an occasional cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirPluto

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
I still occasionally smoke analogs. It generally happens on the weekends when I've been out all night and all of my friends are standing around enjoying a cig. I don't see it as cheating either. One cigarette every week or two is a lot better than the 25 a day I used to smoke. I generally end up bumming one off of one of my friends. I tell them its payback for years of bumming cigs off of me!!

Can't help ya on the headache though. Never had a headache problem myself.

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've had a very few cigs in the time I've vaped (since Oct 2009) and a couple of cigars. There are times when I feel the "need" for a cig that vaping doesn't handle, but most of those seem sated by a piece of snus just the same.

You might find it useful to you as well. I suggest Camel Frost (minty, slightly menthol, makes your breath smell like you've been chewing gum) if you're buying locally, but from what I've heard the real Swedish stuff is much better. The marlboro that I had seemed pretty crappy by comparison, and the camel "mellow" tastes barely of tobacco, mostly like apples and fail.

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
A few is better than full time for sure! Myself, I can't. No desire. Took a drag on one 5 months in and it about made me sick. Could definitely tell the difference between just nicotine 'buzz' and cigarette 'buzz'. Wasn't fun.

Jennie you hit the nail on the head, I'm sure peeps could make one last push for that last ciggie or two, BUT it is true that as AttyPops says "I think it all depends on your personal goals. If it's no big deal to you, it's no big deal"

X

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey,

I got my starter kit in the mail March 6th 2010. Stopped smoking that day. I've had 3 cigarettes over the last year to compare with vaping. There was no comparison. So ... I've become accustomed to the real difference in taste. With the added benefit of less death. After 44 years of smoking, and 36 years of on again off again trying to quit ... If I were to list The Greatest Inventions Ever it'd go something like this: Fire, The Wheel, Disposable Diapers, and E-Cigs.

Bob

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Fire, The Wheel, Disposable Diapers, and E-Cigs.
Humans did not invent fire, they just figured out how to make it appear out of nowhere.
And one could argue that disposable diapers are generating enough trash as to be an environment problem.

So I'm gonna have to go with The Wheel, E-Cigs, then sliced bread.
:)

des09

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
Utah
I smoke about 10 analogs a week, almost all socially, but it varies a lot. When I buy a pack I will smoke it till its gone, albeit slower than I used to at 1.5 PAD before I switched to e-cigs. Instead, now I bum one, or I buy a pack, take or smoke a few, then donate it to someone I have bummed many smokes from in the past. My suggestion would be DON'T smoke an analog when you are really craving one, thats reinforcing the addiction. Let the craving pass, know you are in control. Do yoga, drink black tea, sing an Etta James tune, or see how quickly you can drain a 510 bat. I am coming up on my steaming 1year anniversary, I think I will try to quit analogs entirely on that date, but I will need the support of my significant other. Once she is not my primary trigger it will be quite easy.

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I had an analog about three weeks into my new venture of using electronic cigarettes. I could not stand the taste of it. Also the aftertaste was sickening to me. I was smoking an average of 4 packs a week. I have not had one since. There are times I think I might like to light one up, but remembering how terrible that last cig tasted, I can't bring myself to do it.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
... one could argue that disposable diapers are generating enough trash as to be an environment problem.

I agree. But ... as a stay at home working dad with a very very low gag reflex ... disposable diapers greatly minimized the potential horrors of diaper changing. Maybe it's just a guy thing. I dunno. And though I may have contributed to the buildup of methane in landfills ... my kids diapers never came close to the dangerous outgassing levels one is exposed to when listening to any politician.

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
I agree. But ... as a stay at home working dad with a very very low gag reflex ... disposable diapers greatly minimized the potential horrors of diaper changing. Maybe it's just a guy thing. I dunno. And though I may have contributed to the buildup of methane in landfills ... my kids diapers never came close to the dangerous outgassing levels one is exposed to when listening to any politician.

I'm with you there, well we call them nappy's/nappies here but still it's really easy once you get a routine of it, I could do it blindfolded even with baby kicking and screaming. I'm glad my nappy days are over now though!!!!

whadup

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2010
South Carolina
I bummed an analog today at work when both of my batteries were dead at the same time. I really go through the auto batts pretty fast. Luckily my manual batteries were in the mailbox today when I got home. They are charging right now.

Sometimes I crave a real one pretty bad first thing in the morning. I'm still pretty new to vaping but I want to make this work. I do not want to go back to cigarettes. I can't keep a pack around for that "occasional" cigarette because I would be back to smoking full time.

Superbals

ECF Veteran
does anyone smoke cigs still once in a while? makes me feel like im cheating, lately i have had real bad headaches, and the only thing that seems to take the edge off is smoking a real cig, i vape like a mad man and it doesnt cut it for these moments. i bought a pack to have a cig once in a while and just sore the rest in the freezer, i have no intentions of going back to being a full time
"smoker" i just need something to take the edge off these headaches.

Hey man i haven't finished reading thru the rest of the comments but it's nothing to worry about!! i smoked a pack and a half a day and quit on accident when i got my first ecig. now i do smoke from time to time sometimes up to 2 or 3 ciggs a day for a couple days but the beauty of it is.......I'm not addicted anymore!!! I could care less if smoke a cigg or not....If i do its cuz i want to for whatever reason (like stress, drinking, batterys all dead, etc) and i don't care. Ciggs don't even give me a throat hit anymore lol. But thats the beauty of eciggs....painless switch and it loosens the addiction....You can have one (if u can stomache it) or not it doesn't matter.

Scooter70

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Hershey,Pennsylvania
Hey man i haven't finished reading thru the rest of the comments but it's nothing to worry about!! i smoked a pack and a half a day and quit on accident when i got my first ecig. now i do smoke from time to time sometimes up to 2 or 3 ciggs a day for a couple days but the beauty of it is.......I'm not addicted anymore!!! I could care less if smoke a cigg or not....If i do its cuz i want to for whatever reason (like stress, drinking, batterys all dead, etc) and i don't care. Ciggs don't even give me a throat hit anymore lol. But thats the beauty of eciggs....painless switch and it loosens the addiction....You can have one (if u can stomache it) or not it doesn't matter.

My thoughts exactly..I might have one or two when drinking,stressed etc..but I feel like I'm not a slave to tobacco anymore.I just pick back up where I left off and don't let it really bother me.I think I've had about four analogs in the last three weeks,and they are nasty...It's a nice little reminder to myself that vaping is much better than smoking any day.I feel in control now for the first time in many years.

Renro

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
New England
OP, have you tried talking to one of the vets? It seems that if you can find the right combo of things, the cravings go away.

I've been very fortunate, I quit accidentally after about two weeks of using both tobacco and vaping, when I realized that I had a choice and that I had been choosing the vapor 9 times out of 10, that was when I made the conscience decision to quit tobacco. Since that moment, I haven't had any cravings - I was getting ill from %100 PG to the point of wanting to go back to tobacco just for the relief but thankfully I was able to work it out here and find a solution.

I've read more than a few comments about cravings and I've seen more often than not, that it can be "fixed" with the right combination of things. I've found that the vets here are sincerely terrific people who go above and beyond helping members with specific issues and there is a good chance that if you post on the "ask a vet" page, you would find some useful answers. I hope you work through it.

Best of luck!

I just wanted to say, don't beat yourself up over having tobacco, guilt is a wasted emotion that creates nothing but negative results. You've already done so much to eliminate tobacco from your life, it's different for everyone, and it takes some trial and error, but there is no doubt that you can painlessly eliminate tobacco from your life, if that is your goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread