Tilemahos new rebuildable part (springomizer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I am bodering you guys with questions last few days but I have to, I lost track of things in vaping world last one and a half years and now I am mising a lot of info. :(

I am planning to order wires from same place I'm ordering Tilemahos but never used neither Ti or SS.

Which wires should I get so I can make resistance around 1.8-2ohm?

Things are stock are:

SS: 0.30 (29AWG), 0.40(26AWG), 0.50 (24AWG) and 0.60 (22AWG)

TI: 0.40(26AWG) and 0.50 (24AWG)

Also, at another store I've found TI wires 0.18, 0.25, and 0.38mm.

If anyone who is using Tilemahos springomiser has experience with this, help would be appreciated. :thumbs:

Reactions: imeothanasis

tifozi

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2016
Athens, Greece
You will have problems building a 1.8Ω resistance with SS or Ti wires. The SS & Ti have quite low resistance.

It would be better to use the ready SS springs that GG makes for Tilemahos. There are two: 1ohm and 1.5ohm springs. Get the latter.

If you like to build your own coil for 1.8-2.0 Ohm then you should use Kanthal A1 type of wire, 29AWG or 28AWG, but KanthalA1 is not made for temperature control (TC). Here is a link of a coil calculator that might help you with this: Coil wrapping

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Thank you for this great calculator.

According to that, with Titanium wire grade 1 0.18mm building the coil with 2.5 dimeter or 2.7 (as I read it's perfect fit for Tilemahos springomiser) you need 9-10 wraps which I should be able to do with Coil Master. even if it's 1.5-1.6 ohm it should be ok but the calculator says it's doable.

With selection of SS wire is harder because with 0.3 316L wire I would need to have 16 wraps which I believe wont work good or at all. But if I manage to find 0.2 316L SS wire then I would get 1.8 ohm with only 7.5 or 8 wraps, depending if diameter is 25 or 27mm.

Generally, the leason is - smaller diameter of wire makes higher resistance.

So it really seems doable. :thumbs:

Thank you once again for the calculator, it's great tool.

gekka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Germany
Thank you for this great calculator.

According to that, with Titanium wire grade 1 0.18mm building the coil with 2.5 dimeter or 2.7 (as I read it's perfect fit for Tilemahos springomiser) .

The outer diameter of the springs is 3.6mm. With 0.18mm wire you need an internal diameter of 3 - 2*0.18 = 3,24 mm.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I will make it easy for you Moon. I suggest you a 0,25 SS wire to make a coil around a 3,1 mm drill. Make 12 turns and you will be ok. The working threads will be around 8-9 because the other threads will be on the slots of the posts of springomizer

Last edited:

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Me happy. :D

I will have my Tilemahos X1 in my hands this week. :drool:

And now to bother you for the last time (maybe :lol:):

Does anyone know Europe base store where I can find 0,2mm Ti Grade 1 wire and 0,25 SS 316L wire? I found few of them but I would like a recommendation for a store that really sell what they say it is.

Also, what cotton do you recommend? Few times when I was building coils on GG's long time ago I was using simple cotton from a pharmacy store, it's made in Serbia and it says 100% hydrophilic cotton, without chemical additives or mechanical contamination, not bleached.

P.S. Next step - Proteus. Hope there will be few of them in stock in about 20 days. :unsure:

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Does anyone know Europe base store where I can find 0,2mm Ti Grade 1 wire and 0,25 SS 316L wire? I found few of them but I would like a recommendation for a store that really sell what they say it is.

I get most of my wires from zivipf which is located in Germany. They have a great reputation here, but I'm sure other GG freaks will chime in and let us know if their wire isn't the real deal.
They have Ti1 .2mm and SS316L .25mm in stock. I have .34mm Ti1 and .25mm SS316L from them and I think they're legit :)

Titanium Wire - Zivipf Onlineshop

Last edited:
Reactions: Moonwalker

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Thank you once again, I listened to your advice and ordered Cotton Bacon V2, not bits. I believe the difference is only in package size so I took bigger one as we don't have it here.

Once again, thank you and all the other guys for answering all of my questions. I am now armed with info and ordered everything I needed. I won't be bodering you with questions any more. :p

Fesso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Quick question, will there be parts for the Tilly coming soon?
I broke my 23mm clear tank so need a new one... at least I was smart and ordered a spare SS tank when I ordered my X1.... thank goodness. I do prefer the clear tank so I can see how much liquid is in there....

I would also really like a brass top cap/collar and a brass air control ring for 23mm Tilly.

Are these parts coming soon? I pre-ordered a brass Cybrillion from the Golden Greek store and if I knew the Tilly parts were coming soon I would ask them to hold my order and ship all at once...

Can you advise Imeo?

I am super excited for my Cybrillion!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread