Vision ViVi NOVA V2.5 Comes with three different ohm Twist-on coil heads, built from ground up; color metal tubes & replaceable coil heads coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocephus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kansas
Got mine today and its working great so far. As far as the wobble it does wobble a bit but if you have a ego connection just get or throw one of those 3.5 ml thread covers on and you should be good.

The post sticks out a fair amount but they do in most of the CE2's so if you just use a couple devices with the same type of batter connections I would think you could shave down the post a tad and might make it more stable but do so at your own risk and only if you are "handy" and know what you are doing.

It is a few bucks more but a ego adapter and a 3.5ml tank cone should be a solid fix and they are nice to have anyways. The 5ml ego tank cone might be a tad to big as this nova looks to be just a little smaller in diameter but I dont have one to test out.

On the tank coloring I might be crazy but a while back wasnt someone selling colored slip on tank sleeves? Might be something to also look for at craft store or online for some kind of clear colored cellophane type tubing. You find a close diameter you should be able to cut it to length and use a hair dryer to fit it tight.

BOREMAN

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
RVing the USA
Waiting on my vivi too come in...should be here Monday. Was wondering if there are any easy ways to color the plastic tubes? Would really like to make it a blue tank, and don't really want the metal tube. I like to see how much juice I got left....:p
Colored window tint. Google it and a whole bunch of websites come up. A lot of them will send you free samples (just pay the shipping). Vaporessence tanks give you an options of tint colors with their tanks. They send two small window tint colored squares you can use. I purchased one quite some ago with the green tint and red tint. Applies easy and lasts and looks good. I have found a lot of places on Internet for colored window tint. It does exist out there. I have also found large assortment at our local Hobby Lobby (craft store). Even some with various patterns and themes. Good luck !!!!

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Looks like the Vivi has more possibilities for future use and more easily rewick and wirable than the Stardust too - then with a metal tube it'll be the cheapest rebuildable option available! :rickroll:

Amen Barefoot. I wish they would just cut to the chase and start making rebuildable attie/tank systems. Business dictates a consumable, so we can keep throwing money at it.The only consumable for vaping should be Kanthal/Wick/Juice IMO.This design is cool though. If they ever do a clone of the "Line V2", @ $20.00, I'll buy 10 of em'-One for each of my fav Juice.

I would LOVE to know make/manufacture of the wicking material..thats the crap shoot..Kanthal is a no brainer..Could it be Silica? Ceramic? By what Manufacture?

I hope by weeks end, someone like Rockin' Rob has it broken down and posted on Youtube....

Last edited:

trevor148

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2011
Thomasville, GA
Commercially available reparable attys are kind of a pipe dream. Who is going to make them and stay in business. I'm sure most manufactures don't produce their own wick and coil material, and even if they did how much would they make from it. The only way to keep someone going back to the manufacturer is to have the product or parts of the product only they make that eventually fail. Sure there is customer loyalty and the creation of new products but for something repairable you cant count on that.

Just look at dcc tanks what going to stop you from buying it then buying some other brand of cartos and punching them yourself.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
its a niche product and in the end doesnt affect other sales, also when you take into consideration that certain countries like korea and other places, they alone will buy 100,000 +, when you add in america and the everyone else they will be just fine with the sales they recieve and people who like them will buy more then 1 if the price is right etc..

people are cleaning the products and making them last longer, and while some people thing they are tyring to stop that, it simply isnt the case, if they make a good product they have the world to buy form them and not just one territory

look at the vivi nova, its in the same vein as a rebuildable. you buy the tank and thats it, just buy heads form that point on, buy a metal tube and you dont need another vivi, but hobbyist like all of us, many will get 2, buy another one later on, purchase ohm heads , want different color tubes, so its not a loss to them as one might think. the same can done to a rebuildable.

Last edited:

Shiryo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
SoCal
I can't wait to see them, and how they profit on them in the long run. I cant be the only person who would buy one device and then stock up on kanthal and wick cheap.

They do make rebuildable atties, they run about $100-$150. As far as the ViVi Nova, this is the best thing i've seen on the market next to the io6 Atty...

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
I too am hoping they can handle a little more voltage than the stardust. Dual coil won't help because it is a wicking issue. If they can't wick enough juice for 1 coil ain't no way it is going to feed 2. IMO dual coil is only good for carto's and even then all they do is eat a ton of power and can't even match what a 510 atty can do....
I think that depends on how you do it. If you run separate wicks to each coil (like the one Steve K reviewed) you fix both the wicking and power issues. It really seems obvious to me, 2x4ohm coils would run all day at 5v and put out clouds like nothing else. I plan to try the ones Steve reviewed, but I'd love to see some of that vision technology applied to the concept

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
its a niche product and in the end doesnt affect other sales, also when you take into consideration that certain countries like korea and other places, they alone will buy 100,000 +, when you add in america and the everyone else they will be just fine with the sales they recieve and people who like them will buy more then 1 if the price is right etc..

people are cleaning the products and making them last longer, and while some people thing they are tyring to stop that, it simply isnt the case, if they make a good product they have the world to buy form them and not just one territory

look at the vivi nova, its in the same vein as a rebuildable. you buy the tank and thats it, just buy heads form that point on, buy a metal tube and you dont need another vivi, but hobbyist like all of us, many will get 2, buy another one later on, purchase ohm heads , want different color tubes, so its not a loss to them as one might think. the same can done to a rebuildable.

Your spot on about them being a "niche product ". Theres a guy right now in the classified section wanting to TRADE a rebuildable atty for some pre-made wick and coils (50 sets). Not all of us have the time or skill set to rebuild them. There will always be a market, and a large one, for the Nova's and all variations of. Master craftmen like Zen~ & Van need to step up the pace before China gets smart....If I were them, I would cut into my profit margin a bit, hire more help, or farm out to a larger production facilty. It's just a matter of time.

Line V2's , Z-Atty, BulliSmoker, Odysseus, and such, are getting stupid prices used, and the waiting list for any of these high end's is long (Due to 1 or 2 man manufacturing). The price is right for a hand crafted piece, but like I keep saying...No matter how good they are, there useless, if you can't get one......:(.

My first e-cig was the ego C , simply because the atty/wick spike plate could be broken down and cleaned/repaired. The Nova, I hope can been done the same way. The eGo atty's are around $5 apiece, where the Nova's will be half that. A major step in the right direction, but still not quit there (fully rebuildable and designed as such).....fingers crossed....

Last edited:

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
I have a line V2 and another on it's way to me but I still like the disposables to take to work. I am a hvac tech so I am doing things like replacing AC compressors or coils and such. I use the disposable clearomizers and atty's so if I break them no big deal but I use my Line while driving to the next job or at home. I tried to teach my wife how to set up my line and she gave up within minutes. Even if I set it up for her shorts pop up every now and again so she would have to tinker to get rid of it. She is very smart but tinkering isn't her thing so viva nova is about as close to a rebuildable as she will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread