All Atomizers SUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
Optimo I have had some 306's last for a year. I do the method I posted above and believe me when I say I try to kill them and most of the time I dont succeed. I will admit there are a few different ones out there that are garbage but I believe it is more a quality control issue where they come from (China). They dont care what they send to us and Lead in toys is one point but there are many. I think alot of the issues with them is more human error than actually defective devices. I have been dripping only for about 2 years now and never like any cartomizer, or anything that had some sort of batting material in it. The less things we us and add to the overall equasion I feel the less chance of inhaling more harmful things. Especially the nasty primer in atties..... This is only my opinions and everyone is entitled to theirs.

BadThad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Cincinnati
I probably use more atties than anyone and I abuse them to no end. I literally try to kill them intentionally and swap flavors so often its not funny. I find the absolute best way with atties is to blow them out through the mouthpiece regularly, run them under the hottest water you can for a minute or so and dry burn them a bit on sort of a regular basis. I cant speak for others atties but generally I use 510 or 306 lr atties and have really had no problems. I find problems arise when you dont keep them wet enough or you allow them to gunk up. Also the kind of juice you use has alot to do with it. The more vg and the more flavoring, especially darker colors and very heavy flavors have a major impact. Impurities in flavorings,VG,PG,And especially Nicotine are the culprits. Hope this helps you all out

That's good advice. Lately I've been doing similar, but the atties don't usually survive the dry burn. I've been careful to limit the dry burns to just a few seconds, then I cool the atty with compressed air and repeat a couple times. A DRY BURN IS AN ABSOLUTELY NECESSITY IN ATTY CLEANING. The coin gets gunked up with carbon and doesn't do it's job on the juice. The absolute only way to get that carbon off the coin is to dry burn. Sadly, this is where most atomizers DIE regardless of the care used.

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
I've been vaping for over a year now. I've tried lots of devices and atomizers and have come to the conclusion that the atomizer is the WEAKEST link in vaping. Even though I dilute my 28 mg ejuice down to about 18 mg with PG/VG (70:30), my atomizers still get gunk on the coil. The black, carbonized layer cuts down the atty efficiency substantially after 2-5 days of vaping....depending on the atty brand. It doesn't matter what brand/type, they ALL do this.

Is there any hope for this technology? There has GOT to be a better method than these blasted metal coils of wire!
The new Lazer atty will fix all of these problems .

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I've tried cleaning my attys at least a half dozen times (different attys, not the same one)... and invariably they would for the most part, not be as good as a new one...they are just not as good as replacing with new.
That said, if one just can't afford new attys every week or two, it's better than not.
I have a boat load of used but still working attys that I wish I could pass on for a bit of something for them, as i keep getting new ones. I hate to just toss them in the trash.

quendelyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
Clovis, CA
A Bulli A2 will solve your problem. I vaped for over a year, tried atomizers, tanks, boge cartos, etc. None lasted long enough. Ordered the A2 and have been happy ever since. Yes, it's pricey to start, but has saved me tons of frustration and money. I also got the tank upgrade for it. So, forget about all the others with built-in obsolescense. Now I spend about $6 bucks every 6 monthes on wire and wick. If that much.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Only use rebuildable atomizers here. A-2 for dripping, A-2T &TM, a Patriot UFS, an Odysseus, a Line, some homemade genisis atomizers, and yes a Zenesis is on the way along with a Zen-Atty-G... What I have found is that it all comes down to the liquid that is being vaped in them that either allows them to last or causes a very premature atomizer death. It came very apparent to me when I got into my first rebuildable atomizer how bad certain liquids gunked up the coils and wicking. Eventually I found a liquid that works for me and doesn't gunk my atomizers up. A coil will last me easily 6 weeks of daily use before I even think about rebuilding it now...

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
coool... how does the A2 compare to the Ody?
I have heard nothing but good about the Ody; but the setup looks intimidating.
I know GG things are hard to get; what about the A2 (that's Bulli no?)
I am also interested in the V2 Line; it looks a little easier than the V1 to set up.
Only use rebuildable atomizers here. A-2 for dripping, A-2T &TM, a Patriot UFS, an Odysseus, a Line, some homemade genisis atomizers, and yes a Zenesis is on the way along with a Zen-Atty-G... What I have found is that it all comes down to the liquid that is being vaped in them that either allows them to last or causes a very premature atomizer death. It came very apparent to me when I got into my first rebuildable atomizer how bad certain liquids gunked up the coils and wicking. Eventually I found a liquid that works for me and doesn't gunk my atomizers up. A coil will last me easily 6 weeks of daily use before I even think about rebuilding it now...

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
uke, I like them all... As far as comparing the Ody to the A2, well I don't think they compare actually. They are different beasts. I like the Ody for a tank setup especially on my GGTS... But I love my A-2TM on an eGo size PV for out and about (work). I don't think any compare to a genisis setup correctly in the flavor department. A lot of people have a hard time setting up any of them, heck I did initially with genisis (wick). But once you get it down, it is really worth while for any of these rebuildable atomizers. I don't think the V2 will be easier to setup, but the electrodes are sturdier and other refinements should make it vape even better then the V1??? Won't know till mine shows up ;)

Either way (and to stay on topic) , all of them last a long time on a "build" because my liquid vapes clean and leaves little to no "gunk".

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
thanks JR,
Lots to consume here.

I kept getting my Line resistance changing all the time; had to play with the coil to get it back down.
and yes, w/the Line, flavor was the high point, but getting the resistance right is key to getting your vapor production right.

I also use mostly the Provari and the iatty was too airy for it imo; GGTS has the air control +1.
Will the Ody work on the Provari any different than the iatty in terms of airy draw?

Because the rebuildables seem to have better flavor all around, i am still interested - just looking for the best one/s for me.

uke, I like them all... As far as comparing the Ody to the A2, well I don't think they compare actually. They are different beasts. I like the Ody for a tank setup especially on my GGTS... But I love my A-2TM on an eGo size PV for out and about (work). I don't think any compare to a genisis setup correctly in the flavor department. A lot of people have a hard time setting up any of them, heck I did initially with genisis (wick). But once you get it down, it is really worth while for any of these rebuildable atomizers. I don't think the V2 will be easier to setup, but the electrodes are sturdier and other refinements should make it vape even better then the V1??? Won't know till mine shows up ;)

Either way (and to stay on topic) , all of them last a long time on a "build" because my liquid vapes clean and leaves little to no "gunk".

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
is it true that the only setup with air control is the GGTS? so folks have the same draw if they are not using the TS? say, like a stealth of other GG pv?

sorry so many questions
TBH, I found the Ody airy on my ProVari also, however with the GGTS base it is controlled, so it is perfect :)

n9emz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Florida Space Coast
home.bluemarble.net
I've been using the same two Boge eGO-T and two 510 attys daily for 2 months with no degradation in performance. I religiously clear them every evening and clear and soak them in grain alcohol every 2nd or 3rd evening. If they both conked out this minute I'd hook up new spares and be quite happy about it. I just tried some cartos and really like the Boge standard LR 2.0s but I'm desperately in love with my 1.1 ml tanks.

guting

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
The Nei Area
all this cleaning stuff makes me lmfao, I used to run 901 atomizer when I first started vaping (usually get a couple months life from each). Switched to carto since im always on the road so dripping = pita (still using my ST 1.7ohm from 2 months ago HEAVY VAPING). Either I am extremely lucky on the quality control or I know what I am doing. Replacing the money saved by not smoking cigarettes ($10/pk) with a cheap ... $2 carto/$5 atty that lasts me as long as it does is more than enough reason for me to just buy another when it dies. All that is history now since I went REBUILDABLE (ZENESIS COMING SOON :p).

meatsneakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
NYC
Another vote for a repairable atty.

The learning curve isn't too steep with the help of the atomizer section in the mods forum. Once you get the hang of it, it'll cost you literally pennies a month - wick, nichrome and a few minutes of time. If you got the SS mesh route, as I did, you can look forward to attys that last months of use - you dry burn them then just flick off the gunk with a toothpick and they're good as new. I'm on month 2 with this coil - 1.6 ohms at 4.3v, and it's been more durable than any atty on the market. Carry a pair of tweezers and wick/nichrome in a small pouch with your juice and you'll never be stuck with a dead atty away from home.

Hope I've convinced you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread