The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by rolygate, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bastage

Bastage Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Does anyone know what causes the itching? I've never had a problem with it before, but I went back to ecigs and now I'm itching a lot. I did try a new brand of eliquid, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

2. robertpri

robertpri Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2009
    I think there are so many makers of e-liquid, from so many places, that control is impossible. Yes, change brands. We have no way of knowing what kind of quality control comes with these various products.

BTW: slightly off topic, but related: I think that if e-cigs are banned, this is probably the single biggest reason for the ban. We have NO idea what we are getting, and rely on reputation and recommendations.

But nicotine is a dangerous drug, and it we lose this battle of banning, we can blame all the quick rich SOB's who have no control over their products. This is the argument of the FDA, and it's a good one. These are nicotine delivery systems, and as of right now, I have little faith in many of the suppliers.

3. Mister

Mister Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2009
    Nanaimo BC Canada
    The irony is that is that a ban will only exacerbate this problem by creating a black market with less review and less ability to establish a reputation.

4. AngeLsLuv

AngeLsLuv Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    I just think that it would be absolutely silly to have to be forced to go into the black market for e-ciggies.. The idiots "in charge" are so friggin' stupid and want us to smoke instead of vape just so they can line their pockets.. One minute I want to cry, the next laugh at the absurditity...

5. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
  6. warlike36

warlike36 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2010
    Seymour,IN.
    I am exp. the mouth sores and they hurt any remadies you all know of. Really dont wanna go back to analogs but they realy bother me and there sore.

7. Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2010
    US
    Boy, out of all the symptoms I've had since I started vaping AND stopped smoking cigarettes, I never have had a sore mouth. I do wear dentures however, but no sore tongue, unless you include the Atomic Cinnacide getting on it now and then!

I've had the blurred vision one day, the itching, the dry mouth, and the oily, breaking out of my skin. However, when I stopped and thought about it, I've always had an issue with the itching if I don't use the right soap (antibacterial), my skin always broke out if I didn't stick to a rigorous cleansing and moisturizing schedule, my pores are always clogged, my back always hurts from my mattress, I always have a bad taste in my mouth. That's why I brush my teeth and tongue 3-4 times a day. I always have dry mouth, and that's why I eat mints all day. The ONLY thing that has really changed for the worse is that my lungs, which felt so much better when I stopped all analogs, even the one or two a week I was still smoking when I first started vaping, are now feeling worse than before. Don't know what it is except possibly too much vaping. I like menthol, and was using a lot of it the last week or so, trying desperately to get the right mixture going, so I'm cutting back on it and lowering the nicotine level altogether in all my juices. Hopefully it will get better. I can't quit vaping right now. I'd be back on cigarettes or dead from the Chantix. The Chantix worked, but made me crazy.8-o8-o8-oAnd I already take Wellbutrin everyday. Yeah, that was a lot of fun, FDA.

8. sabrin20

sabrin20 Full Member

Apr 22, 2010
    pennsylvania
    I got the mouth ulcer for a couple weeks short of breath bad stomache .
    Finally after about 2 and a half months i think im good. Woohoo,
    i really smell all the good and bad things cant stand the smell of analog anymore.

9. Ragamuffin

Mar 25, 2010
    US
    Sabrin, did you experience the shortness of breath, lungs seem to be sore, etc? That's the one symptom that just got worse for me. Curious if anyone else is having this issue....

10. aschmidy

aschmidy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I know what is in my juice. I've learned to buy from vendors that list their ingredients, and I talk to them and find answers before I buy. I have allergies and have no choice but to be an informed consumer.

11. warlike36

warlike36 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2010
    Seymour,IN.
    Just want to know who has exp. mouth sores and if i can do anything about it

12. Ragamuffin

Mar 25, 2010
    US
    Hey there. No I haven't as yet had those, though I have seen several people post about having this experience. I imagine out bodies have to get used to this just like they did real cigarettes. If I remember, that wasn't an easy transition, the coughing and choking at first, trying to look "cool" and "older" in front of friends. It was awful. I'm hoping any negative things I'm feeling right now will eventually balance itself out. Like the unbearable itching sometimes, and now the shortness of breath and unable to get a deep breath. I'm really wondering if the big bottle of Atomic Cinnacide I got about a week or so ago when this started has anything to do with it? I like my flavors STRONG, and maybe I'm using too much flavoring, since I don't have much sense of smell, I need the extra boost to really taste my things. My nose has always been bad from years of chronic anemia and severe nosebleeds, they used to hospitalize me every few months and burn the lining of my nose to build up scar tissue in the hopes it would stop the nosebleeds. Never did. Still get them now and then, even when asleep. Especially when it's dry or my sinuses are just dry overall. So the dry nasal passages from vaping isn't the best solution for me, but it is the lesser of the alternative evil, dying from lung cancer or anything else smoking was doing to my body. I do feel oh so much better overall, just oddly out of breath the last several days. Gonna have to forgo the Atomic Cinnacide for a week or so and see if it improves.

I would love to hear if anyone else has had this reaction to the AC. I love it and if it is the cause of my issue, it is entirely due to my own overuse!! And I'm still in the honeymoon phase of chain vaping, cause it's so great for me. My mom banished me to the backyard after years of stinking up her house, and now she didn't even know I had an ecig for weeks before I told her about it! How cool is that? My sister still goes out back to smoke, and when it travels down the back stairs to my room in the basement, it is horrible smelling. Yuck. So glad I got away from that. My car does smell like cinnamon too! And the clothes wardrobe where I lock up my juices and such smells like Vanilla, Eggnog, English Toffee, Cheesecake type smells. Wonderful.

13. HokieSmokie

HokieSmokie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2009
    "Atomic Cinnacide" What flavor is that ?? Like red hots ?? I get red hots juice from Dawn's and haven't had any problems. As for the mouth sores, the only time I ever have my mouth feel sore is when I suck some juice in my mouth.

14. HokieSmokie

HokieSmokie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2009
    I had pneumonia about 4 months ago. Maybe longer and since then I have problems taking deep breaths, run out of air in my lungs walking across the room. I figured I had developed asthma .. I want to rule out the e-cigs because I never had a breathing problem when I smoked.

My BIGGEST complaint is dry mouth .. but that started just a few months ago and I have been vaping for over a year. I am diabetic - maybe I need to get my meds checked. To be honest, I felt healthier when I was a smoker.

15. AngeLsLuv

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    Hi,

I've been a type 1 diabetic for 33 years so I know alot about a dry mouth.. The best thing I've ever used is brushing with Biotine toothpaste and using some of their other products.. They also have mouthwash, gum, mouth spray, dry mouth moisturizing liquid, .. Stuff is great!!!

I still don't think it's fair that some blame e-ciggies for alot of symptoms on this thread, because it is expected to have symptoms because a vaper is getting rid of alot of the poisons caused by smoking...

16. W Axl Rose

W Axl Rose Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2009
    Iowa
    I had the mouth sores with vaping and the shortness of breath. The mouth sores more or less just had to run their course. I got them every few weeks until I stopped vaping, at which point they persisted for awhile but eventually went away. I tried EVERY remedy under the sun for the mouth sores. None worked.

17. W Axl Rose

Mar 27, 2009
    Iowa
    @Ragamuffin- just a suggestion but you may want to check out the smokeless tobacco subforum on here. Vaping isn't for everyone, and isn't enough for everyone and many of us have been able to stay off of ciggies by using SWEDISH snus. It is considered safe (unlike American dip and chew). There are others that can explain it better, but it might be worth checking into for you.

18. AngeLsLuv

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    Woa!!! Shortness of breath?? That's something.. Never thought that would happen.. So did you completely stop vaping??

19. W Axl Rose

Mar 27, 2009
    Iowa
    @angel- Yes, I did. I never had shortness of breath the 12 years I smoked but after a few months of vaping I had it badly. That, vaping not 'being enough', and the mouth sores led me to give up vaping altogether. The SOB scared the you know what out of me!

20. AngeLsLuv

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    Geez..... That's terrible.. I'm very sorry to hear that this happened to you... I've been thinking about it.. Been wondered if it may in any way, be a possible PG allergy... There are people on the forum that can use VG juice but are severely allergic to PG...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.