All new: The Precise Simplicity 14500 from Super-T Manufacturing Inc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
does anyone know how to solve or is having the voltage drop issue. It's silly i know but i am .... about voltage and i keep on checking my finger if i am hitting it the right way. The issue is when you hit it dead center since the post does not touch the body directly but through the spring, the voltage drop is around 0.1-0.15 more.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
does anyone know how to solve or is having the voltage drop issue. It's silly i know but i am .... about voltage and i keep on checking my finger if i am hitting it the right way. The issue is when you hit it dead center since the post does not touch the body directly but through the spring, the voltage drop is around 0.1-0.15 more.

I haven't personally tested it, but it wouldn't surprise me given it is a mechanical mod. All mechanical mods, by design, require literally, metal to metal friction to complete the ground (some is also carried through the spring, hence dual grounding), so i could see where putting more pressure on the edge could cause more lateral friction and a slightly better connection.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
I haven't personally tested it, but it wouldn't surprise me given it is a mechanical mod. All mechanical mods, by design, require literally, metal to metal friction to complete the ground (some is also carried through the spring, hence dual grounding), so i could see where putting more pressure on the edge could cause more lateral friction and a slightly better connection.

OK thanks. Its a relief to hear it from the man himself. I will keep threads clean just to make a better loss.

andrebandre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
United States
do you have an extender on that atomizer? BTW, how do you like that atomizer? I have some Joyetech LR atomizers coming. Cheers.

It is an AV extender between the atty and the drip tip.
It cools down the vapor a bit.
The atty looks good, has a nice satin like finish which in my opinion matches the hue of the Simplyawsome.
As far as performance, it is nothing to write home about. Middle of the road.
I'm expecting a Kaifun Mini sometime this week which i hope will do a better job.

andrebandre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
United States
While waiting for the intended atty, here is a runner up i just got in the mail.
I really would like to find out what the trick is how to upload nice pictures, undistorted and warped.

Attachments

• DSC00042.jpg
    DSC00042.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC00044.jpg
    DSC00044.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 86

wongster360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Washington
Finally found a spheroid at a reasonable price. Looks great on top of the simplicity. Vapes well, and although the juice capacity isn't all that much I find that once topped off, I can vape it for a fair amount of time. Definitely no leaking whatsoever so it's the first totally pocket friendly atty I have ever owned!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373414521.243422.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Finally found a spheroid at a reasonable price. Looks great on top of the simplicity. Vapes well, and although the juice capacity isn't all that much I find that once topped off, I can vape it for a fair amount of time. Definitely no leaking whatsoever so it's the first totally pocket friendly atty I have ever owned!

View attachment 229349

There's a tip I can give you about the Spheroid (unless you already know it).
Use a lot less fluff than you think. I cut a little template out of cardboard which measures 19mm X 90mm, with markings on it at 70mm and 80mm. Cut around that, using the 70 and 80 mm marks as guides depending on how thick you think your juice is. I use no more than 80 mm with my 70/30 juice.
I found when I minimized the fluff (within reason) the capacity and longevity improved phenomenally.

Last edited:

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Ok, so I was getting misfires/voltage drops (pretty major)...well, all I did was take a pencil and cleaned all the contacts and threads with the eraser and hitting like a champ (simplicity at it's finest).

I cleaned...

Top threads (Top Cap)
Positive and Negative Contacts
Spring
Bottom and Top Body Threads
Battery Catch (On top and Underneath the o-ring placement)
....Pretty much everything I simply cleaned with a simple eraser.

This is my favorite mod ever...wait, I've only owned 2...oh, both are from Super T Mfr. :)

wongster360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Washington
There's a tip I can give you about the Spheroid (unless you already know it).
Use a lot less fluff than you think. I cut a little template out of cardboard which measures 19mm X 90mm, with markings on it at 70mm and 80mm. Cut around that, using the 70 and 80 mm marks as guides depending on how thick you think your juice is. I use no more than 80 mm with my 70/30 juice.
I found when I minimized the fluff (within reason) the capacity and longevity improved phenomenally.

Very cool. Thanks for the tip! Now I need to get a ruler :) this is my first experience with a spheroid so any hints and tips are welcome!

Thanks again!

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ok, so I was getting misfires/voltage drops (pretty major)...well, all I did was take a pencil and cleaned all the contacts and threads with the eraser and hitting like a champ (simplicity at it's finest).

I cleaned...

Top threads (Top Cap)
Positive and Negative Contacts
Spring
Bottom and Top Body Threads
Battery Catch (On top and Underneath the o-ring placement)
....Pretty much everything I simply cleaned with a simple eraser.

This is my favorite mod ever...wait, I've only owned 2...oh, both are from Super T Mfr. :)

I don't recommend taking an eraser to the Palladium platted top and bottom contacts, its an abrasive and will wear them out. Cleaning the rest though no problem :) Palladium is a Precious metal and will NEVER corrode, oxidize or tarnish so the only thing that can get on it is dirt or dust which you can wipe with a soft cloth. The Simplicity has a brass locking collar that will tarnish on the inside, so that will need to be cleaned on the inside to free it of tarnish periodically.

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
I don't recommend taking an eraser to the Palladium platted top and bottom contacts, its an abrasive and will wear them out. Cleaning the rest though no problem :) Palladium is a Precious metal and will NEVER corrode, oxidize or tarnish so the only thing that can get on it is dirt or dust which you can wipe with a soft cloth. The Simplicity has a brass locking collar that will tarnish on the inside, so that will need to be cleaned on the inside to free it of tarnish periodically.

Understandable, I will also start using a soft cloth for the palladium contacts, and I will clean the brass locking collar threads...thanks for the info.

andrebandre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
United States
Here goes my last attempt at a decent pic.
Got the Mini Kayfun, but what a disappointment.
I thought it is a 16mm diameter.It is not.
Also, so far i'm not impressed with the flavor output.
I'm going to work on it maybe i'm doing something wrong about the coil.

PS. Can anyone tell that i like red?

Attachments

• DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 76

bikini_kill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
Oklahoma City, OK USA
Got the Mini Kayfun, but what a disappointment.
I thought it is a 16mm diameter.It is not.
Also, so far i'm not impressed with the flavor output.
I'm going to work on it maybe i'm doing something wrong about the coil.

PS. Can anyone tell that i like red?
The Mini is 14mm. My preferred setup right now is a 1.6 ohm microcoil with 28g Kanthal around ekowool. Have you adjusted the airflow to your liking using the screw? After that, you might try adjusting the placement of your coil relative to the air hole. Lots of helpful tips on building are available in the user manual as well.

I like red too. :) Where did you get that drip tip? It looks amazing with the Simplicity.

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

David, do you forsee any issues with using an ultrasonic cleaner to clean any rhodium or palladium plated parts? Or any other parts on the Simplicity or P+ line of PV's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread