What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
www.guttermouthelectronics.com
Just this week I've picked up a guitar a couple times. I went for a long time without even touching one. I got the new Joe Bonamassa cd and am really enjoying it. Maybe that motivated me.

I'm so used to bring behind at work that it barely bothers me. Unless it's an emergency then I tell everyone it's going to be a minimum of a week to even look at anything coming in. I try to give preferential treatment to warranty stuff when I can.

Good Deal ! anything that keeps you pickin away at it is a good thing.
i just got hooked up with a great pickup maker and got in some custom wound pickups for a couple of my guitars the other day. got the first set in last night and they are just spectacular sounding.

since i have to deal with all my guys face to face i just hate to tell them it's gonna be weeks untill i can even look at their stuff - it seems to be a fact of life these days though.
maybe shouldn't be looking that gift horse in the mouth......

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Well, landed at my place in VA. Haven't been here for several years. Bought it as a vacation home. When that woman that lives in my house comes down here, I'm on vacation in PA. I have to say she made it her own. She's got as much junk here as at my place, just a tad more organized. However I'm sure if she lived here, she could straighten that out. She just doesn't have enough time to really put her "crazy woman's touch" to the place on short trips. She's had friends come down with her in the past, but for some reason they all seem to have drifted away after spending a few days with her. I always had this fantasy that she'd find someone who'd steal her away from me, put it appears to be just a dream. :wub: Gutter talked to me about "crazy eyes", I knew exactly what he was talking about, NOW.

Since Gutterquest, I spent 11-12 hours on the bike Friday doing the mountains of Tennessee until my death wish subsided. To make the challenge a bit more than twisties and hairpin turns on a bike I had only ridden 3 days prior, I found roads with no guard rails and shoulders that would eat up my expensive new toy, if I ever decided to not maintain contact with the pavement. God decided I needed the challenge of some rain to just wet the roads enough to make me wonder how much of a slick was created between it and the oil residue left by vehicle's before me. Needless to say, I didn't challenge it as hard as I might have and my hands, shoulders and mind were exhausted by days end. Checked in at the motel, grabbed a hamburger at a local eatery, crawled into bed and immediately found la la land.

I did lean the advantage of the thumb/forefinger shifter over conventional manual transmission machines. I could drop two gears as fast as you can twitch your fingers. I often found that desireable when realizing the next turn was more severe than the previous one.

Yesterday, I did the Smokey Mountains via Interstate 40. Certainly not as demanding, but still a challenge at higher speeds. Many of the twisties were 45 mph cars and 35 trucks which you don't often see on interstates where 70-75 is becoming pretty common place. The previous day's experience brought a lot of benefits, other than the lasting strain on my shoulders. I've started to actually feel the union between man and the machine for the first time. After around 1,500 miles, it's starting to come to be and the awesome power is exhilarating. Can Am makes faster bikes. Lighter ones that hp to weight gives you Porsche Boxter type performance, but this bike gets you up to traffic speed amazingly quick.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good Deal ! anything that keeps you pickin away at it is a good thing.
    i just got hooked up with a great pickup maker and got in some custom wound pickups for a couple of my guitars the other day. got the first set in last night and they are just spectacular sounding.

since i have to deal with all my guys face to face i just hate to tell them it's gonna be weeks untill i can even look at their stuff - it seems to be a fact of life these days though.
    maybe shouldn't be looking that gift horse in the mouth......

I deal with a lot of my customers when they drop stuff off but where I have it good is that a lot of them have back up equipment so most aren't in an emergency status.

Reactions: Guttermouth

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Heyya stranger!!!!!

roth tells me about some big life news???
    How's the goats????
    The old goat got sick again and the vet couldnt do much for her. After she passed, we sent the younger one to a farm. They need company and I just didnt have it in me to get another one.

As for roth tellin tales......yeah we finally made it legal after nearly 2 decades. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah Hitt, there's an accumulation effect. I rode the Blue Ridge Parkway today. It's a 45 mph ride with some challenges but not too rough. I got low on gas (not as low as I thought, but it's a new bike) so I got off early. The GPS sent me all over these back roads and I started wondering if I'd ever get to a gas station. Then finally I=81 showed up on the screen, at which time I knew I had found civilization.

Unfortunately I-81 was nuts. I don't know where the trffic was coming from and going to, but it was insane. I couldn't keep the cruise set. People would pass me when I was going 70 or 75 (speed limit) drop in in front of me and they'd have me going 62 in a matter of seconds. I honestly don't understand the mentality.

I stopped at a rest area and a Virginian struck up a conversation (the Spyder does that). I mentioned the craziness and he agreed. He said he was jumping off and on. There's a road that runs parallel, but at a slower clip. He'd take a break from the mess, then jump back on when he was willing to play Indy race car.

Anyway, I'm under 200 miles to go. I have a 10 AM store opening to attend. A friend of mine and his friend (the two Jeffs) opened a record store something like 35 years ago. He was originally from PA and I'd been to his store and house several times after he opened up. After my separation and divorce, I lost track of him. However, I'm in a motel about a mile or so from the store that he founded. It's in the third location that I know of, I just don't know if he still ones it. Tomorrow, I'll find out.

It was funny asking people about it. The last was the bartender where I ate dinner. In fact, his second store was within waling distance to the walking mall where his store was located. After asking her (she knew the store as it is today), but never was in it. After she left, I realized that she probably wasn't even born when the store was there. I told her that and she said her mother probably knew more about it.

I'm actually amazed that it is still in existence. I'm dying to find out how. More tomorrow.

I'm getting this urge to head for Indiana. Actually, I looked at the map after I stopped at Gutter's place and realized if KC wasn't so far up in Mizzouri, I could have hit that too.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn
    The old goat got sick again and the vet couldnt do much for her. After she passed, we sent the younger one to a farm. They need company and I just didnt have it in me to get another one.

As for roth tellin tales......yeah we finally made it legal after nearly 2 decades. [emoji6]

awww.... poor old goat. i'm sorry to hear it.if it's any consolation, we had a couple of goats when i was younger and came to the quick conclusion after some well placed headbutts that they were, in fact, spawn of the devil.i don't think i could own another one either.

good to hear you're no longer....ehem... living in sin... or anything :lol:. hehehehe....
    seriously, congratulations to you and mr firechick !!!!

Reactions: firechick

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn
    Well, landed at my place in VA. Haven't been here for several years. Bought it as a vacation home. When that woman that lives in my house comes down here, I'm on vacation in PA. I have to say she made it her own. She's got as much junk here as at my place, just a tad more organized. However I'm sure if she lived here, she could straighten that out. She just doesn't have enough time to really put her "crazy woman's touch" to the place on short trips. She's had friends come down with her in the past, but for some reason they all seem to have drifted away after spending a few days with her. I always had this fantasy that she'd find someone who'd steal her away from me, put it appears to be just a dream. :wub: Gutter talked to me about "crazy eyes", I knew exactly what he was talking about, NOW.

Since Gutterquest, I spent 11-12 hours on the bike Friday doing the mountains of Tennessee until my death wish subsided. To make the challenge a bit more than twisties and hairpin turns on a bike I had only ridden 3 days prior, I found roads with no guard rails and shoulders that would eat up my expensive new toy, if I ever decided to not maintain contact with the pavement. God decided I needed the challenge of some rain to just wet the roads enough to make me wonder how much of a slick was created between it and the oil residue left by vehicle's before me. Needless to say, I didn't challenge it as hard as I might have and my hands, shoulders and mind were exhausted by days end. Checked in at the motel, grabbed a hamburger at a local eatery, crawled into bed and immediately found la la land.

I did lean the advantage of the thumb/forefinger shifter over conventional manual transmission machines. I could drop two gears as fast as you can twitch your fingers. I often found that desireable when realizing the next turn was more severe than the previous one.

Yesterday, I did the Smokey Mountains via Interstate 40. Certainly not as demanding, but still a challenge at higher speeds. Many of the twisties were 45 mph cars and 35 trucks which you don't often see on interstates where 70-75 is becoming pretty common place. The previous day's experience brought a lot of benefits, other than the lasting strain on my shoulders. I've started to actually feel the union between man and the machine for the first time. After around 1,500 miles, it's starting to come to be and the awesome power is exhilarating. Can Am makes faster bikes. Lighter ones that hp to weight gives you Porsche Boxter type performance, but this bike gets you up to traffic speed amazingly quick.

Dang man. you did the whole state!!! those roads going in to north carolina through the mountains are iffy in a car not to mention on a motorcycle. you obviously have balls of steel my man.kudos to you.

here's a crazy eye measuring stick. on a scale from 1 to "should be institutionalized and sedated", i give her a 9.
    Callista-Gingrich_crazy-eyes.png

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It was a super busy weekend for me and I evidently overdid it. I felt like I got run over by a truck this morning and then they backed up. I am having a very productive day at work though. I've gotten a lot done but am starting to crash now. Two more hours to go.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I actually found the way goats will "push" you to be part of their charm. I absolutely loved and hated that old girl at the same time. She was one of my all time favorite 4 legged friends. I think truly taking care of something that can't be manipulated into liking you is a worthwhile experience. You certainly learn to hold your temper and I gained a bit of perspective on life in general from that old bat. I would be ok with more horn in the kneecap greetings but I just couldn't take any more loss at this point.

Indiana you say, roth? I think we're all curious about it. Sure do like to think that he's doing alright.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Now first things first. Don't overdo it Gutter. I'm hoping I didn't unleash the monster. :w00t: Don't feel you have to post every day, just pop in when you feel like saying hey. However, if you disappear too long, I'll come and get ya, I know where you live. :headbang::headbang::headbang: BTW, not nearly that kind of crazy eyes. :eek:

Well, I've landed at home home tonight. I made a quick stop, well not so quick, at the Can-Am dealer to see what I'd have to do to get an appointment to get the inspction done. As I was heading there, it hit me that they might do the transfer for me also and I was semi-in luck. They did the whole thing, but not until someone that was buying a bike got through with the notary/insurance agent/deal administrator. The guy was buying a bike that out the door was close to $8k. He put $2k on his credit card and maxed it out. Then pulled out a stack of $20s to pay for the rest. That took a while to count and recount.

I joked about it with the notary and asked her if that happens often. She said occasionally, but usually they come in with $100s. She did say the worst she ever had was when she worked for a car dealer and some woman bought an Audi.
    The woman owned a bar and came in with a bag full of money, all different denominations and in all different states of repir, down to $1 bills. She also said the money smelled like beer. The woman handed her the bag and started walking out. She told her she'd have to stay for the count. The lady said she wasn't worried, there was enough in the bag, in fact more and she was going out for a smoke.

FC, "I think truly taking care of something that can't be manipulated into liking you is a worthwhile experience." So you're saying the last 16 years for me is somehow a worthwhile experience. At least she doesn't push me like a goat. :glug:

Users who are viewing this thread