A 'vaping picture' rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I find it very, uh, disturbing I guess, that nearly every picture of a person vaping shows them exhaling a huge cloud. Now I'm not into clouds myself, and maybe that biases me against pictures like that, but on the other hand I don't really have anything against 'cloud chuckers'. Even pictures that accomany 'pro-vaping' articles tend to lean in that direction, and I think it does not help the general public's view of vaping. It might even make a newb that wants to make the switch think that that is the way it's supposed to be.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    yeah-well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

:D
    I jest, and I agree with you.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Early on, there were minimal clouds, simply because of the vaping technology. As vaping popularized with the younger crowd AND the technology flourished, clouds were introduced into the hobby of vaping.

For me, I vaped because I wanted to get away from smoking. I keep my vaping practice to support my need and in the best interest of vaping. I want others to find it available as an alternative for smoking.

The negative perception of public cloud-chucking doesn't help me or others that need vaping for smoking cessation.

I did, at one time, find clouds "fun", but I did it at home. To give people the perception that vaping is something other than a smoking cessation tool helps the nay-sayers to attack vaping and claim it is dangerous and irresponsible.

Based upon my successful experience, and the opportunity for others to have similar success in quitting smoking, I avoid breeding a public perception that vapers are foolish and irresponsible.

Just because I have the right to chuck clouds in public doesn't mean that it is a wise or mature thing to do.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Just because I have the right to chuck clouds in public doesn't mean that it is a wise or mature thing to do.
    So your saying someone who has a decent sized cloud is not mature?
    Here's the problem with that theory.I do not like a lot of pg in my juice,so i use 70vg,and yes it gives me a decent sized cloud,obviously much more than than someone who uses 70pg.
    By your comments,you make it sound like everyone should vape the same as you,which to me sounds a bit immature as everyone has their own style they like or need in order to keep them vaping.I smoked for 26 years,if all i could vape was high pg,i would of went back to smoking,does this make me immature?If it does,who cares,i don't personally care what other people think.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    High-power density over high-nic values is preferable to me. Makes for great quick chaining. And yes, such rigs will yield big clouds on demand. Chasing exuberance, as I think of it. Often like that too. There's an ... for every seat. Enjoy the ride.

Good luck. :)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    "to cloud or not to cloud" :lol:

When I was a kid there was a crabby old grandpa who lived up the block who would always scream "get off my grass and stay off". We stepped on it and rode bikes across it for fun. It's what kids did. :D

Looking at cloud photo's it is younger folks in them. Not us older farts. Maybe we need old farts blowing Big Clouds (not actual farts)!!! ;)

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    So your saying someone who has a decent sized cloud is not mature?
    Here's the problem with that theory.I do not like a lot of pg in my juice,so i use 70vg,and yes it gives me a decent sized cloud,obviously much more than than someone who uses 70pg.
    By your comments,you make it sound like everyone should vape the same as you,which to me sounds a bit immature as everyone has their own style they like or need in order to keep them vaping.I smoked for 26 years,if all i could vape was high pg,i would of went back to smoking,does this make me immature?If it does,who cares,i don't personally care what other people think.

Agreed, but I know where these guys are coming from.... It's kinda how Elvis was perceived when he first came out. I like to think one day you and I will be Kings. It's all about perspective... One thing I will say though, regardless of how we vape we should be a tad more united in regards to advocacy. Once we start pointing fingers at fellow vapers we are all pretty much killing the one thing that got us all off cigarettes.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    I don't use vaping to attract attention to myself. I can take a puff from a Pico/RDA standing in the checkout line at Walmart and if anybody notices they don't react. I think pods took off because the public turned from supportive to hostile so a lot of vapers wanted a more discrete option. Very few kids would be vaping today if there weren't any ultra compact devices available.

• Agree
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    "to cloud or not to cloud" :lol:

When I was a kid there was a crabby old grandpa who lived up the block who would always scream "get off my grass and stay off". We stepped on it and rode bikes across it for fun. It's what kids did. :D

Looking at cloud photo's it is younger folks in them. Not us older farts. Maybe we need old farts blowing Big Clouds (not actual farts)!!!

At 57, I might not qualify as an old fart, but I certainly don't consider myself young. I like the big clouds as much as the young'uns. I don't vape in public though. My car doesn't count. There's no vape ban, but you just don't see anybody vaping indoors anyway, especially now that we are required to wear masks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread