeling ok, but kinda gone downhill since then. :( I think it might be the 500/50 Advair; I'd been sticking with the 250/50 while I've been sick, but this morning used the 500/50, and shortly after that is when I started not feeling so hot, and had zero appetite at dinner. So I'm thinking it's just too high a dose of steroids for me, and I should just stick with the 250/50. Don't think I'll use either, at bedtime, and just use the 250/50 tomorrow when I get up.

Andria
Oh, my! Your immune system is getting an olympic workout. I hope you feel much better soon. Our vacation begins Friday. I have been trying to get everything finished so we can get out of Stubbville for a few weeks! We have been cramming around here. Can't wait to escape! Get well! --Suzette

Reactions: AndriaD

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hello my friends! I have survived my Oct. 1st back surgery and finally feel ok enough to get on this computer and post. I have missed you all.

Surgery went quite well. I have an approx. 7 inch incision down my mid to low back and some titanium rods in there. The first 10 days I wished I was dead, seriously, it was that bad. They made me go home after 4 days in the hospital because my insurance would not pay for a rehab facility. Rough going and unbelievable pain. But, on the positive side, I did not once use a bedpan! They got me out of bed on day one, with a walker, and I was able to toddle around a few feet or so a few times a day.

My progress is speeding up after 2 weeks or so post surgery. I still need the walker and my strength is slow coming back but I am feeling much better. No driving yet. I can walk across the room and back without the walker but then get quite wobbly. I can sleep through for 6 hours now. Much improved and getting a little better every few days.

I do not think I would have survived without my DH. No way could I do anything if I was alone those first 2 weeks. He is a blessing and a great help. I am still dependent on him for many things and it is driving me nuts. I am fighting to be totally independent; I am making progress there.

Thank goodness I had the forethought to clean all my gear and attys before the surgery. It has been a lifesaver. I took my Provari and 2 r91s with me to the hospital. Only was awake enough to use it the last day a bit. But not having to rewick or build a coil for a couple of weeks was priceless. Now I can get around well enough with my walker to get to the table to rewick when necessary. I have not once wanted a cigarette but I do find having my vape near me is comforting and I am vaping frequently.

It is uncomfortable for me to sit and type (or read) for more than a few minutes so I will go now. But I will stay in touch here more often. I do miss everyone.

Happy Halloween! Boo! Love and kisses to all!

Vape Suzette

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Hello my friends! I have survived my Oct. 1st back surgery and finally feel ok enough to get on this computer and post. I have missed you all.

Surgery went quite well. I have an approx. 7 inch incision down my mid to low back and some titanium rods in there. The first 10 days I wished I was dead, seriously, it was that bad. They made me go home after 4 days in the hospital because my insurance would not pay for a rehab facility. Rough going and unbelievable pain. But, on the positive side, I did not once use a bedpan! They got me out of bed on day one, with a walker, and I was able to toddle around a few feet or so a few times a day.

My progress is speeding up after 2 weeks or so post surgery. I still need the walker and my strength is slow coming back but I am feeling much better. No driving yet. I can walk across the room and back without the walker but then get quite wobbly. I can sleep through for 6 hours now. Much improved and getting a little better every few days.

I do not think I would have survived without my DH. No way could I do anything if I was alone those first 2 weeks. He is a blessing and a great help. I am still dependent on him for many things and it is driving me nuts. I am fighting to be totally independent; I am making progress there.

Thank goodness I had the forethought to clean all my gear and attys before the surgery. It has been a lifesaver. I took my Provari and 2 r91s with me to the hospital. Only was awake enough to use it the last day a bit. But not having to rewick or build a coil for a couple of weeks was priceless. Now I can get around well enough with my walker to get to the table to rewick when necessary. I have not once wanted a cigarette but I do find having my vape near me is comforting and I am vaping frequently.

It is uncomfortable for me to sit and type (or read) for more than a few minutes so I will go now. But I will stay in touch here more often. I do miss everyone.

Hi, ShariR: I remember reading a post where you mentioned back surgery, but did not know when you were going in. I was also a new member around here and even though I have belonged to this forum over four years, I never knew how to just jump in and write for some reason.

I am glad you made it through that kind of surgery. Oh, it's brutal. I had most of my C-spine replaced and it is titanium with a cage they built around it. I have had it done twice at different disc levels and they go in through the front of the neck. They just move the vocal cords out of the way and it is really miraculous what they can now do laparoscopically.

I also have ruptured discs in my lumbar spine that are almost impossible to deal with. L3-4 and L4-5. I saw my neuro surgeon's PA, and he went over my MRI report and I am scheduled to go back and discuss surgical options because I can't walk far without using a wheelchair or walker. The success rate is higher for C-spine surgery than lumbar surgery. Oh, how I wish they were the same! I don't know how you ever made it through, but I am so glad you did. That kind of pain is almost impossible to describe, let alone, live through.

I am going over surgical options, but the outlook does not look too promising for me. I'm going to learn more mid November. I know I have to do something, but I have had so many epidural steroid injections that I have lost count, and they have done me no good other than wear the bone down making it more porous. If my neuro surgeon thinks I can make it through and I have a good prognosis, I am going to do it. At this point, my pain level is at times unbearable and I have leg pain. I have had so many surgeries, but I hear from everyone that lumbar spine surgery is especially painful.

Did they place an epidural in, so when you woke you were not in screaming pain? I only ask because when I had a hysterectomy and oophorectomy along with removal of an ovarian tumor (stage one ovarian cancer) they had an epidural in place, and I woke up nearly painless. I am going to go over every possible method to make it easy on myself. I am a heart patient and have to have a stress test asap so I can be cleared for surgery -- if I decide to go through with it, but then again, I have little choice because I can't stay like this and drug therapy is out of the question. I am afraid of pain management because for some who need narcotic therapy the most, several patients have renamed it "pain mismanagement."

I have a great husband who has been there for me through every surgery, and I never would have made it through without him. It is wonderful you have made it through something so physically challenging. It gives me hope. I hope you get stronger everyday!!!

Reactions: ShariR

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
@ShariR - Yay, so glad for the update! I knew you would be fine, but it's still a relief to get confirmation. :wub:
Keep getting stronger. As soon as your able, follow your PT regimen. :thumb:
I was, and will continue to send healing energy your way. :nun:

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

Great to hear that you got thru all that, and that you're on the mend! Hopefully now your recuperation can speed up even more, with all your ECF friends rooting for you! Hang in there, and be sure to give your DH a big hug for being such a wonderful comfort and support!

{{{{{Shari & DH}}}}}

Andria

Claudia P

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Dayton, TN, USA
I'm happy to hear you are doing OK Shari, I hope you continue to make good progress and are back to yourself soon.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi, VS. Thank you for your good wishes. I have had 3 cervical spine fusions and this is my first lumbar spine fusion. The back fusions are a beast. This one made my neck fusions feel like having a splinter removed. But it is worth it for me, so far.

I went to my neurosurgeon Fri and he was thrilled with my progress. I can walk using my walker. I was able to do a little spin without the walker but walking for any distance is still quite painful and gives me bad leg and foot cramps/charlie horses. No driving yet but I have been ok'd for bending to pick something off the floor as long as there is no pain and I can get back up (that is questionable since my legs have turned to jelly). I still have quite severe pain, but the pain I am having is a different pain than I was living with before the surgery. So I am hopeful that as I heal the pain will lessen and the mobility will increase.

My doctor did not want to give me a lot of info before the surgery, probably afraid to scare me off. He now says it will be a good 6 months of healing before I can fly/take a long trip.

I am feeling much better at 5 weeks post surgery. Still taking lots of pain meds but I am more mobile. A trip to Walmart and riding on the cart and shopping for an hour wipes me out energy and pain wise for a day and a half. This will get better. I may get my attitude up and strut my walker into a decent restaurant in the next week or so. Frozen dinners and sandwiches are getting quite old. I need real food for my soul.

Do not be afraid to have the back surgery if your doctor feels it will help you. Get a second opinion. I had to get cleared by my cardiologist, too, for my surgery. I am almost 60 and overweight and I do feel better than before my surgery. It is real slow going for the healing, though. Much more difficult than neck fusions.

Good wishes your way.

Hi, ShariR: I remember reading a post where you mentioned back surgery, but did not know when you were going in. I was also a new member around here and even though I have belonged to this forum over four years, I never knew how to just jump in and write for some reason.

I am glad you made it through that kind of surgery. Oh, it's brutal. I had most of my C-spine replaced and it is titanium with a cage they built around it. I have had it done twice at different disc levels and they go in through the front of the neck. They just move the vocal cords out of the way and it is really miraculous what they can now do laparoscopically.

I also have ruptured discs in my lumbar spine that are almost impossible to deal with. L3-4 and L4-5. I saw my neuro surgeon's PA, and he went over my MRI report and I am scheduled to go back and discuss surgical options because I can't walk far without using a wheelchair or walker. The success rate is higher for C-spine surgery than lumbar surgery. Oh, how I wish they were the same! I don't know how you ever made it through, but I am so glad you did. That kind of pain is almost impossible to describe, let alone, live through.

I am going over surgical options, but the outlook does not look too promising for me. I'm going to learn more mid November. I know I have to do something, but I have had so many epidural steroid injections that I have lost count, and they have done me no good other than wear the bone down making it more porous. If my neuro surgeon thinks I can make it through and I have a good prognosis, I am going to do it. At this point, my pain level is at times unbearable and I have leg pain. I have had so many surgeries, but I hear from everyone that lumbar spine surgery is especially painful.

Did they place an epidural in, so when you woke you were not in screaming pain? I only ask because when I had a hysterectomy and oophorectomy along with removal of an ovarian tumor (stage one ovarian cancer) they had an epidural in place, and I woke up nearly painless. I am going to go over every possible method to make it easy on myself. I am a heart patient and have to have a stress test asap so I can be cleared for surgery -- if I decide to go through with it, but then again, I have little choice because I can't stay like this and drug therapy is out of the question. I am afraid of pain management because for some who need narcotic therapy the most, several patients have renamed it "pain mismanagement."

I have a great husband who has been there for me through every surgery, and I never would have made it through without him. It is wonderful you have made it through something so physically challenging. It gives me hope. I hope you get stronger everyday!!!

Reactions: rangerrobin

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
im still alive. had my birthday sunday, went out to eat with girlfriend and her dad. fell asleep at the resturaunt from exhaustion (insomnia has been acting up alot recently. using the time im awake to watch tv shows or refresh myself in programming languages.) lol. bought myself a TFV4 tank, im really liking it. having my first issues now with the tank leaking, but i think that is user error. the draw is not as open as my mutation xv4, but enough that i still enjoy the tank alot. what i bought secondhand (for $20!) didnt come with the premade coils, but the guy threw in the dial coil RBA that has to be purchased separately. mostly been bored all day trying to find something to entertain me and child.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Wow. Where is everyone???

I am making progress. Once a day I try to walk from one room to another without the walker. I can go a little bit further every few days. Went to Kohl's with just my walker (and DH to drive and carry things :)) and was able to get around the store enough to buy a winter coat. That is a big deal down here in the South. Not all stores carry winter weight coats and jackets.

I am in need of more batteries from RTDVapor. If someone sees a coupon code let me know or post here. Who carries real Kebo Russian 91% or Svoemesto Kayfun Lite rba? I do not remember and I have no luck with the search function here.

I almost ran out of my all day vape and was actually feeling anxious while waiting for vapemail to arrive. So it cements my thought that I am no where near giving up my vaping or dropping to zero nic anytime soon.

I hope everyone is well. I would hate to see this thread close from lack of posting.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm here... Finally got over that wretched sinus infection. Down to 1.4% WTA and 5.5mg nicotine now, so I'm a little behind on my WTA reduction, but right on time for my nicotine reduction for cold weather -- it's the nic reduction that has slowed down the WTA reduction, because I won't reduce them at the same time -- last week I mixed up 30ml at 6mg and dropped to the 1.4%, yesterday I mixed up 30ml at 5.5mg, but staying at 1.4% -- next Sunday I'll mix another 30ml, staying at 5.5mg and dropping to 1.2%.

What probably pleases me most is knowing that 30ml gets me thru a full week -- which means I'm down to roughly 4.3ml a day, though when I used Kayfuns full-time, I was vaping 6-8ml per day. So I'm not just using less "active ingredients," I'm actually vaping less, too. :thumb:

Glad you're feeling better, Shari!!! :thumb:

Andria

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
Hi Shari, sounds like you’re making great progress. :thumb:

A bunch of Black Friday sales will be posted later this week, but here are some early ones:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/deals-and-steals.418767/page-184#post-16926301

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forums/ecf-suppliers-november-madness-specials-2015.926/

I’ve got a couple on-line shopping carts full, but I’m waiting until at least Wednesday bc I know there will be even bigger deals. Happy Shopping!

Speedy recovery,
Robin

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Well before everyone gets too busy and the day escapes "Us" all . ..

I Just Wanted To Stop By And Say . . .

thanksgiving-scene-animated.gif

Be "You" Spending This Special Day

As Just - One . . .

Turkeydinner01forkknive.gif

Or - Even Two . . .

msn_smile048.gif

With - Just Family . . .

m73qhr7rgl7.gif

Or - With Family & Friends. . .
Even a Neighbor or Two - Maybe A Few . . .

FamilyWaves01.gif

Enjoying A Feast of THANKSGIVING . . .

699567__desktop-wallpaper-thanksgiving-candlelight-feast-background_t.jpg

I would like to send

BEST WISHES
THG_wishbone02.gif
FOR A

happyturkeyday-1.gif

And - All This Day Has To Offer . . .

To - "YOU" & "YOURS"

Turkeys_gobble01.gif

NOW - Remember To Give

THANKS

For What "You" Have & Those In "Your" Life . . .

Cause This Just May Be "You" Next Year . . .
Thanksgiving574.gif

Just Sayin' . . .;)

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Here is a late HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all!

No cooking here. Had a takeout turkey meal from Cracker Barrel. It was surprisingly pretty good. Yeah! for no dishes.

Ahlusion is running a 40% off sale so if any of you are thinking of trying their liquids, now is the time. No coupon code, discount shows up when you put items in your cart. This is the only brand I vape for the past year or so.

RTDVapor is running 15% off through the weekend. Batteries, chargers, etc. I only buy AW batteries from them. Good vendor.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi all. Where is everyone? I have never seen this thread so silent for so long. Hope it means everyone is busy and doing well.

I am now walking without the walker in the house. Yeah!!! Still need it for any shopping trips and I am still not driving. Driving is still painful and I will not take the chance that I can not slam on the brakes if I need to.

I ordered a dozen AW batteries, my favorite eliquid, and some insulators for my Russian 91% and Kayfun Lite. The insulators were from Kidney Puncher and come 5 for $5. They should insure that my R91s will last a lifetime, as long as I can stock up on glass center tanks. I already have a bunch of orings.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, in case I don't get back here before hand.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Hi all. Where is everyone? I have never seen this thread so silent for so long. Hope it means everyone is busy and doing well.

I am now walking without the walker in the house. Yeah!!! Still need it for any shopping trips and I am still not driving. Driving is still painful and I will not take the chance that I can not slam on the brakes if I need to.

I ordered a dozen AW batteries, my favorite eliquid, and some insulators for my Russian 91% and Kayfun Lite. The insulators were from Kidney Puncher and come 5 for $5. They should insure that my R91s will last a lifetime, as long as I can stock up on glass center tanks. I already have a bunch of orings.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, in case I don't get back here before hand.

I give this post
likex10000.png

for your recuperation!! I know you're thrilled to be able to walk around your own home without a walker! Also for the stocking up, though the reason for the stocking up, I'd have to give 10,000 hates!

We're going up to my parents today; a week early on the housework, but next weekend we'll need to go up and help her finish her xmas prepping, so that maybe she can stay awake on xmas this year; past 2 yrs, she didn't sleep for a couple days before xmas, and we swore we were going to prevent that this year! She just needs extra hands and legs, since she's stuck in a wheelchair, in a home that wasn't designed for a wheelchair. So next weekend we'll be Stepin Fetchit. :D

Keep hanging in there! Soon you'll be even better than your old self, thx to the surgery! :thumbs:

Andria

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Thanks Andria. I am pleased with my progress and am hopeful for a great outcome. Progress seems to come in bursts. One week I can not do something then, the next time I try it I can do it.

Lucky you to have a parent to celebrate Christmas with. Enjoy her while you can. It is a little melancholy to be the only one left in immediate family, except for my son. You swear you don't miss them but can not help the missing during the holidays. We do not even put up the tree anymore; the kitty would destroy it and the ornaments. I might order a cooked turkey dinner from Publix for Christmas so it feels more like a holiday without the prep mess. Got DH Miami Dolphins tshirt, sweatshirt and pants so he can be properly decked out for football watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread