Not open for further replies.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I have the A7 and from what I see the difference is that the A7 squonks and fills the catch cup which is then wicked upwards to your wick/coil. Unless you are dripping through the top which defeats the purpose of a bottom feeder.

The Reomizer 2 has the Wick and mesh coil on the floor of the ceramic base and when you squonk the liquid will go directly along the bottom of the Ceramic Cup and on to your wicking/Coil. This takes advantage of the Bottom Feeders strength which is to saturate the wick directly. You aren't fighting gravity. I should be able to saturate my wick almost instantaneously.

Guess I'll find out in a few days!

With the blind squonk, juice never touches the catch cup. I'll have me a RM2 eventually, but I'm keeping my A7's. I'm a creature of habit, and not having the blind squonk disrupts my flow. I'm looking forward to finally trying mesh in the RM2 though!

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
With the blind squonk, juice never touches the catch cup. I'll have me a RM2 eventually, but I'm keeping my A7's. I'm a creature of habit, and not having the blind squonk disrupts my flow. I'm looking forward to finally trying mesh in the RM2 though!
Which Catch Cup are you describing. Do you have a technique for wicking an A7 where the liquid never touches the bottom of the Atomizer?

I'm not referring to the catch cup on the Reo.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
I don't have my rm2's as yet but with a side breather you just do a double blind squonk no need to draw while doing it but if you like you can :lol: I made my A7 mini a side breather (oops ducks sheet Scott is throwing at me) and it helps it a lot. Some how we need to make shipping between our borders better it sucks the hind t..t having to wait so long up here

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
so far im liking the vapor but im lacking in flavor

Me too I know I said a few days ago I wouldn't give up but i'm about given up.
Two might be on the classifieds soon ... :(

I can't figure it out .... all I can say is I have owned 6 different genesis devices that were all pretty much the same but each one had its own characteristics .... It appears every facet of an atty affects its vape ... size, shape, air hole, material, whatnot. This REOmizer v2 is just not doing it for me I guess.

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com

I can't figure it out .... all I can say is I have owned 6 different genesis devices that were all pretty much the same but each one had its own characteristics .... It appears every facet of an atty affects its vape ... size, shape, air hole, material, whatnot. This REOmizer v2 is just not doing it for me I guess.

What wick are you using, not all silica is created equal. This place not only has some of the best prices, it's super high quality stuff. Way better flavor than ebay stuff.

https://www.thehouseofvapor.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Bulk-Wick

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
Is that place legit???? Crazy good prices. Sounds too good to be true and all that........
like nuts said its a Chinese company and they have a minimum quantity you must order to get those prices I was just pointing out the info about size which turned out to be misleading since the heading says 26650 but the body of the page refers to 26500 instead

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
I got my Reomizer 2.0 yesterday. I didn't have time to breathe much less even set it up until today. OMG! Microcoil of 32g kanthal, 12 wraps on a big paperclip leg, cotton ball wick - which is the same set up I've been using on 1.0 - and I think it's a vapor maniac! I had someone ask before when I was using the 1.0 what I was using to put out so much vapor, but this is even more so, I think. :ohmy:
Flavorwise, I think it's pretty much the same. I'm not running the exact same juice, but a comparable one.

I really like how sturdy it feels and the bigger screws are wonderful to work with. Good job, Rob! :toast:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I got my Reomizer 2.0 yesterday. I didn't have time to breathe much less even set it up until today. OMG! Microcoil of 32g kanthal, 12 wraps on a big paperclip leg, cotton ball wick - which is the same set up I've been using on 1.0 - and I think it's a vapor maniac! I had someone ask before when I was using the 1.0 what I was using to put out so much vapor, but this is even more so, I think. :ohmy:
Flavorwise, I think it's pretty much the same. I'm not running the exact same juice, but a comparable one.

I really like how sturdy it feels and the bigger screws are wonderful to work with. Good job, Rob! :toast:

I know right? I am diggin the hell out of mine too. Such that my second one arrived yesterday. I'm set vape wise until the P68 comes out. But then again, my current setups are so good, I don't really even need one.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine

That is to bad Tim I figured you would love it . You are the minority on this one I get great flavor from the atty . Have you tried using a drip tip with a smaller hole ? You are correct atomizers will vary but most people will acclimate to a new atty quickly

biggerintx

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
United States
The flavor on mine isn't as good either. I can screw on a LR Joye atty and get better flavor. Vapor production is way less - overall the RBA is a better vape but the flavor isn't the same. But being my first RBA I'm going to assume it is my wick and coil.

I'm going to rinse the RBA out tomorrow and build one just like super_x_drifter shows in the first post of his Ah.B.A. thread. His is higher resistance than what I built and the coils are a bit closer together so that might make a difference.

I've also put the little piece of silicon tubing that comes in a Vivi Nova drip tip into my drip tip on the RBA to reduce the ID of the hole a bit. Can't say I could tell much of a difference. But worth a try.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and will try to describe something that is also different with the RBA but I don't know how best to explain. When I vape and inhale the vapor from the RBA - it is a different "texture" than on my other attys. The "mouth feel" is dryer. I'd almost say "foamy". It's an exaggeration, but almost like the little foamy after-effect you get if you use hydrogen peroxide solution as a mouthwash. Not the taste - just the "mouth feel". I don't know how to describe it. It isn't bad per se - it is just another difference. I was wondering if it might help someone point me toward what I could improve in my build.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
The flavor on mine isn't as good either. I can screw on a LR Joye atty and get better flavor. Vapor production is way less - overall the RBA is a better vape but the flavor isn't the same. But being my first RBA I'm going to assume it is my wick and coil.

I'm going to rinse the RBA out tomorrow and build one just like super_x_drifter shows in the first post of his Ah.B.A. thread. His is higher resistance than what I built and the coils are a bit closer together so that might make a difference.

I've also put the little piece of silicon tubing that comes in a Vivi Nova drip tip into my drip tip on the RBA to reduce the ID of the hole a bit. Can't say I could tell much of a difference. But worth a try.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and will try to describe something that is also different with the RBA but I don't know how best to explain. When I vape and inhale the vapor from the RBA - it is a different "texture" than on my other attys. The "mouth feel" is dryer. I'd almost say "foamy". It's an exaggeration, but almost like the little foamy after-effect you get if you use hydrogen peroxide solution as a mouthwash. Not the taste - just the "mouth feel". I don't know how to describe it. It isn't bad per se - it is just another difference. I was wondering if it might help someone point me toward what I could improve in my build.

The mouth feel - good question! When I first started vaping with a REO and SS LR cartomizers, I noticed similar results. I equivocated it to inhaling more vapor? Prior to that I was using cigalikes and had just bought an inferno - both of those setups were weak in the vapor production department - well actually weak in all departments.
For me the feeling was that my mouth and throat seemed "coated" if I remember correctly? That went away quickly. That's the best I can offer.

What kind of wick are you running now?

One thing I will add, if you are wrapping your coil any thicker than 1/16, it's unlikely that you will get enough wraps to see the true benefit of going micro. That would be more in the standard thickness range.

A picture hanging nail (like the attached) gives you a coil that is a hair smaller than 1/16" allowing for 10 or more scrunched together wraps. This is where you will notice results.

Others are using similar, truly micro diameter "molds" like paper clips, T-pins etc...to wrap off of. They're posting excellent results. Good luck bro.

emedu2uj.jpg

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I know I'm on the verge on being the 'why don't this guy shut up about this' dude on this subject, but try some ss mesh wick if you want better flavor on your RM2. The beauty of this design is that the wide ceramic base makes SS mesh coils supremely easy, no need to oxidize the wick first.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I know I'm on the verge on being the 'why don't this guy shut up about this' dude on this subject, but try some ss mesh wick if you want better flavor on your RM2. The beauty of this design is that the wide ceramic base makes SS mesh coils supremely easy, no need to oxidize the wick first.

Wait, wouldn't you still need to oxidize the mesh wick so it doesn't short against the coils?

edit: short's probably not the right term. Wouldn't an unoxidized wick make a hotspot wherever it touches the coil?

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
How do you oxidize a wick? There's two methods: one is to head the wick with a blowtorch and stick in water repeatedly. The other is to dip it in ejuice or vg and set fire to it a few times.

THAT said, what do you think happens after you give the bottle a few hard squonks and then vape? The wick becomes oxidized through vaping. A correctly done coil will completely glow toaster orange once it's broken in.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
How do you oxidize a wick? There's two methods: one is to head the wick with a blowtorch and stick in water repeatedly. The other is to dip it in ejuice or vg and set fire to it a few times.

THAT said, what do you think happens after you give the bottle a few hard squonks and then vape? The wick becomes oxidized through vaping. A correctly done coil will completely glow toaster orange once it's broken in.

Third method -- put your atomizer on a mech mod without hot spring, and pulse fire it. Hot spots heat up and oxidize the coil until it glows even orange. This takes progressively longer with thinner resistance wires. With 30ga it only take s a few minutes. With 28, it's even faster.

biggerintx

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
United States
What kind of wick are you running now?

One thing I will add, if you are wrapping your coil any thicker than 1/16, it's unlikely that you will get enough wraps to see the true benefit of going micro. That would be more in the standard thickness range.

A picture hanging nail (like the attached) gives you a coil that is a hair smaller than 1/16" allowing for 10 or more scrunched together wraps. This is where you will notice results.

Others are using similar, truly micro diameter "molds" like paper clips, T-pins etc...to wrap off of. They're posting excellent results. Good luck bro.

emedu2uj.jpg

I am using cotton wick made from finger-rolled-up rolled cotton from CVS with about 8 wraps on a 1/16" drill bit with 30 ga Kanthal for about 1.6 Ohms. I posted a pic a few days ago in your Ah.B.A thread when I tried one like your first post there. I just tried to make it the same resistance as the LR attys I was used to since they seemed to work OK. Yours was higher resistance with more wraps.

As with everything in vaping there are a million variables so I always assumed it would take a lot of trial and error to see what worked.

I've ordered some mesh but it hasn't arrived - so the SS experiment will have to wait for another day. All I've got in hand today is 28 ga and 30 ga Kanthal, 2.5mm and 3.0mm silica wick, and rolled cotton for cotton wicks.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I am using cotton wick made from finger-rolled-up rolled cotton from CVS with about 8 wraps on a 1/16" drill bit with 30 ga Kanthal for about 1.6 Ohms. I posted a pic a few days ago in your Ah.B.A thread when I tried one like your first post there. I just tried to make it the same resistance as the LR attys I was used to since they seemed to work OK. Yours was higher resistance with more wraps.

As with everything in vaping there are a million variables so I always assumed it would take a lot of trial and error to see what worked.

I've ordered some mesh but it hasn't arrived - so the SS experiment will have to wait for another day. All I've got in hand today is 28 ga and 30 ga Kanthal, 2.5mm and 3.0mm silica wick, and rolled cotton for cotton wicks.

That sounds about right. Should be very flavorful. If not and you like experimenting, try using a little smaller mold so you can add a few wraps. I noticed a difference on my 2.0 when I using the drillbit (cause its fatter) so I went back to the picture nail. The 2.0 seems to work better with more wraps for me.

Another thing, if your coil is low over the wick hole (not allowing it to drain properly) it will also affect vape, cause your coil may be sitting in a pool of juice (over cooling it). Too much wick there will also choke it. If that's the case, raise it on the hole side and slope it down so its low on the opposite side. This way, everything gets wet, the excess sits in the base (below the coil) goes back down the hole and the coil and wick are wet but not swimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread