Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
OK, sorry about killing the likes!

They're back up and running in a new format. So, here's what and why:

I installed this because it was suggested to me that it might be good to have a way of showing another member that you've read something they wrote without "liking" (which might be inappropriate).

So, I've added a system that can do this (although I haven't yet added a "read" button). But this system comes pre-installed with a number of other reactions. I've left all the positive and neutral ones in place and removed ones that give a negative rating (and, yes, "disagree" is "neutral")

So, I'm keen to hear what you think of this - what we should remove, what we should keep, what we might change/replace etc.

Work done:
  • Removed Negs and Neutrals from view
  • Changed opacity from 0 to 0.3 for non-mouseover posts
  • patched tapatalk
To be done:
  • add "hugs"
  • More attractive icons

Last edited:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@Oliver, Darling.....

NICE options on the "feedback". Often, we "like" something to acknowledge we've read, but we really don't "like" what we read (someone's mod or tank broke; they dumped the bottle of their favorite juice on themselves, you know....) I don't "like" that this has happened, but I want the OP to know I'd read it....

Well played, good sir!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Where is said cheat sheet? I am not sure what they all mean. (sorry if it is obvious, I am on mobile right now)
proxy.php

The negative ones don't exist here.

2283679759_7cfa24f2e6.jpg

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
proxy.php

The negative ones don't exist here.

2283679759_7cfa24f2e6.jpg
Thanks Rossum, much appreciated :)

ETA Oliver, thank you. I absolutely love this new system. It is so much more appropriate than just having a "like" button!

Major upgrade to ECF in my personal opinion. (insert giant "Winner" thingy here for ECF Admin)

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I think there should be some others... such as "Sad" perhaps for times when something bad has happened to someone ( sickness, death in family/friend ) and things such as that. I'm also not against being able to "Disagree" with something when it's appropriate... life isn't always about positive experiences.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Likes is badly broken on Tapatalk, which I, and many other, ECF members use.

Please fix it. I've been active in ECF for a long time, but breaking Tapatalk functionality is not good.

Perhaps restore the original likes, add whatever new emoticon widget you have come up with, else make a Tapatalk-generated Like something like a generic thumbs-up.

The weird thing is, under Tapatalk I can now see things that list as "Likes" in Tapatalk, tap the like icon in TT and it'll bring up a list of people. It is probably reporting any emoticon as equivalent to a "Like" to Tapatalk. Unfortunately, for a TT user they cannot Like a given post -- the only thing that it does is bring up that list of others who have Liked the post.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread