The Womper Woom, Womp it again Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Right but it keeps changing. Nothing about the tank has changed the mod just keeps changing its mind.

I kinda like the mod but its buggy as heck. Was using a Cuboid Mini with this tootle tank and never had any trouble. May end up just going back to that unless I can figger this out.
possibly due to current battery level. Mod says ok, you can use this coil at this wattage.....oh wait, less battery, now you can only use it at this wattage, etc etc. My Radius will do something similar, but the message I receive is "OP"

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I am looking real hard at this puppy right now LOL god help me someone sent me to fasttech. $170 in the cart now :p

$22.59 Terminator 18650 Drip Nebulizer Vaporizer Kit - 10ml / 1*18650 / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I have a terminator, it was my first squonker. The mod itself isn't horrible, the atomizer is not good. Probably better off with the frankenskull, if you don't want to wait for the coppervape to come back in stock.

No, it would have to be a squonker. I don't really NEED a tc mod. If I got one, and it died, even if it died like 3 years from now, I'd be po'd.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
The terminator is an intro, but kinda sucks... still, for $22ish...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
The Frankenskull just kinda looked badly made to me on fast tech (ok being honest it looked like a short waiting to happen). I am looking for a beater squonkbox for out and about. I own 3 REOs and love them but my 2 metal ones are standards and I dont have many attys that fit them. The Woody will fit the larger attys but it doesn't leave the house.

Edit: My concern is how relatively unsupported that battery is inside the body of it.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The Frankenskull just kinda looked badly made to me on fast tech (ok being honest it looked like a short waiting to happen). I am looking for a beater squonkbox for out and about. I own 3 REOs and love them but my 2 metal ones are standards and I dont have many attys that fit them. The Woody will fit the larger attys but it doesn't leave the house.
I have a Frankie, and it is far and away superior to the Terminator. Smaller, and lighter, true mech...

$19.22 Free Shipping FrankenSkull Styled Mechanical Mod Kit (PC + SS, White) at m.FastTech.com

Less money, too...

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

Edit: My concern is how relatively unsupported that battery is inside the body of it.
The battery is in there TIGHT. It is braced on one side by the box, and the other side by the bottle.

The only drawback to the Frankie is the bottle. They are stiff...

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

The switch/battery design of the frankenskull is actually similar to the reo p67, I think.

The terminator works, it has a tendency to fall over though, and the switch is wired not mechanical, so I'm not sure how much current it can handle.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
The battery is in there TIGHT. It is braced on one side by the box, and the other side by the bottle.

The only drawback to the Frankie is the bottle. They are stiff...

The bottle should be changeable to something easier on the hands if necessary. God knows I have 100 REO bottles I could swap in.

Edit: Is it worse than the Kanger Dripbox? Those are pretty stiff to squonk too.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The bottle should be changeable to something easier on the hands if necessary. God knows I have 100 REO bottles I could swap in.

Edit: Is it worse than the Kanger Dripbox? Those are pretty stiff to squonk too.
Because of placement, the Kangers are a little easier... the bottles are about the same...

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Because of placement, the Kangers are a little easier... the bottles are about the same...

ok that would be doable until I got around to changing it for a softer bottle. Switching the terminator in the cart for the Frankenskull. Dang I need to get the red one so I can name it Frankenberry!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The switch/battery design of the frankenskull is actually similar to the reo p67, I think.

The terminator works, it has a tendency to fall over though, and the switch is wired not mechanical, so I'm not sure how much current it can handle.

What gauge wire on the switch?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
What gauge wire on the switch?
Not sure but here's someone's pic, similar wire on the negative.
DSC06971.jpg

Now that I'm thinking about it, one issue with the terminator/smokeless owl was the way the button is designed you're pushing the button down to bring the metal ring on the button down to make contact with the other ring, and you often didn't get good contact.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Actually, this was my guess when I was using it:
I think the contact issue, if I'm looking at it correctly, is that when you depress the button it actually has to contact both the battery, and the upper ring of the button post has to make good contact with the washer that the red wire is soldered to.

Here's the thread I'm looking at 25.00 Smokless owl Squonker

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Dangerous squonker is DANGEROUS!

If you got a short in the atty neither wire would handle the current, it would melt the insulation and just not be a good day.
I kind of figure a short on any unregulated mod is a bad thing, though I'm hopeful the hot spring on my REO provides at least some protection.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I kind of figure a short on any unregulated mod is a bad thing, though I'm hopeful the hot spring on my REO provides at least some protection.
Yes indeed bad all around, but the collapsing spring in your REO should give you time to toss it aside safely. :thumbs:

The closest I would personally go to a mech would need a Mosfet in it at least. Something like that old Dovpo GX200 maybe, it wasn't the greatest but it had some good safety features.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Well if it makes you feel any better one week after I got my first REO I had an A7 short out on me. The heat spring collapsed so fast it took me awhile to figure out why the dang thing would not fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread