And now for the millionth request for liquid nicotine advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Mine is stored in a corrugated box. The bottles are wrapped (rolled) in several layers of paper towels for padding and taped, then put into heavy duty freezer zip locks just in case there's leakage. So far, so good. I've opened a box after months in the freezer and inspected the contents, and even took a bottle out and unwrapped it to check for color change, then repacked it and put it back into the box.

So far so good. I have two liters frozen and my projections say that one liter of 100mg/ml nic will last me 9 years mixed at 3mg strength vaping 10ml +/- juice per day.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
i see nicotine is offered in various strengths.
is there some advantage in buying less than the most potent?
I started at 48 because I thought it'd be more forgiving if I was off a little bit in mixing. Kept it at that a while, just because I always mix pretty much the same way, and it was easier. You get more for your money buying higher concentration, and it takes less storage space. But see my post #28 in this thread. Watch your shipping cost.
I did my order - not Vapocolypse yet, but just a test. I got some of the "hit" nic salts from Nic River. Did a lot of research, and it appears that the hit version is benzoic acid, and that's the one that seems most efficient (more so than the 2nd most common salicylic). I'll try it at the same 14mg level I've been mixing, and see if I can feel it hit the bloodstream faster. Maybe it'll slow me down a little in my mid-afternoon binges, or when I've had a couple of beers.

I usually order 48mg, because that's what I started with. I'd thought it'd be safer, and more forgiving if I was a little off. Then, I just kept using it because all my bottles were marked for easy juice mixing. I had 100mg in my cart, and was shocked at the cost. It was 3x the amount when ordering 100mg ($25 vs. $8). I didn't take a screen shot, but there was a popup with some sort of info about higher shipping for over 60mg nic, because it was considered hazardous, I believe.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Safety mainly I would think. If I ever get to "that" liter I plan on diluting it all at once, immediately. I don't feel I have to wear gloves or freak out over a 100 mg/ml spill. Washing it off etc. seems to be sufficient. I haven't had a major spill but if I did, 100 mg/ml nic isn't going to cause much harm.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No I don't think I want to be anywhere near a substance that requires and I mean REQUIRES a chemical hood to work with and etc. I don't think most places even SELL it and I sort of hope not. Because that would be a terrible, terrible mistake to make for a new DIYer.

We should halt this discussion I think it's not allowed.

However, 100 mg/ml nic is TEN PERCENT nicotine. Not that strong, although really, it's still plenty of nicotine. It is NOT 100 PERCENT nic, which is pretty much well , it can be fatal and all that. Don't do it. Don't even think about doing it. Just don't.

Anna

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I can confirm 86, 125ml bottles, packed 4 in a small flat rate USPS box (easier to stack)
will fit into a 3 cu ft, freezer, with room to spare.
Turned up just past "normal" setting gets it to -15 deg.

Ah, but I have to cram my eighteen similarly sized bottles in a freezer already filled to bursting. It's going to be a challenge, and I'll begrudge the space, but it's for a good cause.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Ah, but I have to cram my eighteen similarly sized bottles in a freezer already filled to bursting. It's going to be a challenge, and I'll begrudge the space, but it's for a good cause.
    Understand. I was doing that for a couple years, till the better half objected...:unsure:
    With the extra small freezer, there's now room for nic and more food...:thumb:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    The Vapocalypse Calculator informs me that four liters of 100mg/nl liquid nicotine should last me at least twenty years
    Interesting. My 'Vapocalypse Calculator' tells me a liter of 1000 mg/ml nic will yield (for me) for 75 years.. and that it would cost me less than $350 if I took the unflavored (75/25/25 PG/VG/nic) path. I wonder if 'eliquid donor banks' are available, or I guess you could just leave your 'leftover base' in your will or something..

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: stols001

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Interesting. My 'Vapocalypse Calculator' tells me a liter of 1000 mg/ml nic will yield (for me) for 75 years.. and that it would cost me less than $350 if I took the unflavored (75/25/25 PG/VG/nic) path. I wonder if 'eliquid donor banks' are available, or I guess you could just leave your 'leftover base' in your will or something..

I'll have to add a codicil bequeathing all my gear and supplies to ECF to distribute to needy members.

• Love
    Reactions: Letitia

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I didn't get max. That stuff scares me to death.

It's good to have a healthy respect for 10% (100 mg/ml) nicotine base, but there's no need to be scared to death. I have several small (250 ml) bottles of 10% nic in my freezer and have been diluting it for years without an incident. Just make sure there are no small children, cats, etc. running around when you work with nicotine. You may choose to wear thin gloves, just in case, but I don't do it anymore, honestly. Just be careful, measure your diluents exactly (PG or VG) and label everything!!!!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    It's good to have a healthy respect for 10% (100 mg/ml) nicotine base, but there's no need to be scared to death. I have several small (250 ml) bottles of 10% nic in my freezer and have been diluting it for years without an incident. Just make sure there are no small children, cats, etc. running around when you work with nicotine. You may choose to wear thin gloves, just in case, but I don't do it anymore, honestly. Just be careful, measure your diluents exactly (PG or VG) and label everything!!!!
    I think Zazie's talking about being afraid of 1000mg, and actually ordered 250mg.
    I think it's just a matter of what you're comfortable handling. I originally planned to buy 100mg/ml but then moved up a notch to save freezer space.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread