• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

>>>Welcome to SGVapers, Newbies Introduce Yourself here!<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

valerian

Nov 19, 2017
Hi all. new to the scene - 10 years a smoker, always thought vape was a gimmick (and especially watching some of my young friends [i.e. just out of army] try them) and that it was all for flavour kicks. took my first serious puff a couple of months back, and became slightly amazed that it actually fulfilled my nicotine cravings.

further - my initial impression of vaping was that it was just involving fancy kits to play with but i soon realized that there was a whole world of rebuilding and tinkering with your setup right there - which really intrigued me as i am fond of fiddling with my gadgets ranging from building my own high end gaming pc with a ....load of LED lights to servicing my own fishing reels.

been binge watching alot of youtube videos and my hands have been very itchy (and my wallet feeling much lighter) due to some shopping sprees lately. sadly i find that the available retail options have rather limited stock - 60% of the funky stuff that are always reviewed on youtube dont seem to be sold - for example no shop seems to have the ohmmeter/build deck that i want sigh.

but oh wells. tempted to import in from overseas from some sellers that seem to ship here...but dare not take the risk - a black mark will ruin my career.

oh well, gonna be browsing the threads in the next few days and nice to meet everyone.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Hi all. new to the scene - 10 years a smoker, always thought vape was a gimmick (and especially watching some of my young friends [i.e. just out of army] try them) and that it was all for flavour kicks. took my first serious puff a couple of months back, and became slightly amazed that it actually fulfilled my nicotine cravings.

further - my initial impression of vaping was that it was just involving fancy kits to play with but i soon realized that there was a whole world of rebuilding and tinkering with your setup right there - which really intrigued me as i am fond of fiddling with my gadgets ranging from building my own high end gaming pc with a ....load of LED lights to servicing my own fishing reels.

been binge watching alot of youtube videos and my hands have been very itchy (and my wallet feeling much lighter) due to some shopping sprees lately. sadly i find that the available retail options have rather limited stock - 60% of the funky stuff that are always reviewed on youtube dont seem to be sold - for example no shop seems to have the ohmmeter/build deck that i want sigh.

but oh wells. tempted to import in from overseas from some sellers that seem to ship here...but dare not take the risk - a black mark will ruin my career.

oh well, gonna be browsing the threads in the next few days and nice to meet everyone.
Nice post. Was looking for the expected, "where do I buy xxxx from?" and glad you didn't.

Anyway, a couple of people do import via mail but that's risky. You're leaving it totally up to chance.

Frankly I'd suggest you take a short drive 30min north and get your kit from there.

Lots of vape businesses still operate in J-town. Find them on FB, message or whatsapp them. Took just 10 min to find 5 sellers who would message back and have a conversation. It's really easy.

And while some of them claim they deliver, you have to decide on the risk.

Good luck.

Cloudy44

Moved On
Sep 3, 2017

Nice to meet a vaper like u here. Cheers.
Vaping is so much better than smoking in so many ways. I vape 12% nic levels juices and it's just perfect.

Problem right now is shipping juices and mod spare parts in locally.
A few months ago, shipping them in here is pretty easy... Now, there's totally no way at all.
CA Customs has fully ramped up efforts to seize anything related to e-cigs.
I just got my frikkin packs of sub ohm coils seized. F**k! I got letter of warning prior to this... But i don't give a f**k and took another risk.
Seriously, i didn't expect those a*sholes to seize my coils at all coz it would just be identified as pieces of small round cylinders in the xray.
This sucks coz i need them urgently.
Guess i gotta look for other alternatives now.

Reactions: mrmoomoo

Cloudy44

Moved On
Sep 3, 2017
Nice post. Was looking for the expected, "where do I buy xxxx from?" and glad you didn't.

Anyway, a couple of people do import via mail but that's risky. You're leaving it totally up to chance.

Frankly I'd suggest you take a short drive 30min north and get your kit from there.

Lots of vape businesses still operate in J-town. Find them on FB, message or whatsapp them. Took just 10 min to find 5 sellers who would message back and have a conversation. It's really easy.

And while some of them claim they deliver, you have to decide on the risk.

Good luck.
Lotsa scammers out there.
A drive up north to get supplys would be the best solution.

I just wanna say this to all vapers here...
Forget about ordering online and receiving them via mail.
Customs would seize anything related to e-cigs. They are real smart at identifying mods and mod spares now.

valerian

Nov 19, 2017
thanks for the tips everyone.

was chatting with the customer service rep via the online chat app of a pretty reputable site, and even she was telling me: "you know e cigarette total ban in your country?" and went on to elaborate that even if they tried all sorts of creative shipping options - the customs in our country (compared to our regional neighbours) was very vigilant. so well, that option is out i guess. cooler heads prevail.

and yes, i take nice long night drives across - there is very good vietnamese coffee very near where you restock on supplies :p and foot massage. too bad cannot vape while getting massaged - that would be a real treat. thankfully i've been going to jb for many years now so the experience of purchasing there was not as intimidating compared to others who dont go there regularly.

like i said, i am only slightly disappointed that they always have problems like stock issues (for specific colour schemes) and a slightly more limited collection for kits and spare parts (because i am very niao about colour scheme :'( ). plenty of juice options though. but yeah. beggars cant be choosers.

have a good week ahead everyone.

Jobunny

Jan 12, 2018
Hey vapers! I'm new to this forum but I started vaping for around a year. Definitely loving the experience! Had a few RTAs and RDAs. Love to rebuild. Currently using 5 wraps 24g kanthal parallel 28gx32 kanthal clapton in the Druga RDA reading 0.233ohms set up on the VGOD elite mech mod. My first mech mod so far. Loving the clouds it produced and the satisfaction of rebuilding myself. Sigh... only if its legal to vape. Won't have to live like bandits and hide to survive in this society. Currently super tempted to try to order a particular atty online and have them ship into the city, but fear that ****** would come up and deliver the item to me personally and raid my vape nest. I hate the feeling that what I do isn't wrong but but it is wrong because the gov says so.

SG peep take a stand. Vote em out!

andilow

Aug 15, 2014
Singapore
Hello Guys,
Had registered myself in this forum but never did I make any post. I was vaping for sometimes but afraid of getting caught in SG.

Now that I am smoking more and more heavier, one day almost 1 and half pack. Was thinking to go back vaping. I had throw always my previous vape and all the juices.

Now I wanted to start vaping hoping can cut down smoking again.

Any kind soul can pm me ok tell me how to start again as now very hard to get Vape and juices.

Thanks

beautex

Jan 23, 2018
Hi guys! Have been vaping for about 2-3 years now, but have been more active beginning of last year. Really serious on trying to kick the ciggy habit and take on a healthier option! But the hantus have been so unsupportive and making things so hard for us. Heard a couple of kakis even kena from clearing off old kits, still pending conviction.

Hope the veterans here can PM me and shed some light on how to safely obtain supplies! Kudos :banana:

gc12

Feb 9, 2018
quit vaping for around 1 year, nothing to do and touch my mod, surprises me it still can turn on! but it says check atomizer, i cleaned the 510 and positive pin thing and also changed coils, it still says change atomizer. would really appreciate if someone can pm me and advise where to get a new tank. my mod is snow wolf 200w btw. cheers and thanks!

Vincenzo6891

Mar 12, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Please read Newbies Q& A Thread

Jobunny

Jan 12, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife

Jobunny

Jan 12, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife