DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
My problems with being a moderator would be:
- Are you able to keep a level head when someone argues with you?
- Can you handle being called names when you're just doing your job... without retaliating?

Nope, no way!

I admire anyone who can.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
FYI:

New Members Forum

As posted by "AngusaTAT":

First things first. This forum has rules, and all members are expected to know them and follow them. The forum rules can be found here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/announcements-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

You are an excavator extraordinaire, my Uncs. How in the world did you dig that deeply? I must say, that was deeply buried.

Well done, Uncle. Very well done. :thumb:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Mix juice, if you were stepping over the line you would know it by now.

Yeah but you just made us all feel slack and uninformed. I spent most of yesterday thinking I got some darn rules to read! :yawn:

Cant have that, now I have to read the rules too! :thumbs:

Honestly though, I can see why you did. When I joined up I just wanted to know more about different vaping equipment that was better than what I was using. lol.. I don't suppose I ever once thought I'd be here this long. I only had one question... hahaha

This forum just sucks you right on in!

alien-abduction-20886-1920x1200.jpg

:lol:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Yeah but you just made us all feel slack and uninformed. I spent most of yesterday thinking I got some darn rules to read! :yawn:

Cant have that, now I have to read the rules too! :thumbs:

Honestly though, I can see why you did. When I joined up I just wanted to know more about different vaping equipment that was better than what I was using. lol.. I don't suppose I ever once thought I'd be here this long. I only had one question... hahaha

This forum just sucks you right on in!

alien-abduction-20886-1920x1200.jpg

:lol:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
You are an excavator extraordinaire, my Uncs. How in the world did you dig that deeply? I must say, that was deeply buried.

Well done, Uncle. Very well done. :thumb:

YEP - Sure was "hidden" (although it seems that will be changed now) . . . ;)

So - Thank you for the recognition and compliment . . .
blushing.gif

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
It's been my experience that the very best mods are dragged kicking and screaming into the role, whether they applied or not. :D
Much like politicians. The more someone wants the job, the more they probably should not have it. ;)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hmmm

I applied

Even though you applied for the job I agree with the general principle that Rossum made. Moderating generally takes a special type of person. You have the personality for it, and the fact you applied for the position doesn't mean your wrong for it, it just means your one of the rare genuine people out there.

I personally would rather see mods recruited unless the application process is more stringent. (which it may be here I have not read the application etc.) simply because the genuine person is so very rare, as well the right person to moderate a forum.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
I do find the suggestion funny, but thank you for the vote of confidence!

Someone like Robin is better at something like this.
You would do great. Ive seen you around enough, you've got the leather to handle it.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Even though you applied for the job I agree with the general principle that Rossum made. Moderating generally takes a special type of person. You have the personality for it, and the fact you applied for the position doesn't mean your wrong for it, it just means your one of the rare genuine people out there.

I personally would rather see mods recruited unless the application process is more stringent. (which it may be here I have not read the application etc.) simply because the genuine person is so very rare, as well the right person to moderate a forum.
The attitude of a perfect candidate...... :D

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I can safely say, I really don't know any of the fine points of the rules here, most of how the board is ran, is simple good etiquette and manners for polite (or sometimes not so polite.. lol) society. Basically, if that is not how you would act or something you would say to your neighbor in the grocery store, don't say it here.
I chose to quote this post because you basically said what I have been thinking :thumbs:

"Treating other as you would like to be treated" isn't just a line of text for me. If everyone lived those words we wouldn't need pages upon pages of rules. Sadly I have come to believe that not everyone lives by them but I love this place because the rules are in place and are enforced. Following the simple rules of this forum shouldn't need much enforcement when a group of otherwise intelligent adults get together but it seems the need is there :(

I personally won't be using the red X. If I disagree with a post or poster I will be upfront enough to post the reason why.

As always, just my humble opinion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread