A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardf

Jan 20, 2010
indiana
I have been fighting a sinus infection / sore throat for a few days. The very dry throat seemed to be related to vaping. What didn't make sense is, why after over 30 days of no cigars and vaping would the symptoms start?

Mister posted this;

I want to point out that a number of the points made in the original post on this thread are incorrect. Specifically:

"1.) Dry Throat and / or Sore Throat" This should not be attributed to PG. It is a common symptom of quitting smoking.

That sure makes sense in my case.

Thanks for the info

traderblue

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2008
Singapore
I have been vaping for 5 days now. No more anologues. I feel great. Started walking in the morning. One thing. My piss smells strong of ammonia. Is that normal? Or is it that I´m just starting to smell again?

Same as mine previously when vaping PG. Once I switched to VG, I did not have the strong-smell in my urine. I guess it has something to do with PG e-juice.

Thornbyrd

Feb 18, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'm new to e-smoking so I thought I'd check out this thread to see what others are experiencing and perhaps to shed some light on some items.

Although I'm new to E-smoking - I'm not new to reactions from starting or quiting habits/ medicines/ etc.

Head Aches:- first thing you might want to consider is to increase your water intake. As the body detoxifies it uses a lot more water and believe it or not our brain gets dry which causes incredible headaches. So increased water will not only help flush out the old toxins faster but should give you some relieve from headaches.

Acne/Increased BM/ Sweating- these are in the majority related to detoxification. For years we have been ignoring our bodies and through poison after poison into it. When we suddenly change and start to cut down those poisons the bodies elimination methods say "Thank God" and go into over drive. Your body has 2 methods available to eliminate toxins the one is obvious the other we often over look the fact that our skin is the largest organ in our body and is the fastest way for our body to eliminate toxins- this is often done through sweating and yes a revisit to the teenage years of acne.

A good way to help hasten this process is called dry brushing. Buy a shower brush and "before" you enter the shower brush your body in circular motions from toe to head (not head to toe). This does 2 things- 1) sluffs off dead dry skin that can clog pores and contribute to acne 2) increases the circulation to your skin helping it carry the tixons out of your system.

Muscle stiffness/ Pain- calcium and potassium help to naturally eliminate lactac acid, that combined with a leasurely walk at night to remove the build up in your muscles will help decrease the discomfort. Note: I said leasurly - heavy excercise can lead to its own build up of lactic acid getting trapped in your muscles (just remember anytime you over did it at the gym or decided to play ball with the old gang after sitting in front of the TV for the past 10 years-lol).

Anyways, hope these suggestions help to ease some discomfort for you through your transitional period. They certainly won't hurt- we all need to drink more water on a daily basis, eat healthier (grab a banana before bed), and excercise more :) It's just 1 more step in becoming healthier.

Remember it took years to put all that garbage in our system- its not going to come out over night but it will get easier.

Thornbyrd

Metstoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Central Florida
Anyone else experiencing dry, red eyes from vaping? I did not notice it during the first month but lately it has gotten worse. I use VG to cut the juice so could that be it?

Could be just dehydration. I've been bad about not drinking enough water and get dry eyes too. Plus regular allergies don't help.

Dehydration may cause the strong urine smell too.

Must drink more water!

I've been having sore throat since last night, vaper for a week now and mainly vaping VG. I was vaping heavily yesterday (I don't vape all day long, just yesterday for a couple of hours non-stop)

When I initially made the switch from analog to e-cig last week, I had the sore throat the next morning but it was gone the next day. This time, I think I'll attribute to the sudden heavy vaping and drinking not enough water.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I've been having sore throat since last night, vaper for a week now and mainly vaping VG. I was vaping heavily yesterday (I don't vape all day long, just yesterday for a couple of hours non-stop)

When I initially made the switch from analog to e-cig last week, I had the sore throat the next morning but it was gone the next day. This time, I think I'll attribute to the sudden heavy vaping and drinking not enough water.

Absolutely. Drink that water, most especially when you heavy vape. And if you can't stand water, like me, I drink iced tea with honey, or you could drink water with a tad of flavoring in it.

LudaCura

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Grannies tales are the best aren't they? :)
They say that smoking tobacco goes some way to protecting you from colds and other nasties because your lungs are coated in so much tar and other rubbish that it forms a protective layer. I wonder if the same thing happens with your nose? So when you stop smoking your nostrils have to cope on their own without all the yucky mucus layer. (I'll stop now, too much info!) Here's hoping this is the last time I (we?) ever give up and we don't have to find out :thumb:

That is so true... I've smoked for ten years, and almost never got sick, even when my entire office and my housemates was coming down with the flu. When I did get sick (maybe once a year) all it was was a few sniffles and a runny nose, no feeling of being sick. I always joked around that my pack-a-day habit formed an inhospitable climate for any microorganisms. Looks like it may in fact be true then? I started vaping a week ago, completely cut out analogs the first day - I'm wondering whether I should expect to start getting sick soon - it would prove my theory then. If so, then I can say that that was the ONLY advantage of smoking.

lordterrin

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Australia
Good lord, I think I felt fine until i read the first 5 pages of this thread... now my muscles all hurt, I have dry throat, my teeth are falling out, I'm blind, and I think I just died. :-x

After 24 hours of vaping, and not smoking any cigarettes (going from a pack a day for at least 3 years,) I don't really feel any side effects. I have dry throat, but I drink a lot of water, (water mixed with a little juice, or sparkling water mixed with some cordial works really well!) throughout the day anyway, so I haven't really noticed it as much. I know a lot of people reading this thread will be in the "I've been smoking now between 5 minutes and 7 days" group, so I thought I'd post what's going on after 1 day.

My girlfriend has several allergies, and is also asthmatic - she is experiencing different symptoms. She got a headache, and muscle aches after about 6 hours (non-continual) of use, and did NOT enjoy her overall experience. She felt minor chest pain, and overall discomfort of the body. I'm showing her this thread, however, to see if maybe we can get some of her symptoms to go away after a week or so.

Since we are both smokers, (I actually smoke FAR more,) it's interesting to see how the same e-cig (Joye 510 with 11/18 mg juices) effects us differently.

Hope this helps!

ikbtops

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2009
 ̄\_(",)_/ ̄
I've been vaping since last September switching it up with about 3-5 analogs daily using the 4mg cartomizers and finally stopped smoking for good since last Monday(about a week). I haven't noticed many side effects aside from a bit extra phlegm here and there. Mostly just positive effects. I do seem a bit groggier in the morning than usual. I recently tried refilling my empty cartomizers with some Johnson Creek e-juice,which was their version of low(11mg) and I must say it made me feel a bit uncomfortable. I can see someone having a reaction to too much nicotine,if they're used to less.

MsUnderstood

Mar 16, 2010
Minnesota
I started to e-smoke about a week and a half ago. At first all was great but than I noticed my throat is dry, lips feel dry and like some one was putting needles in them,my face itches all over and my eyes itch. I have been using pg with menthol at 18mg. I was a pack and a half smoker. I ordered some vg and am waiting for it to arrive. So until than I am back on regular smokes, that by the way make me gag. I love vaping but believe this is an allergy. I have had allergies all my life. I will just kick back and let the pg leave my system a few days and see what happens.

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
. I will just kick back and let the pg leave my system a few days and see what happens.

I almost gave up on E-cig's after just a week due to PG. Throat so dry and painful that it woke me in the middle of the night. I had to keep water beside the bed. This forum really helped explain it.

Switched to VG and no more problems.

deftdrummer1

Feb 8, 2010
paradise
I too have phlegm in the morning and occasionally, without fail actually if I vaped most of the previous day. Its consistency is the strange part. It's not very thick, but sometimes I cough up a bunch of it. It's not like phlegm when you're sick, and definitely not as thick and nasty as analog phlegm. I was worried at first but I figure worse symptoms come with smoking real cigarettes.

*edit* I too am vaping Halo's VG juice.

HokieSmokie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
www.omigosh.com
My throat was so coarse and tight I could not swallow. I kept water beside the bed.
It drove my blood pressure sky high, and my heart raced.

I should have looked here for symptoms months ago. Thing is, these symptoms didn't start right away . . In fact they started about 4 months ago. I started vaping 1 year ago [yippee, 1 year anniversary.] All that has changed is the 'brand' that I am using 100% of the time. Today I am going to try vaping one of the other brands that I used a year ago. BOTH brands use PG. Could one PG be different than another? I am also going to order a bottle of VG today .. JUST IN CASE. My other choice was to put down my eGo and go out and buy some cigarettes !

Jofre

ECF Veteran
I tell you my friends my story. Stopped smoking 22-01-2010. Started vaping. 2 Weeks in heaven without any analog...then... terrible cold and sick like hell for 2 weeks - First stopped PG then stopped vaping completely. After this sickness gone (which i know definitely was from stopped smoking (body clear)) everything was OK. I can vape anything now - PG, VG, whatever! HEAVEN. Leave you body to heal after you stopped smoking. And when you get sick, do not vape for week or so to help your body after all this years of smoking... your body WILL thank you!

Everything will get better, do not worry! There is no big side effects from vaping, just small iritation which is bearable from vaping.

If you help your body and do not irritiate it with vaping while critical period (week or so), you will be awarded with even BETTER taste of all your e-liquids! I promise!

If you feel some shortness of breath or chest pain, do not worry, this will slowly go as well (it will take months) but it will go surely!

thanks ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread