All Atomizers SUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
You express opinions. Automotive test and measuring equipment engineers express facts. The adherence to a ludicrous 3,000 mile oil change interval is an opinion-and a bad one at that. It is contrary to the data collected by every car motor manufacturer on the planet.

Estimates vary, but there are about 700 million cars on the road world wide. At 3,000 mile oil change intervals (3-6 quarts, depending on car), that makes for a lot of wasted oil in a world where pollution has run rampant.

Consumer Reports even did a survey of NYC taxis and found no difference between 6,000 mile and 3,000 mile intervals.
Edmonds, Car and Driver, etc., say the same thing. The only ones pushing for a 3,000 mile interval the Jiffy Lube franchise owners and the car dealerships. Lest we forget: those who think they know something about engines while NEVER having been involved in any type of engine test and development.

There is no magic mileage number, since the type of driving has a lot to do with oil life which is why the newer cars are going over to monitoring systems. 3,000 mile intervals, however, are a joke and enviornmentally irresponsible.

When you have something factual to say, please so do. But facts seem to be unimportant to you.

Last edited:

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
I used to go through 1-2 attys per week. I'm using one now, Joye 510 SR, that's coming up on 5 months. [The one before it -- aprox 3 months.] I drip between 2-3ml per day, letting the atty cool -- even only 30 secs -- between puffs. Keep it wet.

The only maintenance I do is blow it out (while hot) nightly, and let it drain while sleeping.

My view -- it's the fluid. Search around for some clean fluid you like. If you can't find any you like -- live with what you have until something 'better' comes out. Attys are pretty cheap in volume.

VaperEd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Disney Land
I used to go through 1-2 attys per week. I'm using one now, Joye 510 SR, that's coming up on 5 months. [The one before it -- aprox 3 months.] I drip between 2-3ml per day, letting the atty cool -- even only 30 secs -- between puffs. Keep it wet.

The only maintenance I do is blow it out (while hot) nightly, and let it drain while sleeping.

My view -- it's the fluid. Search around for some clean fluid you like. If you can't find any you like -- live with what you have until something 'better' comes out. Attys are pretty cheap in volume.

Hello progg
Where do you buy your bulk atty's? A three pack is all I have been able to find. I have limited experience but I like atty's myself. Simple to use and easy to fill.

Last edited:

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Hello progg
Where do you buy your bulk atty's? A three pack is all I have been able to find. I have limited experience but I like atty's myself. Simple to use and easy to fill.

One place I've heard that folks are happy with is vaporkings and they list them as genuine Joye.

The last time I bought some was from ProVape. They don't list as boldly as VK that they are genuine Joye, but in the product code it says Joye 510. I haven't ordered from them in quite awhile, but if you use their contact form to query, they are responsive.

VaperEd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Disney Land
One place I've heard that folks are happy with is vaporkings and they list them as genuine Joye.

The last time I bought some was from ProVape. They don't list as boldly as VK that they are genuine Joye, but in the product code it says Joye 510. I haven't ordered from them in quite awhile, but if you use their contact form to query, they are responsive.

Thanks again progg. I will check it out.

BadThad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Cincinnati
Over the past year I accumulated a bag of what I labeled as "weak atties". Recently I decided to attack these a little more vigorously since I essentially left them for dead. In the process I've discovered an improved cleaning techinque that most won't be able to do without access to the proper chemicals. Nonetheless, I've discovered quite a few atomizers that now vape like champs....and I also killed a few permanently. Here's what I do to give them the lazarus treatment:

1) Slight burn, heat until the coil glows red, let it burn for about 15 seconds.

Rinse through with the following solvents in this order:

2) deionized water
3) acetone
4) methanol
5) isopropanol
6) toluene
7) isopropanol
8) methanol
9) acetone
10) deionized water

11) Blow though with an air line for a few seconds and sometimes I'll dry them in a lab oven at about 100°F.
12) Burn in, let the coil burn red hot for about 15-30 seconds (this can kill the atty)

If the atty dies during the burning process, no big deal as I was ready to toss it anyway. If it survives, I've found these cleaned atomizers to work VERY well....as good as new in fact. I'm currently vaping on one in my MonkeyBoxx at 3.7v that hits like a monster. I believe this atty is at least 6 months old!

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
back to the OP again... i love attys... they are disposable though and i believe if you take good care of em they last longer.
The key is the vape... and I use the best VV's and with my favorite juices... I finally got it down so that each vape is just fabulous dahling, euphorically fabulous.

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
Over the past year I accumulated a bag of what I labeled as "weak atties". Recently I decided to attack these a little more vigorously since I essentially left them for dead. In the process I've discovered an improved cleaning techinque that most won't be able to do without access to the proper chemicals. Nonetheless, I've discovered quite a few atomizers that now vape like champs....and I also killed a few permanently. Here's what I do to give them the lazarus treatment:

1) Slight burn, heat until the coil glows red, let it burn for about 15 seconds.

Rinse through with the following solvents in this order:

2) deionized water
3) acetone
4) methanol
5) isopropanol
6) toluene
7) isopropanol
8) methanol
9) acetone
10) deionized water

11) Blow though with an air line for a few seconds and sometimes I'll dry them in a lab oven at about 100°F.
12) Burn in, let the coil burn red hot for about 15-30 seconds (this can kill the atty)

If the atty dies during the burning process, no big deal as I was ready to toss it anyway. If it survives, I've found these cleaned atomizers to work VERY well....as good as new in fact. I'm currently vaping on one in my MonkeyBoxx at 3.7v that hits like a monster. I believe this atty is at least 6 months old!

I admire your tenacity and patience. You deserve positive results after going through above process.

BadThad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Cincinnati
Atomizers still SUCK! I swear, the quality is getting WORSE. I've been trying a lot of different sources and they are still lucky to last a week. The last three types were: 510 standard 3.2 ohm, Boge 2.5 ohm and Ikenvape 2.5 ohm. All of them require cleaning every 2-3 days. I've been doing a water, methanol, IPA rinse, followed by an air blow out using an air line. Then I do a quick burn of about 15-20 seconds, cool with air, then another quick burn or two. This is the stage where the atty normally dies, during the burn. If they survive the burn after cleaning, I've been getting another 3 days of use before this must be repeated or vapor production falls off badly.

I vape Backwoods Brew Apple Tobacco, Maple Tobacco and/or Bacco 24 mg diluted to about 18 mg with PG.

Currently on the waiting list for the new Zen mod with it's rebuildable atomizer system. NO MORE COMMECIAL ATOMIZERS! I'm on the March list so my btching about crappy atomizers will hopefully come to an end. LOL

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
Currently on the waiting list for the new Zen mod with it's rebuildable atomizer system. NO MORE COMMECIAL ATOMIZERS! I'm on the March list so my btching about crappy atomizers will hopefully come to an end. LOL

I can't wait i'm on the list for the Zen in march too.Depending on how I like it I might sell all my other stuff.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
good luck... ymmv of course, but i'm still looking for a better rebuildable; one that is easy to set up.
I've been through the iatty, which was pretty good all around, but i didn't get a good draw on my VV Provari; too airy. I don't care for the mechanical GGTS which has a draw control which would help there.
The Genesis Line had good flavor but the vapor wasn't there for me and setting up the coil just right was a PIA.
I hope you have better experience with the Zen.
Line V2 looks like it might be a tad easier than the V1 and i'll give it a shot.
When you think of how much $$ they are (rebuilds) and how much effort to setup, imo the improvement is not that great. I figure even if you use an atty a week and toss it, I can get 901's for less than $5., and Joye 510's for $5. in bulk.
The vapor on conventional attys is better than the Gen's, and the flavor is good enough.

fwiw I have an LR 1.8 i06 atty on my XL bottom feeder for a month now and it's as good as the first day. I use Snickerdoodle mostly VG.

MrGiggly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
UK
My main complaint in this thread is the DESIGN of atomizers. They are akin to an incandesent light bulb with their wire coil. There has GOT to be a better why to vaporize the liquid. I was even thinking of designing a mini-sonicator that could aerosolize the liquid into a vapor.

Thomas Eddison will be turning in his grave! Perhaps we won't have to wait the same 100+ years before someone comes up with an alternative. Your sonicator sounds mega interesting though. Love to know more about that :)

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
fwiw I have an LR 1.8 i06 atty on my XL bottom feeder for a month now and it's as good as the first day. I use Snickerdoodle mostly VG.

I have to admit the i06 is a great atty I love it too,I can't wait for the IKV cannon V2's I ordered to get here to give them a try.I think the reason I am getting a Zen is to see what it's all about and see how the vape is.If I love it I will stick with it and if not I will sell it to let someone else experience it.I not crazy about the GG either and I think my SS GGTS with UFS V2 will be going up for sell soon.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I was feeling the same way 2 or 3 months ago; griping about attys. It was because I didn't like having to toss an atty after a week of heavy use, and it either died or the flavor was bad.
But after fiddling with rebuildables, I saw conventional attys in a different light.
You know how nice a new atty vapes, tastes and vapor, right after it is broken in, like a couple of hours?
I'd take a vape and blow out clouds and say; ah that is so good... too bad it won't last that way.
But when you consider how much a Gen costs, an iatty, ody, think how many attys you can buy for that? I'm fine with VaporKings products (10 pak for less than $4 each - 901, less than $5 for joye 510's. and no fussing with coils and wicks..... hahahah.
I say give it a year and we'll see what's next, but for now I have enough attys to last at least that long.
I plan to consider the V2 Line just because.... it might be better, so I keep looking.

I'm using a LR 1.8 901 on my ego pass thru, and 1.8 anything on the 3.7 XL is just fine too.
I think it has to do with all the dripping and experimenting I've done for over a year now; knowing what the heck is going on with attys and voltages/resistance and stuff. You know,, fwiw, the Provari's built in meter and VV helped me a lot. I've had at least one Provari since Oct 2010.

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
I probably use more atties than anyone and I abuse them to no end. I literally try to kill them intentionally and swap flavors so often its not funny. I find the absolute best way with atties is to blow them out through the mouthpiece regularly, run them under the hottest water you can for a minute or so and dry burn them a bit on sort of a regular basis. I cant speak for others atties but generally I use 510 or 306 lr atties and have really had no problems. I find problems arise when you dont keep them wet enough or you allow them to gunk up. Also the kind of juice you use has alot to do with it. The more vg and the more flavoring, especially darker colors and very heavy flavors have a major impact. Impurities in flavorings,VG,PG,And especially Nicotine are the culprits. Hope this helps you all out

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
I still vape on Ciscos, Ikens, Joyes, COV DC attys every day and love every second of it. Once they start to degrade in flavor/vapor I run water through them hardcore and blow out/repeat for 10 mins then wait a cpl hours and dry burn letting the coil turn a dark orange and letting go of button then hitting the button again several times being carefull not to let the coil glow bright yellow/orange. Rinse it out with water one more time and let dry...I have a brand new tasting atty that performs like it's fresh.

Atomizers do not suck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread