Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
OK, sorry about killing the likes!

They're back up and running in a new format. So, here's what and why:

I installed this because it was suggested to me that it might be good to have a way of showing another member that you've read something they wrote without "liking" (which might be inappropriate).

So, I've added a system that can do this (although I haven't yet added a "read" button). But this system comes pre-installed with a number of other reactions. I've left all the positive and neutral ones in place and removed ones that give a negative rating (and, yes, "disagree" is "neutral")

So, I'm keen to hear what you think of this - what we should remove, what we should keep, what we might change/replace etc.

Work done:
  • Removed Negs and Neutrals from view
  • Changed opacity from 0 to 0.3 for non-mouseover posts
  • patched tapatalk
To be done:
  • add "hugs"
  • More attractive icons
The negs & disagree are just asking for trouble.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hey @retired1 - wanted to know since we were talking about the disagree button needing to have explanation attached..

Since someone else had already added the reason for disagreement, I did this to add my plus one to that. Is this okay you think?

As the reason for my disagreement with your post has already been comprehensively stated by IMFire3605, I will just state my +1 in full disagreement with your assertion that we can safely resurrect this member's batteries for vaping based on
etc etc. (For full quote please use link )

So, just making sure is this okay?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
While there has been discussion regarding the disagree button, I'm unaware that a rule has been put in place regarding it's use... did I miss something?

No you didn't miss anything... no rules were made, just discussed and nothing more.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think we should make Opinionated our "write in" mod candidate, LOL. :)

I'm sure the mods get to blow off steam on their own forum, at least I HOPE they do. :)

I agree it takes a special person to be a Mod, especially here. I've modded other places that were far more lenient, (though, I guess I've settled in), but I don't think I'd be good at the type of rule enforcement required here, that's for certain.

There was no decision made about the big red X. There have been a few posts that were so terrifying (safety wise) that I was tempted to use it, but I still continue my practice of just leaving no comment, and then voicing my disagreement with a post, since the terrifying safety stuff usually has plenty of explaining required, anyway. IDK what to do with it, so I'm going to defer my opinion....

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread