Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I keep a microfiber cloth on the arm of my chair for cleaning threads, getting into adapters on mods, to soak up liquid from atty leaking, etc. Works great.

I love my 510, but have taken to using it lately only with menthol to change it up through the day. I still use my 801 most of the time on my Chuck or PS Passthrough.

MidnighToker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
NC
I haven't TOTALLY given up on the 510. Actually I just ordered some attys from heaven gifts earlier this week. These will be going on mods. Hopefully I have better luck than in the past.

I know that the "hit" from an 801 factory batt is MUCH weaker than from a mod, so I'm sure the same would be true for the 510.

Sharky

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Phoenix AZ
Hang in there MT. I have tried 801, 901, and 510. 510 won out for me hands down. I have only had 1 510 atty pop on me and it was 4 months old. I have 6 well used atties from Heavens-Gifts, Cignot, and TW. All have performed well. I do have one 510 atty that only works on the stock 510 battery and not my mod for some reason but I use that for hands free hangin from the mouth. All in all 1 popped atty in 4 months is not too awful bad. Some of the older atties from HG and Cignot are starting to get a little weak even after cleaning but to get even a month on an atty compared to some people is a plus in my book. Waiting on TW's sale in a few days to buy more 510 atty's. 510 is all I use on both my Big Chuck and my brand new Black Silver Bullet and I am extremely happy and satisfied. Just my opinion...

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Personally, I love all my atomizers. :wub:

I love my 801 at 5V & 6V. Beautiful throat hit and smoooooooooooth vape.

I love my 901 at 3.7 and 5 volts. Tons of flavor and quite a kick.

My 510 shines at 3.7 volts. Warm vapor, a harsher feeling more reminiscent of my analog days (almost a distant memory now).

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
The gold 510 is still vaping very well! It sure is thirsty, it needs dripping on constantly!! Its making a bubbling sound. If one were to miss the bridge when dripping would the liquid collect at the bottom of the attie causing said bubbling? Other than that the 510 is working better than I have ever had with it!

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Tribal--All this talk of 510 love from you is scaring me. 8-o How are we going to recognize you if you don't have your penstyle?!? :confused::lol:

As for the gurgling, yes, the liquid does collect at the bottom and cause a gurgling sound. The one thing I do NOT like about the 510 is it tends to be very leaky if you put in too much liquid. I wind up blowing it out often and get very sad to see the wasted liquid. :cry:

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
Tribal--All this talk of 510 love from you is scaring me. 8-o How are we going to recognize you if you don't have your penstyle?!? :confused::lol:

As for the gurgling, yes, the liquid does collect at the bottom and cause a gurgling sound. The one thing I do NOT like about the 510 is it tends to be very leaky if you put in too much liquid. I wind up blowing it out often and get very sad to see the wasted liquid. :cry:

Ooooh I'm not giving up on the 801 anytime soon :D The one I have here has a weaker atomiser so its wimpish compared to my woken up gold 510(excuses hehe, its probably the juice thats in it)!! 801s ease of use and long vape after dripping will keep them close to hand ohh and their beauty :D

I just successfully blew the juice out the 510 attie and its quite happy :) 2 drops instead of 3 seems to do the job! I pick it up and its tasting burnt so I guess my happy healthy attie drinks the juice 3 times faster than the 801! I suppose it could be that I lay it horizontal and the juice runs to the empty void at the bottom of the attie when I pick it up hehe, its bubbling again :oops: I got a random selection of 30ml juice bottles in a box by my side but I keep picking up 555 or cappuccino!!

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
Just tried an experiment with the older atomisers, the ones that made me think the 510 is crap and they are crap, the atomisers that is! One tasted of burnt (I used cartridges so that may have taken it out) and one had hard draw and was a wimp! The golden 510 attie is still a champ on my passthrough too! I can only assume I have always had crappy atties or the carts have left fibers in the attie!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Interesting ;-) I have to think there are many 'dead attys' laying around in drawers that were just flooded, before people really caught on. Or someone ran into a bad atty and dismissed the rest. Some 'dead batts' may just have lost connection through the threads being 'over dripped'. I found a few where the center didn't meet with the batt - where the stable mod 'brought back' "dead attys" and "dead batts". Sometimes, not often, the center piece on an atty breaches the silicon and shorts out or almost shorts out. Wayne at HG says take a bamboo pik, pointed, and move the center piece back to center. :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
In my case either flooded or died of cart nonsense, my own fault really! :evil:

The gold attie is still going strong!!

I should have given the 510 more of a chance!!

Save one good 510 atty in case you ever get a Bartleby mod - where it really shines - for a 3.7V mod anyway. The extra heat of the 510 can bring out flavors (Habana Reserve, any coffee/capp, tobacco based stuff, etc.) I've never tasted on my 801 Janty Stick.

By the same token, my Decadent Vapors Black Currant never tasted as good as it does, than on the 801. Many of Drew's HV fruit flavors - Banana Cream, Blackberry Cream also do well on the 801.

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Just tried an experiment with the older atomisers, the ones that made me think the 510 is crap and they are crap, the atomisers that is! One tasted of burnt (I used cartridges so that may have taken it out) and one had hard draw and was a wimp! The golden 510 attie is still a champ on my passthrough too! I can only assume I have always had crappy atties or the carts have left fibers in the attie!

A lot of people had that problem. It gave the 510 a bad name. Always remember you get what you pay for.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
As I said earlier, there seems to be a major quality control issue with 510s,or at least different quality / performance between different brands.

Not sure how it could be worked out, but I would like to see something like a poll for experience with different 510s

Dura ...........Good.........Bad
Yeti.............Good.........Bad
Titan...........Good.........Bad
etc....

To see if a pattern emerges.

I see countless posts every day waxing lyrical about how good 510s are , but all I got was disappointment. Did I have 6 dud e-cigs? Or are 401s just better than 510s? Is there a correlation between brand & performance? Any other comments on the performance of 510s

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Just as there are differences among 510 attys, so there are differences among people. For all kinds of reasons (including metabolism, physiology, hormone levels, taste buds, and life experience), different individuals can experience the very same event (e.g., inhaling an identical 510) quite differently.

I find the 510 to be consistent, flavorful and a very good vapor producer (although the vapor isn't terrible thick), with very little throat hit. For me, the penstyle* has great throat hit, good flavor, and (inconsistently*) very good vapor. I love them both ... in different ways: my 510 for pacifier vaping, my penstyle* for nicotine hit vaping.

* I use the term 'penstyle' because of the 801's inconsistency. I'm a bit frustrated with it and I am not that impressed with the BE112 attys I received a couple weeks ago. [NOTE: Many ECFers, notably Sun Vaporizer, are fierce proponents of the BE112 and seem to love them. I draw your attention to the tag line in my signature.] I've ordered an M201 and have my fingers crossed.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
I stopped using 3pc models period, although when I did I preferred the taste and hit of the m401 over my 510, I never understood all the 510 fans. In my opinion it was crap, a poor design that one had to play with and mod before enjoying the experience of using it. The carts don't last long and I don't want to spend all day fiddling with something every time I wanted to vape. When you get tired of playing around check out the KR808D-1 or better yet the GreenCig and you will be putting those 510's in a drawer or away to friends and strangers. The last mod that I bought is the JuiceBox mod by Carlos which is also a vaping machine. If your into the big battery mod I suggest you check out the reviews on here. There are a few up in the review section, I love mine and I have not had to change my juice in over a week now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread