Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
View attachment 463107

This is a disassembled cart. The tabs in the side hold it on pretty tight. As you see, just get the mouthpiece off, remove the rubber seal, refill.

Can't really do a good battery life report until tomorrow. The charger is so damned handy that I kept putting it in the little dock since it was plugged into my Macbook :)

I'll try to run it dead tomorrow w/o charging

Thank you for Posting this picture.

It doesn't look all that Bad to do a Refill. Doesn't look like Rebuilding would be Possible. But Many Clearos are Non Rebuildable. And that didn't stop people from Quitting Smoking with them.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Here's sort of how I see things. I am currently blowing through about 4ml of 12mg juice per day. So, assuming I imbibe all of the nicotine in my juice (I know I'm not, but assuming for argument's sake) that's a total consumption of 48mg of nicotine per day.

On one hand, if I were to use the Blu Plus tank system, it would take me 2 of their cartridges and a lot of huffing and puffing to get my 48mg. On the other hand, Juul claims their pods hold 0.8ml of 59mg/ml juice. So, one pod holds about 47mg of nicotine. Assuming all of the juices above are equivalently bioavailable, one pod could conceivably deliver the same amount of nicotine as my current 4ml of 12mg.

Of course, Juul claims that their juice is different than what's currently available. They claim their juice is more satisfying. Some of the members on this board have also said it satisfies. If this is true for me, then I can see one pod per day, give or take, as being very possible. At least for this reason, I think Juul is worth a test.

I was open-minded enough to try vaping in the first place, so I can't see being close-minded now.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here's sort of how I see things. I am currently blowing through about 4ml of 12mg juice per day. So, assuming I imbibe all of the nicotine in my juice (I know I'm not, but assuming for argument's sake) that's a total consumption of 48mg of nicotine per day.

On one hand, if I were to use the Blu Plus tank system, it would take me 2 of their cartridges and a lot of huffing and puffing to get my 48mg. On the other hand, Juul claims their pods hold 0.8ml of 59mg/ml juice. So, one pod holds about 47mg of nicotine. Assuming all of the juices above are equivalently bioavailable, one pod could conceivably deliver the same amount of nicotine as my current 4ml of 12mg.

Of course, Juul claims that their juice is different than what's currently available. They claim their juice is more satisfying. Some of the members on this board have also said it satisfies. If this is true for me, then I can see one pod per day, give or take, as being very possible. At least for this reason, I think Juul is worth a test.

I was open-minded enough to try vaping in the first place, so I can't see being close-minded now.

in this Country, 36mg/ml is considered a Very High mg/ml. But in the UK, 36mg/ml Isn't seen as that Unusual.

I'm thinking about doing a Test on a 510 with a Atty of what 50mg/ml unflavored hits like. Maybe it would be Something I that I could take a Few Hits, and then Feel Satisfied for Longer?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
in this Country, 36mg/ml is considered a Very High mg/ml. But in the UK, 36mg/ml Isn't seen as that Unusual.

I'm thinking about doing a Test on a 510 with a Atty of what 50mg/ml unflavored hits like. Maybe it would be Something I that I could take a Few Hits, and then Feel Satisfied for Longer?

we need beckdg to give one of these a try and see what he thinks. I'm a moderately high mg vaper, and moderately high wattage. I did start at 36mg in a CE4, but I don't think I could take much of that now.

Reactions: zoiDman

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK

That was my thoughts as well. I really must do the experiment.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That was my thoughts as well. I really must do the experiment.
If you guys do your experiment, please don't assume your results will apply to others.
I hate it when people do that with respect to vaping, smoking, tobacco usage, or nicotine.

What I'm saying is that it is often not true that satisfaction comes from only nicotine.
Although so many people THINK that is the case.

On the other hand, for some, it may well be the case.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
we need beckdg to give one of these a try and see what he thinks. I'm a moderately high mg vaper, and moderately high wattage. I did start at 36mg in a CE4, but I don't think I could take much of that now.

I too had to Briefly go to 36mg/ml when I switched to get over the Hump. But then fell back to 28mg/ml after the first 2 weeks or so.

I wondering though if Now, having no desire to Smoke Cigarettes again, if a Higher Nicotine occasionally would work better than just doing the 10mg/ml that I use All Day?

Only one way to Know I guess.

Reactions: Lessifer

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If you guys do your experiment, please don't assume your results will apply to others.
I hate it when people do that with respect to vaping, smoking, tobacco usage, or nicotine.

What I'm saying is that it is often not true that satisfaction comes from only nicotine.
Although so many people THINK that is the case.

On the other hand, for some, it may well be the case.

You know me DC. (Hey... That Rhymes!)

I don't Assume Much.

LOL

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

The growing number of zero nic vapers (I'm not one of them) tends to validate this. I get most of my enjoyment from the vapor - not clouds of it, just some of it. But I still like nic in the bloodstream. 6-12mg level...

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA

One posible benefit would be that you'd be inhaling less PG, VG and flavoring.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Isn't the Njoy at 48mg/ml? In any case, it bears mentioning that Juul claims their "proprietary mix" makes drawing on the 50mg/ml enjoyable, instead of throat-stripping. If true, then that could make quite a difference.
Vaping very high nic % has been extremely harsh when I've tried it. I can't remember how the 48% njoy kings felt, but I do remember the WhiteCloud 52% being way, way too harsh for me. When I mix at even half that %, it is not pleasant.
If their claim of enjoyable rather than throat-stripping is true, then I agree, that could make a big difference. Perhaps save a lot of smokers from failing to adapt to vaping.
EDIT: I meant 4.8% njoy king and 5.2% WhiteCloud (48mg/ml and 52mg/ml).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lessifer

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
The growing number of zero nic vapers (I'm not one of them) tends to validate this. I get most of my enjoyment from the vapor - not clouds of it, just some of it. But I still like nic in the bloodstream. 6-12mg level...
It really surprises me how unsatisfying high PG% is for me ever since I went to high VG% a year ago. Very unsatisfying to see less vapor output. I think smoking would be disappointing in that way, for me at this stage. I'm not cloud chasing, but I got used to, and have enjoyed the extra visuals. Never before realized how much seeing the exhale is part of the enjoyment, when I smoked and now vape.

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
Vaping very high nic % has been extremely harsh when I've tried it. I can't remember how the 48% njoy kings felt, but I do remember the WhiteCloud 52% being way, way too harsh for me. When I mix at even half that %, it is not pleasant.
If their claim of enjoyable rather than throat-stripping is true, then I agree, that could make a big difference. Perhaps save a lot of smokers from failing to adapt to vaping.
I was thinking if I do try it I'll make it a high VG mix - I've got some 54mg VG nic to hand.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It really surprises me how unsatisfying high PG% is for me ever since I went to high VG% a year ago. Very unsatisfying to see less vapor output. I think smoking would be disappointing in that way, for me at this stage. I'm not cloud chasing, but I got used to, and have enjoyed the extra visuals. Never before realized how much seeing the exhale is part of the enjoyment, when I smoked and now vape.
And you post perfectly illustrates my previous points about not generalizing personal results.
I'll take a decent throat hit (MORE PG) over big clouds.

I need to see some vapor, sure.
But I only need to see it, not use it to block out the sun.
:laugh:

Reactions: nicnik

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
I am very interested to compare the Juul's vapor output with the satisfaction due to the special juice. When I first switched to vaping, it didn't take me long to conclude that for me, satisfaction correlates with cloud density. It's almost like I needed to replace the chemical richness of cigarettes with cloud density of vaping. Of course, there is an upper limit to this too, and now I find myself back on the Nautilus Mini more and more.

Reactions: nicnik

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I am very interested to compare the Juul's vapor output with the satisfaction due to the special juice. When I first switched to vaping, it didn't take me long to conclude that for me, satisfaction correlates with cloud density. It's almost like I needed to replace the chemical richness of cigarettes with cloud density of vaping. Of course, there is an upper limit to this too, and now I find myself back on the Nautilus Mini more and more.
While I would never discount your personal observations and feelings...
I got more vapor from a standard 510 atomizer at 3.7 volts than I ever got smoke from a cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread