What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
FC, this is probably going to test my alterations to the snow blower. I'm waiting for the sun and my will to rise enough to get changed into outside gear and fight thru the first 8-12 inches (hard to tell yet), but they're talking another 19" by 7 PM.

I moved in here in somewhere in the week of January 15th, 1996. There was over 2 feet of snow that fell between the 6th and 8th. We drove up on the Saturday after the storm and the 100 yards were still a blanket of snow. I figured we'd have a mess after settlement. Fortunately the previous owners had gotten someone in to clear it out. Now 20 years later there's only me. I was feeling pretty good up until yesterday. They still had us in the 8-12 inch range after talking 3-8 earlier in the week. The one good thing is, it doesn't seem like the wind is anywhere near the level they were talking about unless that's coming later.

It looks like you are pretty much missing the mess.

Reactions: firechick

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I got through the first foot all the way down the drive so right now it's open. I want to try to keep after it through the day so it doesn't get anywhere near that deep again so I can clear it quickly. I'd much rather deal with 4-6 inches at a time than 12 all out once.

Hitt, did you see the message from a Carol who's maiden name was the same as yours? She was one of my best friend's wife back in the day. I forget who she said was from Ohio, Walter perhaps, and what relation but I found it interesting that you might be related somehow.

Last edited:

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Good luck with the snow Roth. No offense, but you can keep it :)

Busted into my can of General Los here at work a few minutes ago. I've seen things on "hand baking" and the ice tools, but I just went with a technique I seen on YouTube called something like "how the swedes use los."

Grab a pinch, stick it under the front lip, and pack down inside with your tongue and fingers on the outside of your lip. Worked great for me (beginners luck no doubt).

Instant flavor and nic tingle was surprising. The nic hit seems better than portions as well, considering it feels like a lump slightly smaller than a portion.

Hardest part is gonna be keeping my tongue outta there, I have a tendency to play with portions a bit.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I blew it. I pulled a short roll from my freezer stock. I went to put a used portion in the lid and there was a $1.50 off a can coupon. Of course it expired 12/31/2014. I had at least 30, maybe 40 in that box. That $45-60 of lost opportunity. Oh well, the snus still tastes fresh.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Yeah, but even at $1.99, I'd take the can at $ .49 and use the $60 to cover most of the cost of the snow boots I bought for the next big one. I was worried about frostbite using hiking boots to clean up on Sunday and hit Amazon as soon as my toes thawed out. :)

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I'm all about saving money and use coupons quite frequently but my snus is 2.49 all the time so I don't stress it too much. I guess I should. On top of buying a new violin for my daughter, my wife has a bad tooth she's going to the dentist this morning that is probably going to need a crown. I'm not really sure how I'm going to pay for it all.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Aw, a new story for the day. I finally got through all the snow Monday and Tuesday and Wed. were spent diagnosing, then tracking down batteries for two of my three cars.

I headed to my uncles house Thursday and in conversation he started talking about a couple $1,000 withdraws from his account and talking to the bank about the withdraws. I pulled out a couple of his statements and saw these strange withdraws. For a 93 year old man who lives on TV dinners and a few trips down the street to the legion for either O'Doulls or a couple real beers this made no sense. He said he was going to the bank to talk to them as he had already questioned them about it. He even had a name and phone number.

I quickly gave them a call and arranged a meeting for today. I got to his place a bit before the meeting and had time to look back over a few of his statements, Sept, Nov and Dec statements all had $1k withdraws. His Jan statement wasn't where he keeps them so I looked around and found it on his kitchen statement. There was another $1K plus he had a withdraw slip from 1/12, this one for $2k. They had printed a photo copy of that transaction when he questioned them.

I looked at it and asked him to write his name on the bottom of the paper then compared the signatures and declared it was a forgery. It was pretty obvious. Many of the characters were similar but the "d" in his first name was written as a "b" and his last name, thanks to cursive writing had only one loop below the plane where his last name has a "yz" in it.

We got to the bank, me armed with my best detective work, and waited for the gal to see us. I looked around and there were enough cameras everywhere that they certainly should be able to ID the thief. All my work was in vane.

The gal returned from lunch, we exchanged greetings and I immediately asked if the transactions were done at their branch. I mentioned the cameras and asked how long they keep video. The question was unnecessary. The culprit was internal. One of their own was embezzling money from his account to the tune of around $18,000. She said the investigation was ongoing.

Now I'm guessing he wasn't the only victim. Who knows how many accounts he/she has hit. What I find as strange is that there was no reporting, yet, of an arrest. I can imagine that they want to keep the problem quiet, but what about people that don't catch on. He will be reimbursed, fortunately, but the lack of news about it is disturbing.

Users who are viewing this thread