AFS V2 and cartomizers perfected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
Are you using high quality cartos? Are you testing them before drilling them? And after? Testing twice can tell you if you disrupted the design of the carto while drilling. I see minor performance fluctuation when using hq cartos, when I try to get away with el-cheapo's I regret it.
I bought in bulk from eastmall ... I'm also just tired of drilling holes and killing 2 out of 5 cartos doing it ... And tired of pulling the stickers off and trying to make it glue free...

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
acetone nail polish remover will take the glue off quickly and easily...just pour some on a paper towel and wipe it down a few times...no need to get acetone inside the carto or anything nasty.

Drilling holes was no problem for me due to Dremel Press setup...but I just couldn't get a consistently good tasting vape with them..and yeah..I was using the standard KR808D blank cartridges.

I finally played around with just a standard 901 atty and with my 18650 battery I'm totally content for about 10+hrs at a time now. Good vapor, good taste, no hassles, no leaks...it just works rock solid.

mick37

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2010
Melbourne
I'm fed up with the cartos in the AFS V2 ... I'm sick of carto's inconsistency on performance... I wish we had the HV cartos with the holes pre-drilled...

As for now I'm sticking with the GG i6 atty for now until they become avaible out here state side...

I'm using Turbo's or Premium cool carts with the AFS2
takes 5s to get the hole done - no need to drill just use a nail and a hammer
one carto works for at least 30-40 hours of continuous vapping - after that I just dispose it and use a new one

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
I'm using Turbo's or Premium cool carts with the AFS2
takes 5s to get the hole done - no need to drill just use a nail and a hammer
one carto works for at least 30-40 hours of continuous vapping - after that I just dispose it and use a new one

how do you hold the carto in place to drive the nail into it ??? I dont have a vise or anything to hold it place ...

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I bought in bulk from eastmall ... I'm also just tired of drilling holes and killing 2 out of 5 cartos doing it ... And tired of pulling the stickers off and trying to make it glue free...

In less than a week I will have my cartomizer sample here. If it is as I want (I am sure it will this time) You will not have to make all this prosedure Rip my friend! They will have the ability to not get shorted too:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
how do you hold the carto in place to drive the nail into it ??? I dont have a vise or anything to hold it place ...

Put your foot on it Rip, its easy. When I am at home and I want to drill a carto I do this. I put my foot on the half of carto's surface and I drill the hole. But first I make a small point on it with a nail. But because you can hurt your hands if you do like I do it, you can put carto between 2 very heavy objects. Or between a very heavy object and a light one but pushing the light one with your foot against the carto

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
Put your foot on it Rip, its easy. When I am at home and I want to drill a carto I do this. I put my foot on the half of carto's surface and I drill the hole. But first I make a small point on it with a nail. But because you can hurt your hands if you do like I do it, you can put carto between 2 very heavy objects. Or between a very heavy object and a light one but pushing the light one with your foot against the carto

Thanx for the advice Imeo... But, as of right now I'm content with the GG i6 atty in the afs ... I'll wait for the HV cartos from Rob or the new GG Cartos from you ...

urbanite

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Moscow
I've found that glue comes off pretty well just wiping it with a bit of vodka. Seems like a pretty safe alternative to acetone.

Also a sharpened automatic center punch works wonderfully to puncture the holes in cartos, just do like 4-5 punches and you got your 1.6 - 2 mm hole done in the right place... and it's enough to just put it on the carpet and hold the bottom and the top with your fingers to do it...

not sure I like the cartos I got right now with my afs though... they can only do 3,7 volt and tend to suck too much taste out of the liquid...

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
dont get me wrong cartos create more vapor and to me gives me more flavor. The other issue I've been having with some of the cartos is they start to vape really harsh THs. Maybe its because they're just 3.7 volt ones. The other reason why I dont want to buy HV non-drilled cartos is I kill 2 out 5, at 2.14 each that gets crazy expensive (if you buy them from Lisa @ Cloud9 but thats not including shipping either). It just doesnt add up to me. SO for now, I'm content with my GG i6 atty. I'll wait for Imeo's new pre-drilled cartos(which I hope comes in different voltages, like his GG atties) and/or Rob from VaporKings to get the pre-drilled HV cartos.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I've found that glue comes off pretty well just wiping it with a bit of vodka. Seems like a pretty safe alternative to acetone.

Also a sharpened automatic center punch works wonderfully to puncture the holes in cartos, just do like 4-5 punches and you got your 1.6 - 2 mm hole done in the right place... and it's enough to just put it on the carpet and hold the bottom and the top with your fingers to do it...

not sure I like the cartos I got right now with my afs though... they can only do 3,7 volt and tend to suck too much taste out of the liquid...

If they are not LR cartos then you can easily use them at 6 volts like Emonty first did and other people too without a problem and with the best results urba my friend:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
dont get me wrong cartos create more vapor and to me gives me more flavor. The other issue I've been having with some of the cartos is they start to vape really harsh THs. Maybe its because they're just 3.7 volt ones. The other reason why I dont want to buy HV non-drilled cartos is I kill 2 out 5, at 2.14 each that gets crazy expensive (if you buy them from Lisa @ Cloud9 but thats not including shipping either). It just doesnt add up to me. SO for now, I'm content with my GG i6 atty. I'll wait for Imeo's new pre-drilled cartos(which I hope comes in different voltages, like his GG atties) and/or Rob from VaporKings to get the pre-drilled HV cartos.

They will come in different ohms of course Rip, predrilled and non-shorted. Of course with no label too

urbanite

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Moscow
If they are not LR cartos then you can easily use them at 6 volts like Emonty first did and other people too without a problem and with the best results urba my friend:)

Yeah I dunno, but they taste way too burnt even at 6 volt straight away. Not sure what the ohm ratings on these are, they are the black ones from cloud9. I made the holes around 8mm from bottom and and about 2mm diameter so juice should be going in no problem...

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Yeah I dunno, but they taste way too burnt even at 6 volt straight away. Not sure what the ohm ratings on these are, they are the black ones from cloud9. I made the holes around 8mm from bottom and and about 2mm diameter so juice should be going in no problem...

Only a few persons have a problem with regular ohm cartos at 6 volts but its a matter of taste, so maybe its not for you my friend urba. I will make my own cartos but I dont know the date because I dont have my sample yet.

Last edited:

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Hi urbanite,
My standard black ones are designed for 3.7V only and are too low a resistance to use on 6V, for many people, you need my HV or VHV ones for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread