Tilemahos new rebuildable part (springomizer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Quick question, will there be parts for the Tilly coming soon?
I broke my 23mm clear tank so need a new one... at least I was smart and ordered a spare SS tank when I ordered my X1.... thank goodness. I do prefer the clear tank so I can see how much liquid is in there....

I would also really like a brass top cap/collar and a brass air control ring for 23mm Tilly.

Are these parts coming soon? I pre-ordered a brass Cybrillion from the Golden Greek store and if I knew the Tilly parts were coming soon I would ask them to hold my order and ship all at once...

Can you advise Imeo?

I am super excited for my Cybrillion!
Thanks!
congratulations for your Cybrillion Fes! As for the brass parts, they will not be available soon, sorry for that. Also, clear tanks are ready and some sellers maybe they have it already. Please check their sites and keep an eye the next few days :)

Reactions: woita

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Received some Zirconium coils from The Golden Greek Store and I want to tell that Im so pleased with the difference. I can even feel much better flavor from it.

I want to know if FMS will carry then or if it is available by meters so we can make our own springomizer coils.

Update: Ijust saw FMS has the springs so order is made for some more!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
Received some Zirconium coils from The Golden Greek Store and I want to tell that Im so pleased with the difference. I can even feel much better flavor from it.

I want to know if FMS will carry then or if it is available by meters so we can make our own springomizer coils.

Update: Ijust saw FMS has the springs so order is made for some more!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yeah, I've been using Z coils for a while now and find better flavour a very easy to clean. It doesn't oxidise so after a sonic bath to remove gunk I heat it a little to burn off stubborn bits. Really fantastic material.:hubba::wub:

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
i brought Zr wire at 0,35mm but its springy Kei. You can make coils only via the special tool for coils, so I will sell it very cheap. I will send it to my sellers soon! :)
Hi imeo, what specific tool do speak of. Something like coil master?:nun::hubba::blush:

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
Yes Yaya.
Zirconio 0.35mm is the best wire I ever tested and tasted. But it's very springy.
We can make our springs or our coils with a coil master BUT we must choose a 0.5 thiner coiler part.
For example:
If we want a 2.5mm inner diameter coil, we have to use the 2.0mm coiler part.
If we want a 3mm inner diameter coil, we have to use the 2.5mm coiler part... etc

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Testing the zirconium springs for the very first time...

It looks like the zirconium springs are much better than the stainless steel springs, I can feel a cleaner taste, and as they are shorter than the ss ones, are easier to install.

I have noticed that the stainless steel springs tend to deform with time and the heat applied (loosing its spring force at the heating section), are the zirconium springs more resistant to this?

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
Testing the zirconium springs for the very first time...

It looks like the zirconium springs are much better than the stainless steel springs, I can feel a cleaner taste, and as they are shorter than the ss ones, are easier to install.

I have noticed that the stainless steel springs tend to deform with time and the heat applied (loosing its spring force at the heating section), are the zirconium springs more resistant to this?
Hi Ariel. Yes, in my experience Z coils are resistant to deformation. I've always had this problem with SS coils.:evil::angel:

Nikoalos

Jun 21, 2016
Stuttgart
I'm very happy with the cybrillion/Tilemahos X1. Absolutely stunning device! :) I use it daily and both work together perfect.
A friend of mine has the same combi but can't use it because of coughing fits. We tested every Springomizer coil, different cotton and Liquids. No chance. He has no problems with a pico/nautilus mini device. Sounds weird to me. Has anyone a similar experience with the T-X1 ?

Reactions: imeothanasis

gekka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Germany
I'm very happy with the cybrillion/Tilemahos X1. Absolutely stunning device! :) I use it daily and both work together perfect.
A friend of mine has the same combi but can't use it because of coughing fits. We tested every Springomizer coil, different cotton and Liquids. No chance. He has no problems with a pico/nautilus mini device. Sounds weird to me. Has anyone a similar experience with the T-X1 ?
Did you try the low ohm or the zirconum springs, too?

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr

Maybe Cybrillion hits at 20+watts (new battery) and your friend vapes lower with Pico??
:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México

I think it could be a contact problem, so the spring is not heating properly.

My advice is:

Disassemble the Tilemahos, clean all the parts and assemble it again, tightening very well the components of the positive pin, that will ensure a good positive and negative contact on the rebuildable part (the positive pin also serves to secure the base of the negative post against the housing).

Then screw very tight the rebuildable part in the base.

That way you can discard that the problem could be at the assembling, then you can focus in the spring installation only.

I had similar problems at first and I didn't know the cause (I was using ss springs), after some tests and expriments (with SS and homemade Kanthal springs) this are

My personal conclusions:

The springs have to fit snug and tight in the slots, to guarantee a proper contact at both ends. If the spring moves up / down easily at one of its ends, is an indication that that side will not make proper contact and the spring will not heat properly / evenly.

Never heat the spring without wick and liquid, as the heat could affect the phisical properties of it (e.g. losing it spring force or deforming one of the coils).

When inserting the spring, ensure it does not gets deformed.

A shorter spring works better, it makes better contact, the coils will be evenly spaced (a longer spring tends to bend if there are too many coils inside the heating section). I calculate the proper size and cut the excess before inserting the spring

Kanthal is softer than stainless steel, a kanthal spring will have less spring force, so it could be more difficult to get a good contact.

In the springomizer, the cotton wicks work much better than rayon ones: rayon tends to contract with the liquid and cotton tends to expand a little, so it is easier to calculate the amount of cotton to use for the wick.

I always cut one end of the wick flush with the channel, then pull a little from the other end, so the juice channel is practically free, then cut the other end and push both ends of the wick, to make them fluffy and of a larger surface.

Ensure that when screwing the mouthpiece, it does not moves the wick ends:

Screw and unscrew the mouthpiece and check the wick ends, if the mouthpiece is moving the wick, you will see a gap between the wick and the top of the housing / channels.

By the way, have you tried to switch the battery?, maybe the battery is not supplying the required current to heat the spring properly.

If you haven't done yet, get some zirconium springs, are more durable, easier to install, no need to cut them, less prone to deform, produce better flavor, better contact, etc. I haven't had any problem with zirconium springs.

Nikoalos

Jun 21, 2016
Stuttgart
Thnak you Ariel ...

Then screw very tight the rebuildable part in the base.
Yes, I Did it .. very tight.

The springs have to fit snug and tight in the slots, to guarantee a proper contact at both ends. If the spring moves up / down easily at one of its ends, is an indication that that side will not make proper contact and the spring will not heat properly / evenly.
We did so.

Never heat the spring without wick and liquid, as the heat could affect the phisical properties of it (e.g. losing it spring force or deforming one of the coils).
You are right, we didn't.

When inserting the spring, ensure it does not gets deformed.
We did so.

Ensure that when screwing the mouthpiece, it does not moves the wick ends:
Yes, there is no wick to move.

Screw and unscrew the mouthpiece and check the wick ends, if the mouthpiece is moving the wick, you will see a gap between the wick and the top of the housing / channels.
We checked, no problem.

By the way, have you tried to switch the battery?, maybe the battery is not supplying the required current to heat the spring properly.
Yes, he has different batteries ... SONY, LG, Efeast

If you haven't done yet, get some zirconium springs, are more durable, easier to install, no need to cut them, less prone to deform, produce better flavor, better contact, etc. I haven't had any problem with zirconium springs.
We tried SS springs 0,6 to 1,4 Ohm and finally Zirconium. Nothing changed :(

---

The other fact is that he tried my device (I never had problems) and instantly began to cough.
His Pico is working at 10W and 1,78 Ohm coil, the Cybrillion I think is at least at 20W +/-
I'll give him your suggestions, he should work the check-list .. maybe it helps.

Thanks a lot !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread