Not open for further replies.

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.

smokmonstr

Mar 3, 2010
ATL
I've been playing around with this and I wasn't sure whether you meant to put the spring in the little white cup with the fiber or to put it in the mouthpiece. So I did both at first. Now I have taken it out of the cup. I just have a spring under the cup so that it makes solid contact with the atty. This seems to make a huge difference and I think now that the inconsistent performance is due to air leaking in around this connection.

Some of the replacement carts that I bought seem to fit a lot looser over the atty, but with the original ones I noticed a few times that the white cup would come out of the mouthpiece and remain attached to the atty when I went to refill. This is what happens with the spring in there and I can see now that the way that they connect is a lot like the 901 with just a small gap for air flow around the cup.

Thanks for the idea.
I hope this helps some others out.

smokmonstr

Mar 3, 2010
ATL
So I have put the spring back in the cup now with the fiberfill. After reading the original thread I think I understand the concept better.

In my opinion the design of these cigs was not well thought out. The whole cup in the mouthpiece thing just seems thrown together and it looks like they had no intention of people refilling the carts. I guess their business plan functions similar to that of the people who sell me $30 ink cartridges for my printer.

The OP's spring mod is just an all around improvement to e-cig design, and provides much better juice flow.

The mod that I suggested seems to remedy some of the design flaws particular to this model by tightening up loose fittings.

godp777

May 17, 2010
MD
So I have put the spring back in the cup now with the fiberfill. After reading the original thread I think I understand the concept better.

In my opinion the design of these cigs was not well thought out. The whole cup in the mouthpiece thing just seems thrown together and it looks like they had no intention of people refilling the carts. I guess their business plan functions similar to that of the people who sell me $30 ink cartridges for my printer.

The OP's spring mod is just an all around improvement to e-cig design, and provides much better juice flow.

The mod that I suggested seems to remedy some of the design flaws particular to this model by tightening up loose fittings.

so in the cup or under it????..im still trying to understand my self but i just dont get it yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread