And now for the millionth request for liquid nicotine advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Bonus question: Is there any reason to choose amber over blue glass bottles (I'm planning to transfer the nic into 100ml glass battles for freezing)? If there isn't, I'll opt for blue, because it's prettier, but if amber is better, I'll go for utility over beauty.

I prefer clear glass 8oz Boston Rounds for my nic storage. I want to be able to see color change over time without having to crack open a bottle. Mine is stored with the bottles wrapped in paper towels for padding and ziplocks in case there's a leak or a crack. Then, they go into a cardboard box sealed with freezer tape. Light probably won't get through when the freezer door is opened to retrieve a pack of pork chops.

Last edited:

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
They don't mention organic, but it isn't synthetic- does come from tobacco. PureNic:That’s why PurNic™ is extracted from tobacco plants and never synthetically produced.
And their Chemnovatic doesn't mention organic, either: PureNic 99+ is premium quality pure nicotine dedicated to the production of e-liquids. It’s a natural, crystal clear and odorless liquid extracted from tobacco leaves.

To be honest, I'm not too concerned about organic for this stuff, since it's extracted, and ends up being over 99% pure nicotine anyway.

I think they'd mention it was organic if it were. That settles it: I'll spend the forty extra bucks for the LNW nic.

The reason I prefer organic, by the way, has nothing to do with how it to affects me personally. I just think buying organic helps me tread a little less heavily on the planet. Yes, I know pesticides are used in organic farming, too, but overall I think it's less destructive.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Bullet bitten: Two liters of max salts from LNW. It ended up being $60 more than the same order from Nicotine River would have been, but so what.

Now I have to buy some bottles. And, eventually, a bunch of other stuff. It'll be a while before I work my way through all the commercial liquid I have on hand, so I have plenty of time to study.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Bullet bitten: Two liters of max salts from LNW. It ended up being $60 more than the same order from Nicotine River would have been, but so what.

Now I have to buy some bottles. And, eventually, a bunch of other stuff. It'll be a while before I work my way through all the commercial liquid I have on hand, so I have plenty of time to study.
Did you use the coupon code?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

I did my order - not Vapocolypse yet, but just a test. I got some of the "hit" nic salts from Nic River. Did a lot of research, and it appears that the hit version is benzoic acid, and that's the one that seems most efficient (more so than the 2nd most common salicylic). I'll try it at the same 14mg level I've been mixing, and see if I can feel it hit the bloodstream faster. Maybe it'll slow me down a little in my mid-afternoon binges, or when I've had a couple of beers.

I usually order 48mg, because that's what I started with. I'd thought it'd be safer, and more forgiving if I was a little off. Then, I just kept using it because all my bottles were marked for easy juice mixing. I had 100mg in my cart, and was shocked at the cost. It was 3x the amount when ordering 100mg ($25 vs. $8). I didn't take a screen shot, but there was a popup with some sort of info about higher shipping for over 60mg nic, because it was considered hazardous, I believe.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Did you use the coupon code?

Yup, and thanks for that; I forgot to say that before.

I did my order - not Vapocolypse yet, but just a test. I got some of the "hit" nic salts from Nic River. Did a lot of research, and it appears that the hit version is benzoic acid, and that's the one that seems most efficient (more so than the 2nd most common salicylic).

JUUL uses benzoic acid, so maybe what you got will be perfect.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
i know nothing about storing nicotine, but the idea of freezing anything in glass strikes me as reckless.
Neither PG, nor VG, will freeze solid in a residential freezer. Both have much lower freezing points. Therefore, there is no risk in doing so. Only the benefit of extended shelf life.:)
:toast:

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
@susieqz, freezing in glass is only risky if what's being frozen expands. PG and VG only become more dense, thus occupying less volume, at normal freezer temperatures. But even if they did freeze and expand, with adequate headspace to accommodate the extra volume, there would be no breakage.

susieqz

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2018
high plains
i didn't understand why you would need organic nicotine.
after all, you can buy tobacco scraps
to steep in water to make an organic pesticide.
it kills bugs.
but, i just looked it up.
tobacco growers use obscene amounts of fertilizers, herbicides n pesticides.
it's shocking that all that finds a way into people's lungs.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I seriously think you will be fine unless you drop one, or drop a particularly heavy frozen brisket on top of one.
Anna

I intend to put something rigid over the box containing the bottles for precisely this reason. Except it's not falling brisket I'm worried about but various other heavy forms of meat.

Reactions: susieqz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread