#500 SS Mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'm curious about how we roll the mesh. Right now I just cut my square then roll it tight. With some troching of course and I always have excellent results. I'm wondering if we offset the cut of mesh slightly at an angle to change the direction of the weave, then roll it, could this in theory improve the capillary action? Or slow it? Or do nothing?

Hmmm,...

Peter

Probably won't change much as most of the capillary action is in the tiny space between each roll of mesh..:)

jholl318

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
La Conner, Wa.
Hello All,

First off, Thank you BJ and all the others for an awesome and informative thread!!!!

I just started in the last month or so on my journey with rba's. A friend of mine gave me an AGA T to try and I was only using cotton in it. It was fine, but what a pain having to tilt that thing to have it keep the cotton wet :(

I just received a few weeks ago a Kraken clone and had some one help me with using the mesh that came with it. What an awesome vape! and sold on using the mesh as I havent had any issues with it and am still using the same wick.

That leads me to here where AJ suggested I read this thread! Wow 219 pages and I have read each and everyone :)

I will be purchasing 500 SS mesh here in the next few days and am looking forward to this part of my journey.

So Again, Thank you ALL!!!!

Jeff

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I just ordered these to try. I have 400 already and I need to try 500. 3" x 6" 500 Mesh Stainless Steel Woven Wire Cloth Screen Filtration USA | eBay
Hello All,

First off, Thank you BJ and all the others for an awesome and informative thread!!!!

I just started in the last month or so on my journey with RBA's. A friend of mine gave me an AGA T to try and I was only using cotton in it. It was fine, but what a pain having to tilt that thing to have it keep the cotton wet :(

I just received a few weeks ago a Kraken clone and had some one help me with using the mesh that came with it. What an awesome vape! and sold on using the mesh as I havent had any issues with it and am still using the same wick.

That leads me to here where AJ suggested I read this thread! Wow 219 pages and I have read each and everyone :)

I will be purchasing 500 SS mesh here in the next few days and am looking forward to this part of my journey.

Jeff

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello All,

I just started in the last month or so on my journey with RBA's. A friend of mine gave me an AGA T to try and I was only using cotton in it. It was fine, but what a pain having to tilt that thing to have it keep the cotton wet :(

Jeff

I can't believe you actually read the whole thread, but you are a much more knowledgeable vaper now that you have, congrats! Hopefully Sky Vapor or the Everett Vape shop will have a meet in the near future, and I can show you some tips and tricks in person.

Cheers!

jholl318

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
La Conner, Wa.
I can't believe you actually read the whole thread, but you are a much more knowledgeable vaper now that you have, congrats! Hopefully Sky Vapor or the Everett Vape shop will have a meet in the near future, and I can show you some tips and tricks in person.

Cheers!

AJ,

Why wait for a meet......LOL Would love to meet up with you, here lately I have been going to Sky on Friday evenings, but let me know a good day and time and I would meet yah there :)

jholl318

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
La Conner, Wa.
I have a question for all you SS Mesh Pro's!

How do you guys use the PV Web App to determine the width of your mesh for a given wick that you are going to wrap?

Lets say I use a 3/32 drill bit which equals 2.38mm, after running the calculation it says for a tight wrapped wick to use 89mm!

Is that correct or do i need to cut that in half?

Thanks for all your input

Jeff

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

How do you guys use the PV Web App to determine the width of your mesh for a given wick that you are going to wrap?

Lets say I use a 3/32 drill bit which equals 2.38mm, after running the calculation it says for a tight wrapped wick to use 89mm!

Jeff

That's assuming a center hole of 0.05mm. I find it nearly impossible to get it rolled that tight. I think a more appropriate center hole would be closer to 1mm, yielding a result of 73mm of mesh. I have used up to 75mm, and it makes a nice thick wick. I would start there, you can always cut some off if the wick is too thick...

jholl318

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
La Conner, Wa.
That's assuming a center hole of 0.05mm. I find it nearly impossible to get it rolled that tight. I think a more appropriate center hole would be closer to 1mm, yielding a result of 73mm of mesh. I have used up to 75mm, and it makes a nice thick wick. I would start there, you can always cut some off if the wick is too thick...

Thanks AJ!

By The way I am planning on being at Sky this friday evening

Criterios

Mar 16, 2013
Germany

Jeff

Hi mate, whats that app, u got a link?
Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread