The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

An intelligent MOD? Coming Soon "Darwin"

Discussion in 'VaporBomb' started by hdpjr68, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. debb

debb ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    looks much better in the hand....:)....now it doesn't look so big...

2. debb

debb ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    like to see that myself..:)

3. Krisb

Krisb Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2010
    OH
    Knowing this is only the beta unit, will the size remain basically the same? Would be great to see it get a bit smaller! I'm sure my hands are smaller than mutt's! Mutt, can you post the dimensions?

4. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    It does look allot better in the hand. I thought it was the size of a cell phone. I don't think it looks too bad. What happens when the cell goes bad? If it doesn't have batteries you can replace do you have to send it in for a rebuild when it goes bad? I'll bet thats expensive. I'm just curious and I'm really liking the looks more.

5. simplyrock

simplyrock Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2010
    Michigan
    looks about the size of a TV remote... not too bad... i still want one... lol... thanx for the pix mutt...

6. hdpjr68

hdpjr68 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    N.E. Ohio
    VaporBomb has declined Evolv's offer to distribute the Darwin. The vape on this thing is great and the battery life is incredible, but it has not meet our standards. Release is set for Dec. 6 ,With more testing and some changes only then do you fell it will be ready to bring to market. We wish Evolv the best of luck with this and all its endeavors.
    Will be closing this thread guys.

7. harpo

harpo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Yuba City, California
    Who's bringing it to market on Dec 6?

8. hdpjr68

Mar 2, 2010
    N.E. Ohio
    I believe Evolv will direct market. When I have the info will post it in our sub forum.

9. harpo

Dec 19, 2009
    Yuba City, California
    Are you going to look into marketing something else or give up on maketing a mod?

10. harpo

Dec 19, 2009
    Yuba City, California
    Harry can you tell us what about it didn't meet your standards?

11. muttSRT

muttSRT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

In no way would I ever try to speak for either of these companies, Harpo, but I think VB's decision has more to do with the financial liabilty of a new company more than the actual workings of the product itself. Thats just my opinion and could be totally wrong.

The up side to this, is that if Evolv is going to direct market the unit, without commision costs etc, the overall price of the unit should be cheaper than if VB did decide to carry it.

Again, that is just my opinion.

12. hdpjr68

Mar 2, 2010
    N.E. Ohio
    Harpo don't get us wrong, we think Darwin will be a great product. We just feel that's it is coming to market to soon. Beta testing needs to be more that a few weeks. The price point on this mod is more that any other Mod out there and we needed to be wowed when we seen it. That did not happen. It had nothing to due with the workings, it is a powerhouse of a MOD. Our concerns are more with the ergonomics and over all presentation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.