• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

All in the name of science....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
... OMG how the hell did I ever do this, I gagged and hacked for a couple min and went back to vaping bliss.

It's been cemented in my thick skull now that smoking is archaic and vaping is the future. There just is no comparison.

Exactly! Blechy-poo!!

Heh. I think we've all gone through that, many of us for precisely the same reasons. I actually deliberately had a smoke at my 1-week point into vaping specifically to find out what it was like now that I noticed my senses of smell and taste improving, and more importantly to see if they still had any hold on me. The results were, in order, "Christ, these are nasty, how the hell did I ever smoke these?" and "Nope, not even slightly," followed by a side of, "Holy, did I really smell like this all the time?"

So, yeah, I discovered pretty quickly that smoking didn't have any hold on me, and that it was now nasty enough that I never even wanted to go back.

Science. It works, b*tches.

hahaha! Couldn't agree with you more.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
I can say since I started vaping I have switched back to smoking twice for months at a time. all it takes is just one smoke for me and I will buy a pack and keep on trucking. Funny thing Is im about a 2 pack a day smoker, but I would not consider myself a heavy vaper. Strange how it all works out.

Search the forums for information on Whole Tobacco Alkaloids. I don't know enough about it to intelligently comment, but it seems some vapers just don't get all they need to satisfy them and keep them from the analogs from nic juices alone. The WTA juices have extra components that exist in tobacco that purportedly help these vapers get what they're craving and remain successful. It may help...

I guess I still have a long way to go because I still like the smell of analogs when i'm out drinking :(

(On the bright side, I go out drinking less!!)

Guess everybody's different so for me - I gotta duct tape myself to the wagon until the time comes when they become repulsive.

Yippee
Must try once I stop getting the cravings totally.

I would never have posted this thread intending it to be a challenge or invitation or even suggestion to others to do the same. In fact, I offered it up as anecdotal evidence that you can vicariously enjoy.... be assured that what you're currently doing is far and away superior to our old habit. It was just plain GROSS and I recommend it to no one. My intention was to inspire you to stick with vaping and remind you that analogs are nasty.

Sometimes we tend to forget negatives and romanticize stuff.... we remember the good feelings something brought us and block the bad. My little story was meant to remind us all that it's harmful, makes us stink, and is as Zenotaos put it, "archaic".... and of course, nobody wants to kiss an ashtray lol.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
.... and of course, nobody wants to kiss an ashtray lol.

Hmm, you never know there's probably a fetish for that. :p

Personally with the 510 and then 510-t kits, I started smoking again after a month or so with each one. It wasn't until I switched to boge LR cartomizers on the 510 that I lost the urge to smoke.

Curiously I also found part of the addiction WAS the ashtray taste - not that it wasn't disgusting, but vaping didn't seem "complete" habitually without the taste. I had to use a mix of a strong tobacco juice and cigar flavour for almost a month, until I lost the urge to have the odd cigarette. I had a way slower progression and didn't instantly love vaping like a lot of people.

If I have a cigarette now, I do find it horrible and have no desire to do it again .. I'm also disappointed and confused about the lack of smoke/vapour with a cigarette. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread